Chevy SS Forum banner
4141 - 4160 of 4163 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Welcome to the forum @markf1971. You definitely have the sister car to the SS that was imported in to the country and I’ll tell you quick that I seem to always pull up next to a white one at a 2 way turn coming out of the main road where I work and his sounds pretty nasty, if you know what I mean. Throw up a pic and show us what you have!
So, I'm not sure what you mean by, "sounds pretty nasty". I went outside to get you a pic, but it isn't very good since it is nighttime. Maybe I can take another pic in the morning.
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
220 Posts
So, I'm not sure what you mean by, "sounds pretty nasty". I went outside to get you a pic, but it isn't very good since it is nighttime. Maybe I can take another pic in the morning. View attachment 298990
Sounding pretty nasty would indicate the car is heavily cammed and also has headers. You’re looks very clean. How may miles are on it?

Reactions: 15SuperSport

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sounding pretty nasty would indicate the car is heavily cammed and also has headers. You’re looks very clean. How may miles are on it?
It has the usual dings & wear & tear typical of a police cruiser. I can enjoy driving it though, if it were like new I would be stressed about everything. It has 134K miles on it. Cars always look better in the dark. I've been told that you never buy a car in the dark, so that you don't miss seeing anything.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Welcome to the forum @markf1971 . My daily is a 1996 Buick LeSabre 3800 series II. I'd love the LT1, but the series II is one of the best most reliable engines that the general ever put out, so I'm not complaining. Pics of the PPV!
Here is a daytime pic. I'm not really big on taking pictures..... I'm really big on enjoying driving GM V-8 rear drive cars!
Car Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Land vehicle

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,
I'm a relatively short term lurker of these forums. I got properly introduced to these Holdens when my dad picked up a lightly modified PSM G8 GT a few years ago, though I've always been aware of how cool the 2 generations we got here in the States are. I'm now shopping for a clean manual SS in pretty much any color besides black or silver. Gotta get my post count up so I can hopefully PM people in the classifieds section when I find the right car.
Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
9,086 Posts

·
Registered
2014 black with spare and sunroof
25 Posts
I suppose I should have introduced myself a week back (seeing how folks have already helped solve my VCIM connectivity AND antenna issue)!

I am a long time LS owner, bought a C5 new years ago, hence the screen name. I work in driver development and training on the weekends and in a few years motorsports and driver training will be my full time gig. My current fleet includes a World Challenge Corvette with a forged LS1 (for vintage class specs), LQ9 powered 2500 Silverado to tow it with, a 14 SS that is fairly new to me (few weeks but already has new belts, fluids, brakes and a repaired compass!) and an 88 Testarossa that I rebuilt by myself in a one car garage during Covid. Documented it all on a FB page but managed to make a number of pieces in chopped carbon fiber 3D prints.

Looking forward to giving back to this community, I enjoy working on my own stuff and like to help others wherever I can. Cheers, thanks for hosting a great community here. I've wanted an SS for several years and am selling the Buick Enclave I've been driving so it'll be my daily driver now. The SS seems to hit so many high points, what a great platform.

Cassidy

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hi all! Just picked up a ‘17 NGM with 11k miles. This is my first GM and so far I see why people love the LS! That’s my old Bronco in the background, I’ve owned four of them since 2002.
Welcome to the forum @toll booth willie and congrats on finding such a low mileage unicorn. That’s a great color also.

·
Super Moderator
9,086 Posts
Welcome to the forum @toll booth willie . Nice car, cool Bronco. I pass a similar Bronco with a soft top on my run every morning. At work in a truck that is. I've seen a hardtop version as well, but that was a long time ago, from a helicopter vantage point...

·
Super Moderator
14,764 Posts
Welcome to the forum @toll booth willie . Nice car, cool Bronco. I pass a similar Bronco with a soft top on my run every morning. At work in a truck that is. I've seen a hardtop version as well, but that was a long time ago, from a helicopter vantage point...
Can't help but wonder how many get the reference.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes the infamous White Bronco! :ROFLMAO: Last year for Halloween my kids and I dressed up a skeleton with a black glove and a knife to ride shotgun with me all month. We got lots of laughs.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive parking light

I've been strictly a Ford guy for most of my life (many Broncos, Crown Vic, Mustang, Explorer, Escape, etc., etc.) so I'm looking forward to learn about the black magic tricks of GM. So far the SS has been a hit. I'm already making a spreadsheet of what I want to do!

When I took it to get inspected I overheard the mechanics trying to figure out what kind of Malibu it was, which immediately had me rolling. Then an older guy walked over and explained it's a V8 from down under, like the old G8 and GTO. They all nodded and proceeded to rev it up a bit before finishing the inspection.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey everyone, new member here. I’m probably as rare as my SS as mine is beat up pretty good. It’s a rebuild in progress. Picked it up at what I think is a fair price. Along with the majority of the parts needed to rebuild. She needs a lot of love, but I’ll make her rise from the ashes and shine again. This is my first SS but not my first rebuild. Typically C6’s and a few others. I just do it as a hobby mainly. Maybe a couple a year. Anyway mine is a 2015 Perfect Blue auto 70k. Probably cam and turbo or lsa, I don’t know we shall see where this journey takes us. Should be fun!

Jay

·
Super Moderator
4,664 Posts
Welcome to the SS Forums @JayzBentSS !!

There have been a few epic rebuild threads on this forum,, perhaps none more so than this blast from the past,,,,

Keep us in the loop and post up pics of the process along the way!!

Good Luck!!

ES

4141 - 4160 of 4163 Posts