Chevy SS Forum banner
4121 - 4140 of 4163 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi! Enjoying reading tech tips on this forum as I’ve looking to buy 16-17 SS w/ manual trans. Should’ve bought one years ago brand new as the local Fayetteville NC Chevy dealers had a couple sitting unsold for awhile. Owned some older Chevys - 64 Impala but recently dabbled in BMW M3s - e36 and v8 e90.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi everyone! I‘ve only just recently joined the forum and am already getting great help from its members. Ever since the SS came out I wanted one and when they went on sale in March of 2017 and knowing that was going to be the last year I bought one. Sunroof, no spare, Red Hot 2, six speed manual. I‘ve kept it stock other than upgrading the sound system (which I will post about) and while it is my daily driver I still baby it. I recently did some paint correction on it and have it shining like new again.

I guess you can say I have a thing for red Chevys! The 67 my sons and I restored. The 2018 ZL1 was a deal too good to pass up but in buying that my wife told me I had to let one of the other two go.

I sure do miss that 67 some days but no way was I giving up the 17 SS!
Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle Tire

·
Super Moderator
9,086 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Hufftwin1 .Get some more posts under your belt in order to enable the PM function and head over to the classified section where you'll find many a fine example to consider.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I’m in FL but looking all over, only want a 2017 😉 and hopefully in that had some upgrades
Well, respond to this so you can get another post. If you’re only looking for a 2017, then cut your number to a little over 4k for that year. You just missed out on 2-3 that recently sold and were upgraded in a manner you would probably approve of but not 17’s. They are out there and good luck hunting. I searched for 2 years before stumbling across a 3,800 mile unicorn, all stock and it still smells new today. Search 2-3 times a day and when you find one you like and it’s a keeper, you better pull the trigger quick, especially if it’s a manual.

·
Registered
2016 Chevy SS, RH2, 6MT, Hole, Spare, Mods
111 Posts
Reactions: Hufftwin1

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Car

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Hey guys! I wanted to reintroduce myself since I haven't been active really. I started with my first SS about 4 years ago. It was perfect blue with a manual and I absolutely loved it. However, I was offered a cash price I couldn't refused for it, so she sold. But then about a month later I found this one and bought it immediately. Only difference is it's an auto, but it has all the power upgrades I wanted to do to my manual one. Slight trade off, but I am more than happy with this one. Sure I miss the manual a little, but only up until I floor it in this one 🤣.

·
Super Moderator
9,086 Posts
Hey guys! I wanted to reintroduce myself since I haven't been active really. I started with my first SS about 4 years ago. It was perfect blue with a manual and I absolutely loved it. However, I was offered a cash price I couldn't refused for it, so she sold. But then about a month later I found this one and bought it immediately. Only difference is it's an auto, but it has all the power upgrades I wanted to do to my manual one. Slight trade off, but I am more than happy with this one. Sure I miss the manual a little, but only up until I floor it in this one 🤣.
Welcome back @Nasa17 . Regardless of the transmission, it's still perfect. (y)

·
Registered
220 Posts
HI, I just bought a 2014 Caprice PPV 6.0L. I have always loved GM V8 rear drive cars. My daily driver before buying the Caprice was a 1996 Buick Roadmaster with a 5.7L LT-1. I'm looking forward to getting educated about this platform.
Welcome to the forum @markf1971. You definitely have the sister car to the SS that was imported in to the country and I’ll tell you quick that I seem to always pull up next to a white one at a 2 way turn coming out of the main road where I work and his sounds pretty nasty, if you know what I mean. Throw up a pic and show us what you have!

Reactions: 15SuperSport

·
Super Moderator
9,086 Posts
Welcome to the forum @markf1971 . My daily is a 1996 Buick LeSabre 3800 series II. I'd love the LT1, but the series II is one of the best most reliable engines that the general ever put out, so I'm not complaining. Pics of the PPV!

4121 - 4140 of 4163 Posts