Chevy SS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Well this thread surely took off while I was MIA. Lol.

Thanks for all the responses guys.

I try to go to Cars and Coffee in Warrendale, the Saturday night car cruise at Norwin Shopping Mall on route 30 (it's really nice, alot of different cars) and there is a small Wednesday night cruise at Mills Mall in Tarentum PA. I noticed some folks talking about Wexford, I've heard nothing but great rumors about that cruise so I'd love to meet anyone for that cruise.

My email is [email protected] if anyone would like to get in touch. For those that already left their email I'll shoot you a message.
I'm from New Castle and sometimes attend the C&C and other car meets. Just got my SS in November.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Looking good for the show!

Attachments

·
Registered
200 Posts
II host a car cruise with my British Car Club in April (the 21st this year) at my golf course in Ligonier. There is usually a 35ish mile drive through the coutryside and a picnic (pot luck style) in my dining area.
Donnie
The only car my wife would let me have back if I could. Last I heard (a number of years ago) a guy out in Murrysville had it.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
No. I bought mine used from a guy in wash DC I havent been down there yet i get mine serviced at north star in moon.
I've seen a Slipstream SS @ Miller & Sons for service, but now I see your actually Perfect Blue.

Jeff is a World Class Technician and seems to be a real enthusiast. He's been super meticulous every time he's worked on my car for recalls & service. Brings me out and shows me all of his work. I especially like the way he did the wire harness work. I don't know much about the GM WCT program, but I feel better having this car serviced by him.

gmstc . com/WCT.aspx (remove the spaces, I'm too new here to post a link)

Perhaps those with knowledge about this program can comment.

·
Registered
24 Posts
This SS was spotted in Greensburg, PA today in the Greengate Plaza near the Wal-Mart. Send me a message if this belongs to you.

Donnie

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
The SS at the car show looked great! I was there checking it out on friday night.
I'm surprised there's this many of us around Pittsburgh as I can go a month or more without spotting one.

I live in the Southern part of the city and work out near Robinson. '17 slipstream blue.

·
Registered
24 Posts
There is a Cars -n- Coffee event Saturday 3/3/2018 at 9:00 am in Greensburg. Route 30 near the Mountain View Inn. There is a large parking lot on the westbound side where a furniture store was once located. It now has a coffee bar inside. The closest address I could find was that of a bank in the same plaza. 110 Village Dr, Greensburg, PA 15601 Maybe some of you can make it. I plan to be there. Not sure about the SS, it's a little dirty.

Donnie

·
Registered
17 Posts
Anybody planning on going to the Waterfront on April 12th? Pittsburgh Car Scene is having their first meet of the year. Usually a ton of ricers there though.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Fellow Pittsburgh area SS peeps... I just heard from one of my former ICISS (Iron City Impala SSs) compatriots that "it's looking pretty good that we may be hosting the Impala SS Nationals here in Pittsburgh in 2019!"

While I haven't been involved directly with the club since I got the SS I can say that the last time I went to the Impala SS Nationals in Charlotte, NC there were a few of the Caprice PPVs in attendance and welcomed.

It looks like the plan would be to use the road course at PittRace in Wampum and drag racing at Quaker City Raceway in Salem, OH. They are looking for car show venues and a place to autocross but may end up doing that at PittRace, as well.

I think if we ask them nice they might let us join in the fun. :wink

If you guys are interested I will continue to post info in this thread as it comes in. (Unless I get a "nay" from them, which I honestly doubt but one never knows.)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Pittsburgh owners interest

Keep us informed. Specifics on dates, locations and activities would help stir interest among the Pittsburgh/W. Pa owners. Thanks in advance for the updates.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Well guys, I just got this note:
>>>2019 ISSCA Nationals - Save the date! While no contracts are signed yet ISSCA is negotiating to have the 2019 Nationals in the Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania area the week of July 23, 2019. Road racing will be at Pittsburgh International Race Complex aka Pitt Race and drag racing will be at Quaker City Motorsports Park.
More info as it becomes available but you can pretty much lock in those dates for next year.<<<

I inquired as to whether or not we would be welcome to join in the fun and got a positive response in that, we would pay like everyone else but we wouldn't win anything - i.e. can't go up against the B-bodies.
BUT, he did suggest that if we had a sufficient a number (not specified, as yet) we could have our own class.

They are still looking for a venue for the car show (preferably indoors) and/or banquet.

For now, mark the date...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Local Weekly Cruise

There's a local gathering affiliated with the Quaker Steak & Lube at Robinson each Sunday from 4-8 through the summer. I've seen as many as 20 or more cars, and I've seen as few as 5 on sketchy weather days.

Car Cruises Online - Cruise Listing

I haven't had my car there yet, but would like to take it sometime. Might be fun to line a few of us up there.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Are there any recommended shops in the Pittsburgh area for older Chevy muscle cars? Looking at buying out of state and would like to have an independent shop inspect the car before making the trip up for final review/purchase.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Are there any recommended shops in the Pittsburgh area for older Chevy muscle cars? Looking at buying out of state and would like to have an independent shop inspect the car before making the trip up for final review/purchase.
It would help to know a bit more about where the car you're looking at is located.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Pittsburgh, PA 15238
Sorry, couldn't be more the opposite side of town from me. I don't know any qualified folks out that way. There are at least a couple of members out that way. Maybe someone else will chime in. Best of luck to you!

21 - 40 of 42 Posts