Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do not know how the purist in photography will feel about this thread however it is just another form of art.
I photoshop and photo paint. I use Corel programs and have found that I do not have to wait until the perfect moment to snap because I can fix it in post production so to speak. I also like to paint and the paint program is great. I can make an oil painting and not get my hands dirty. You can pick the medium oil, water color, pencil, etc. The type of brush soft, course etc. Pick the type canvas cotton, parchment, paper and have fun. So here goes, because I know on this forum there are a couple of you that are pretty good at it so why not show us what you have got.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Should be a good thread.
I'm a big believer in getting it right in the camera, the perfect image shouldn't need any post-processing.
For creating Black & White images, I shoot in color and convert in Lightroom, not in the camera. In-camera conversion is limited and dictated by the manufacturer. Also, shooting in color first gives a better range of gray tones after converting.
Lightroom is my choice for post-processing. Photography is art and some images are better when tweaked. Never been a fan of HDR.

White balance can make a big difference, it's a pain to do corrections in the field so post-processing is useful.
Biggest problem with post-processing is there's literally thousands of combinations of tweaks and settling on the 'best' one is perplexing. Add to that how the same image will look different on different monitors. And then trying to print and get the same colors as the monitor can be beastly even with color calibration.

Let's see some photo art!

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Should be a good thread.
I'm a big believer in getting it right in the camera, the perfect image shouldn't need any post-processing.
For creating Black & White images, I shoot in color and convert in Lightroom, not in the camera. In-camera conversion is limited and dictated by the manufacturer. Also, shooting in color first gives a better range of gray tones after converting.
Lightroom is my choice for post-processing. Photography is art and some images are better when tweaked. Never been a fan of HDR.

White balance can make a big difference, it's a pain to do corrections in the field so post-processing is useful.
Biggest problem with post-processing is there's literally thousands of combinations of tweaks and settling on the 'best' one is perplexing. Add to that how the same image will look different on different monitors. And then trying to print and get the same colors as the monitor can be beastly even with color calibration.

Let's see some photo art!
I agree in that changing lighting and color is not a good idea however you have this great shot lined up, the sun is perfect and a delivery truck comes and sets up shop and invades your background. Sit around and wait? Not me I have got to go. So I take the shot and wipeout the truck at home. Susie and I travel with just the two of us on the motorcycle. Not much room for anything but bare essentials if you are traveling with a women on a motorcycle. No room for a tripod. So I take two pictures one of her then she takes one of me and I marry them at home as we are standing side by side with whatever in the background.Sometimes photoshop is a real photo saver.
Then there is this, a real work of art by: Bwarren228

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Not much room for anything but bare essentials if you are traveling with a women on a motorcycle. No room for a tripod.
This size tripod fits in a shirt pocket, I consider it an essential. Works fine for a small point & shoot. Level bike up on centerstand, place tripod on tank or seat. Get's my traveling companions in image, don't have to fuss with photoshop. And better than handing camera to some stranger that's gonna f/u the pic.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
A little tweak will allow you to see the familiar in a whole new way.
Saturn V engine exhaust nozzle:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh the weather outside is frightful,
But a picture of the snow is delightful.
So if you have no place to go,
Photoshop a picture of the snow.

·
Registered
2016 Mystic Green
709 Posts
I use Photoshop daily for my job in the printing field.

The majority of the images for the fine art books we produce for world class photographers still remain virtually untouched, at the most, we adjust ever so slightly for the various paper textures we print on, (gloss, matte, uncoated, etc.).

In my personal opinion, digital photography has changed the art, some for the better, some for the worse.

Much of what you see in print today as a finished product, is far from what was supplied to us originally.

I was never that good at actually taking the pictures, but they look like a million bucks when I am done manipulating them.

Keep posting the nice work guys!

Not trying to sell anything, or break any forum rules, but if you would like to see where I work, and what we do, check out brilliant-graphics.com

1 - 9 of 9 Posts