Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, names Danny. So as the title states, picked up this SS about 5 days ago sight unseen. I was surprised when I got to the dealer and discovered that the car had been modified by the previous owner. Would love to get the specs on the motor as i plan to dyno tune next followed up by a supercharger shortly after. The car I know came from Texas, as far as I can see these are the mods

Kooks headers
AMP cylinder heads
Intake
Kooks mid x pipe
Catch can
Modified intake manifold
Cam possible stage 3

Car has about 17,300 on the clock and was very well cared for. This is a car that I plan on keeping in my possession for a very long time to come and love to get the specs on the build before I dyno tune as to not stretch the limits. Going to reach out to the dealer tom and see if they can foward my info to the original owner.

Now onto the fun stuff. I've owned her for 5 days so far a set of new Continental extreme DW, Eibach lowering springs, and DYNO RUN.

488 RWHP

458 RWT

Couldnt be happier with the results!! As soon as I have the specs back on the dyno it goes

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
13,328 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,483 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Danthemalibuman. Add to the mod list a Roto-Fab CAI, Holden badging and engine cover delete. Depending on who did the engine work, it is probably tuned accordingly. While the specs would certainly be good to have, proper air/fuel ratio and timing can be dialed in without either. Hopefully the tune isn't locked. Good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys!! Judging by the power curves it looks like a typical Livernois tune. I've seen ls3 with 530 plus on a similar set up after a dyno tune. The pic I'm posting was from the first run which came at 481. Should be well into the 500 hp after its cleaned up

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,483 Posts
Thanks guys!! Judging by the power curves it looks like a typical Livernois tune. I've seen ls3 with 530 plus on a similar set up after a dyno tune. The pic I'm posting was from the first run which came at 481. Should be well into the 500 hp after its cleaned up
Two things to note. First, if it is a Livernois tune, it is probably locked and hopefully you can find the mycalibrator handheld in the trunk or console. Second, if it is a Livernois tune, it is probably safe. That isn't a bad thing.

·
Super Moderator
5,483 Posts
Biggest question is, if anybody knows who's car is was by some miracle please reach out!
You may try going into the classified section and scouring the past listings in vehicle sales to see if it was ever offered here. Some get listed here before eventually taking it to the dealership for a trade.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts