1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Banned
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
84 Posts
Beer... especially small batch locally brewed stuff. I enjoy finding local brew pubs when I travel. Wish I had the stones to cash in my 401k and start my own! Then again, I don't have near the $$ in my 401k to get off the ground! hahahaha

//Brew

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
I enjoyed my kids and grandkids when they were in the "fun ages(3-12)"
I enjoyed driving a race car.
I enjoyed playing/performing in a band.
I enjoy DJing a good party.
I enjoy watching movies and races with my wife.(and other things with her)
I enjoy doing the Lords work.(prolly should have put this one 1st)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Retro videogames.

NES, SNES, PS1, even modern indie games designed in the old school 8-bit or 16-bit aesthetic. I have a console called the Retron5 that has cartridge slots for NES, SNES, Sega, Game Boy, and GBA, it outputs everything in glorious full HD and has a variety of display filters. I've never had as much fun with modern big budget games as I used to playing 2-player co-op games liked Double Dragon on Super Nintendo or classic RPGs games like Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy VII.

I'm also a collector of Nerf guns. They're way cooler today than they were in the 90s, now they're magazine loaded or have 5 to 10 round revolver mechanisms. Nerf fights are insane fun and the hobby costs practically nothing compared to electronics and car stuff. $20 for a big gun, $10 for a small one, and extra darts are dirt cheap.

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
I've been enjoying Legos again for the first time in many years. Kid is old enough to start enjoying them now, so I've busted out the decades-old, vintage ones and have started adding to the collection again. Kid's imagination has taken to them very quickly.
We've done the same at our house! My mother kept my old box of Legos, and now my kids play with them. Hours of endless fun and a welcome break from their electronics.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Coin collecting was a passion for the longest time. No kids or grandkids have taken interest, so that's being parted with slowly but surely. I can't take it with me, and the pawn shop ain't getting it.
Traveling is our pleasure that never gets old. My wife is a wine drinker, so we search for wineries when we travel. There are some interesting stories out there.
Food is another passion, we try to never eat at any chain restaurants when we travel, always looking for the mom & pop places, good BBQ places, good pizza places.... you get the picture.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Well besides spending time with my wife and son, for the past going on 24 years i have been doing lawncare/landscaping as a second “job” but it is more of my hobby. This is one example of my ocd and what started out as a few lawns to now have 35 accounts and two mowers. Never advertised and constantly turning down new ones with always alot of positive comments on my work.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Retro videogames.

NES, SNES, PS1, even modern indie games designed in the old school 8-bit or 16-bit aesthetic. I have a console called the Retron5 that has cartridge slots for NES, SNES, Sega, Game Boy, and GBA, it outputs everything in glorious full HD and has a variety of display filters. I've never had as much fun with modern big budget games as I used to playing 2-player co-op games liked Double Dragon on Super Nintendo or classic RPGs games like Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy VII.

I'm also a collector of Nerf guns. They're way cooler today than they were in the 90s, now they're magazine loaded or have 5 to 10 round revolver mechanisms. Nerf fights are insane fun and the hobby costs practically nothing compared to electronics and car stuff. $20 for a big gun, $10 for a small one, and extra darts are dirt cheap.

That reminds me, I've got to go find my Game Boy in the basement. Kid would enjoy that. We've been starting a little NES and some old Wii games recently. Quite entertaining. It's amazing to me that Super Mario Bros. is like riding a bike after decades of not playing. You still remember exactly where everything is and how to do it.

·
Banned
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Coin collecting was a passion for the longest time. No kids or grandkids have taken interest, so that's being parted with slowly but surely. I can't take it with me, and the pawn shop ain't getting it.
Traveling is our pleasure that never gets old. My wife is a wine drinker, so we search for wineries when we travel. There are some interesting stories out there.
Food is another passion, we try to never eat at any chain restaurants when we travel, always looking for the mom & pop places, good BBQ places, good pizza places.... you get the picture.
any hints on best $$ way to sell off?

its time I let mine go …

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
My turn-----My latest and most satisfying pleasure in life is when I get on that jet plane and head to the Great State of Texas to our 'Little Piece of Heaven' in Abilene and meet up with our famous 'Super Mod' @Pinetree !! I've been here for a few days now and have another week of 'bliss' to experience. Heat?? What heat?? To me the excessive heat we are experiencing now is inconsequential just to know that as long as I am here in Abilene I am not contributing to the insanity that continues to emit from the 'Lizzard Head-Pomade Geek' that continues to ruin a once great state!! OK, Nuff said. Now back to my daily agenda of enjoying what real people are like. Howdy, Y'all !!

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Fantasy football season is here!
After that comes a snowy winter(fingers crossed) for snowmobiling which is an absolute slice of heaven.

·
Banned
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My turn-----My latest and most satisfying pleasure in life is when I get on that jet plane and head to the Great State of Texas to our 'Little Piece of Heaven' in Abilene and meet up with our famous 'Super Mod' @Pinetree !! I've been here for a few days now and have another week of 'bliss' to experience. Heat?? What heat?? To me the excessive heat we are experiencing now is inconsequential just to know that as long as I am here in Abilene I am not contributing to the insanity that continues to emit from the 'Lizzard Head-Pomade Geek' that continues to ruin a once great state!! OK, Nuff said. Now back to my daily agenda of enjoying what real people are like. Howdy, Y'all !!
I seem to remember Abilene as one of the top 20 cities to live .. good move … :moved:

Im so F****** frustrated here .. but this is where my family is, so .. feel a bit stuck …
the cos of living here has gone from bad to horrible …

just paid fees on SS:
DMV - $319
Park'g permit - $60
Ins - $640 x 2

that's $1,659 / yr before I even drive it …

And I still hope the pendulum swings back within my lifetime .. wishful thinking .. but .. hopefull ...

1 - 20 of 70 Posts