Chevy SS Forum banner
4001 - 4020 of 4059 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Chevrolet SS Silver
561 Posts
Hi everyone, I've just joined after purchasing a used 2015 SS, the silver ice metallic colored one. Im a old dude living in OKC. This is the first modern hot rod I've owned, I am in love..for the first time in my life.....and I've been married, twice!
The SS is all stock, 80k miles, one owner. The pictures aren't mine, from the previous owner View attachment 284834 View attachment 284835
Silver is the best color for the SS....keeps you below the radar when opening up on the highway! Enjoy!

·
Registered
2014 Chevrolet SS Silver
561 Posts
Hi all I'm Scott from Ventura country, SoCal. Some may have noticed I bought Redwolfs car from Minnesota and it arrived today! Managed to squeeze in 130 miles of canyon and beach cruising around family responsibilities after it arrived at 8 am-and I am completely smitten! It is exactly what I expected! What a cool car! My wife digs it too-always a bonus.
Love the SIM color, the best color for the SS IMHO....make the car a real sleeper. Enjoy!

·
Registered
2014 Chevrolet SS Silver
561 Posts
New member in Hawaii. Bought a used stock 2015 automatic,Silver with no spare and a sunroof from a military guy who came from NC, so maybe someone’s old car on here??. Still learning about the car, so hoping everything is ok with it. Just sold my SHO, but I also have a Jeep GC SRT8. Prior to that I‘ve owned an Integra, a Lightning and a Regal T-Type.
Excellent color for the SS, certainly makes it the ultimate sleeper sedan....hope you're enjoying!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Guys, looking to purchase a 2017 SS in a few months, should I go with the Hennessy Upgrade ($24,000) or is it an alternative where I can get the same results for cheaper ? (650 HP+)

·
Super Moderator
7,574 Posts
Welcome to the forum @plentyfund$ . You should be able to get to that goal for about a quarter of that 24K if you do it yourself, a third to a half of that 24K to have a reputable performance shop do the install.

Reactions: ESindon

·
Super Moderator
7,574 Posts
@15SuperSport great, what’s the max hp do you think I can get out of the SS ?
How much money do you want to spend? We have guys here running 7,8,900HP. I'm about 585 at the crank, still N/A, no juice. Sky is the limit if the wallet isn't...

Reactions: SucceSS and ESindon

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
I have followed your Forum from time to time over the years and thought it time that I finally joined. I am addicted to driving the Chevrolet SS (Holden) as evidenced by the fact that I just purchased my fifth SS. My latest is a 2017 Regal Peacock Green Metallic that I was able to purchase with less than 1000 miles. I purchased my first SS in 2014 (silver) my second in 2016 (also silver). The next SS was a 2017 (white) then a 2017 Black and now the Green one. Each car has been purchased with low mileage and traded on the next one when the mileage reached 30,000 or more. Needless to say I like the SS and cannot find anything newer to compare. The acceleration, handling and appearance never get old. The adjustable exhaust mode is impossible to find in anything else at a reasonable price.
You will probably say I am a little bit sick but right now I am enjoying my latest purchase like it is a 2022 early production model.

·
Registered
5 Posts
What up!? I'm Josh. New to the SS (looking to buy) but not new to GM. Currently have a 99 Trans Am with a 6.0, LS3 top end, 4l80e and 9 inch, as well as a 2000 RCBS step side GMC Sierra with a 408/4l80e combo. Looking to get into a 16/17 SS within the next couple months! Located in VA.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
I have followed your Forum from time to time over the years and thought it time that I finally joined. I am addicted to driving the Chevrolet SS (Holden) as evidenced by the fact that I just purchased my fifth SS. My latest is a 2017 Regal Peacock Green Metallic that I was able to purchase with less than 1000 miles. I purchased my first SS in 2014 (silver) my second in 2016 (also silver). The next SS was a 2017 (white) then a 2017 Black and now the Green one. Each car has been purchased with low mileage and traded on the next one when the mileage reached 30,000 or more. Needless to say I like the SS and cannot find anything newer to compare. The acceleration, handling and appearance never get old. The adjustable exhaust mode is impossible to find in anything else at a reasonable price.
You will probably say I am a little bit sick but right now I am enjoying my latest purchase like it is a 2022 early production model.
Wow, quite the SS history for a first-time poster...welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
3,565 Posts
Welcome to the SS Forums @5timesSS and @Weeble1 !!!!

To restate a previous statement to another recent convert to SS addiction....

Enjoy and good luck Unicorn Hunting @Weeble1 !!!!

ES

·
Registered
6 Posts
Welcome to Chevy SS Forum! Please tell us a bit about yourself, your driving history, cars you have owned and loved, and why you like/hate the Chevy SS.

We hope you enjoy your stay and welcome aboard our amazing community.

Your SSForums.com Staff
Hello all! I just got a 2105 Chevy SS two weeks ago, after about a year and a half of following the market. The car has a manual transmission, a solid roof, full spare, and is Regal Peacock Green. The car is fully stock and has not been modified in any way. I first learned of Holden when I was in Australia in 1993 on deployment during my years in the Marines, and have been curious about them since then. My daily driver is a 2010 VW GTI, and I have a 2008 Roush 428R Mustang that I use as a track day car, mostly at Watkins Glen International. I live in Long Beach, NY and I'm looking forward to being a part of this enthusiast community.

·
Super Moderator
5,799 Posts
Hello all! I just got a 2105 Chevy SS two weeks ago, after about a year and a half of following the market. The car has a manual transmission, a solid roof, full spare, and is Regal Peacock Green. The car is fully stock and has not been modified in any way. I first learned of Holden when I was in Australia in 1993 on deployment during my years in the Marines, and have been curious about them since then. My daily driver is a 2010 VW GTI, and I have a 2008 Roush 428R Mustang that I use as a track day car, mostly at Watkins Glen International. I live in Long Beach, NY and I'm looking forward to being a part of this enthusiast community.
Welcome Semper Fi Sgt E5 here 62 to 66

·
Super Moderator
7,574 Posts
Welcome, congrats on the SS, and thank you for your service to our country @JohnnyAloha

Reactions: ESindon

·
Premium Member
7,202 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Greetings all. Bill here from Long Island, NY. Very happy with my recently purchased 14 SS, PMB, sunroof & spare. I've also had a 09 G8 GT, PMB for almost a decade now. Enjoying them both, but the G8 will probably go soon. Not to say the thrill is gone, now that I have the SS. The G8 looks like it should quicker and still grabs constant attention. As others have said - Coming at you the SS looks a little too much like my last rental car. That's ok. I'll take the sleeper look and the Holden build quality, power, handling and value for the buck any day. I also have a pickup for the bad weather days, so the Holdens only see fair weather. For the G8, I added paddle shifting via foot switches and made a circuit for remote control of the heated seats via the stock G8 remote, may do that to the SS too. Looking forward to learning more about the car. Good to be here. Let the fun begin.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Welcome @HoldenOn to the forum and congrats on your recent purchase. Great screen name by the way

4001 - 4020 of 4059 Posts