Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

· Premium Member
618 Posts
The Cabin Pollen Filter is the same as Holden VE and Pontiac G8.
GM Part Number 92184248
Don't pay any more than US$36 shipped for it.
I've currently got about 30 in stock in USA.
E-mail [email protected]

Edit: There's a new Part Number now. Filter Kit 92420322.
I think the kit will just be 1x 92184248 filter + 1x 92260866 label.
[Label, Passenger Compartment Air Filter Info]

I'll order in a kit and see exactly what it's all about.

· Premium Member
7,509 Posts
Glad I have extras!
Thanx CP!

· Premium Member
618 Posts
Glad I have extras!
Thanx CP!
You're welcome.
I did order in the Filter Kit 92420322.
It was just 1x 92184248 filter + 1x 92260866 label.
[Label, Passenger Compartment Air Filter Info]
The label said something daft like "This vehicle is fitted with a cabin filter".

· Registered
205 Posts
A year later, it's time to remind everyone about this service item--easily overlooked.

Accumulated time/miles for some now will reveal just how dirty this filter gets.

Something for newer owners who may not have seen this thread, as well.
Great reminder, thanks. Gonna look at mine today.

· Premium Member
2,493 Posts
I have changed mine in the past was wondering if anyone has photos was looking at SS don't see a break in vent panel whole thing lift up.
z51vett
Doug

It's in the engine bay, passenger side, under the plastic cowling.

Reactions: Headrat

· Premium Member
3,373 Posts
Is this a 12 or 24 month requirement?
It's recommended at 22,500 miles, with the standard caveats for extreme conditions to call for changing more often--I didn't look to see if there's any added annual or bi-annual service interval called for, regardless of miles.

CP's comments suggested changing annually, but I don't know if that's in the Holden owner's manual or service recommendations, or just to be on the safe side.

I have changed mine in the past was wondering if anyone has photos was looking at SS don't see a break in vent panel whole thing lift up.
Doug, there's this link to photos in post #5, from a year back.

If you purchase the GM service filter, it comes with an instruction sheet, even though it's a Holden document, so everything is "backwards" as far as the position of the plenum as viewed from the front of the car/under the hood.

· Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
I would add that just as with other maintenance items, extreme dust or pollen conditions may require more frequent service intervals. :)

· Banned
15,299 Posts
I would add that just as with other maintenance items, extreme dust or pollen conditions may require more frequent service intervals. :)
Definitely.

Filter life if you want to get technical is really based on total CFM flow thru the filter as well as the quality of what is being filtered. The total flow combined with the amount of particles in that flow determine life. Tepid clean air climates where fan is always set low have long filter life. Extreme hot or cold with the fan set high with or without dirty air have shorter filter life.

The cardinal rule of any filter:

As it gets dirtier it becomes more efficient trapping more particles; therefore exponentially reducing flow and life.

· Premium Member
953 Posts
I ordered the Premium Guard PC 6091 ($9.59) and the PTC 3753 ($8.38) and the ACDelco CF182 ($31.83) from Amazon, and will compare them when they get here.

I'm sure I will use them all eventually with the way pollen 'storms' happen here in Atlanta. ('High' pollen level is generally accepted to be about 1000-1500 depending on who is counting - last year here it hit 9,639 at the peak of the season).

Here's the cross-reference according to Pronto.com
Hastings ACF1535
PremiumGuard PC6091
Pronto PC6091
PTC 3753
ACDelco CF182
GM 92184284

Reactions: 037 and Pinetree
1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.