Chevy SS Forum banner
4021 - 4040 of 4061 Posts

·
Registered
2016, Stick, White
8 Posts
Hello! Just purchased a 2016 stick, Heron White. I'm a recent TX transplant from AZ and was big into the Jeep and rock crawling scene in AZ. I've been researching SSs for lots of years now and finally pulled the trigger. This is my first LS, so I've got a lot to learn...

·
Super Moderator
7,595 Posts
Reactions: ESindon and z51vett

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi all ,
I'm juan from Champaign IL ... I just bought a 2015 SS from insurance auction... not sure if I going to continue with this project... no very good body shops around...I'm happy to be part of this forum ....thanks so much...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys! Recently joined the forum didn't know this was here, been really running through different topics here and there ever since I got my ss 2 months ago.

I got a 2017 phantom black automatic with most of the holden badges on it. Swiped it from Texas and drove it all the way back to Cali.

I don't have any previous experience with badass cars (I had a 1983 Ford ranger then a chevy cruze). But I got promoted at work and wanted an upgrade from the 2017 cruze I had and was looking into a Malibu. My brother mentioned the chevy ss and I fell in love! I'm excited to read more from everyone about everything that comes with owning these cars <3

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Welcome new folks!

Reactions: z51vett

·
Registered
2017 Chevrolet SS
4 Posts
Hey everyone, new owner here! Long time SS owner though, I started back in 2003 with my new Silverado SS(still have it). I followed up by preordering a 2010 Camaro SS, Inferno Orange Metallic w/ Cyber Gray Stripes, Orange interior, Paint matched engine cover, 6sp MT (traded in for a family vehicle...still kicking myself) and now have my 2017 Chevy SS... just picked it up yesterday... 1 previous owner and only 3,947 miles on the odometer... couldn't pass it up... been following Holden's since they came here in the forms of the GTO and G8. Love the car so far and look forward to reading through the forum!

·
Super Moderator
7,595 Posts
Welcome to the forum @56ChevyWagon , congrats on the OBM SS 👍

Reactions: z51vett

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Hey everyone, new owner here! Long time SS owner though, I started back in 2003 with my new Silverado SS(still have it). I followed up by preordering a 2010 Camaro SS, Inferno Orange Metallic w/ Cyber Gray Stripes, Orange interior, Paint matched engine cover, 6sp MT (traded in for a family vehicle...still kicking myself) and now have my 2017 Chevy SS... just picked it up yesterday... 1 previous owner and only 3,947 miles on the odometer... couldn't pass it up... been following Holden's since they came here in the forms of the GTO and G8. Love the car so far and look forward to reading through the forum!
Welcome...

Nice catch, only 3,947 miles is amazing, guess original owner was not into driving it....

·
Registered
6 Posts
New member, I’ve always loved these cars. Had a heads, cam, stall stryker blue G8 GT but had to sell it. I have twins on the way now, so I’ll be selling my LS3 T56 99 WS6 so that I can fit my whole family into one car, the SS. I live 45 minutes south of St. Louis, MO in case anyone is thinking of selling within the next few months. Also, being 6’5”, I’d LOVE to find a unicorn without a sunroof. Either of the blue colors would be my first choice for sure, followed by OBM.

·
Registered
2017 Chevrolet SS
4 Posts
New member, I’ve always loved these cars. Had a heads, cam, stall stryker blue G8 GT but had to sell it. I have twins on the way now, so I’ll be selling my LS3 T56 99 WS6 so that I can fit my whole family into one car, the SS. I live 45 minutes south of St. Louis, MO in case anyone is thinking of selling within the next few months. Also, being 6’5”, I’d LOVE to find a unicorn without a sunroof. Either of the blue colors would be my first choice for sure, followed by OBM.
I'm 6'6" and fit very well in mine with a sunroof.

Reactions: Tspindler

·
Registered
2017 Chevrolet SS
4 Posts
Some folks are all legs others are long torsos so long torsos will have head clearance problems
I hear you, but I'm good in both areas, great leg room and good head room. 👍

Reactions: Pinetree

·
Registered
9 Posts
Noob here. I’ve been lurking for about a year and picked up an 2014 a couple of months ago. Been a LS guy for years but settling down and am sticking to bolts on…for now lol. New dad to twin boys so they get the dadmobile piggy bank money for a while. Anyways glad to be here.

·
Super Moderator
7,595 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Scooby . Congrats on the SS, but moreso on your sons. Hope the SS becomes an heirloom that you and your boys bond around for many years to come.

Reactions: wilkin4 and ESindon

·
Super Moderator
7,595 Posts
Definitely the plan! Be a while but I’m sure they’ll begin with modded power wheels or something. I can’t leave anything alone.
MLToys.com

Reactions: ESindon
4021 - 4040 of 4061 Posts