Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a Chevy SS with 1400 miles on it. Looking at PPF.
What did you use?
How is it holding up?
Are you happy with it?
What did it cost and how much did you have done?

Thanks !
Im in Dayton Oh. Let me know if you recommend someone in my neck of the woods.

·
Super Moderator
7,595 Posts
Clear shield pro, pre delivery. Two rock dings, scuffed the ppf not the paint. Holding up great, no discoloration. Nervous about paint fade at a different rate than unprotected areas, no signs as of yet, at least to my eye. Front 12" of hood, mirrors, front bumper, $700 in 2015. Wish it was whole hood, and would also add leading edge of roof...

Edit: and "A" pillars as well.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Expel, 2016 with about 13k on it, went on right after delivery. Still clear, no issues.

To be fair though the SS is a garage queen, no bad weather, doesn’t sit out in the sun. But, against the Colorado rocks used as “sand” still on the roads each spring it has held up well. Should have done the entire hood.

If I had to choose between ceramic to minimize paint maintenance or film to protect against chips, I would go for the film every time. Paint on the SS seems easily prone to chipping...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
422 Posts
My 2014 already had some 3M film when I bought it new. 107K miles later the paint still looks new. No chips or paint discoloration so far.

·
Registered
158 Posts
3M film applied to the car when it was new in 2017 and it shows no sign of fading. I had it done to everything forward of the A pillars and am SO glad i did.

Reactions: wilkin4

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
I had XPel Ultimate put on the whole front end as soon as I got the car home 9/15. No discoloration and I've used wax on it. Haven't noticed paint fade differences either. No rock chips since install. I did take a road gator to the hood at 75mph and it managed to get a small scratch through. I'm guessing the steel belt did it. I've been considering covering the rest of the car. It's nice to not really have to worry about the paint.

·
Registered
2016 Heron White, stick, hole, spare
306 Posts
Xpel ultimate once I got it home 4/2016. Full front end, mirror caps, rocker panels, top side of rear bumper. I found a chip in the film on front edge of the hood that got into the paint. Found another chip at the top of windshield. Ended up doing insurance claim and the xpel replacement was covered under road hazard warranty from installer. Other than that, it's holding up great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts