Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look what I saw the other day!! Proudly on display at the Henry Ford Museum of American Innovation!!!!

LOOK!!! They also have a CB750 on display too!!!!! (That ones for you Bubbala!!!)
:grin

Attachments

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
You pick up the G8? How's it to drive?

·
Premium Member
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You pick up the G8? How's it to drive?
I Love that G8 GT!!!!! It has great road manners!!! Different than our SS's, but of course,,,, very similar in many respects. There are quite a few features that it has, that I wish had made it to our SS's (Locking Gas door,, Glovebox,,,,,) This one was a verified 1 owner car!!! It was sold and serviced at the same dealer, obsessively cared for!!! Every single recall item, and TSB was remediated!!! All routine service performed every 4K miles!!! The ENTIRE service history from day one came with it, along with a set of Conti DWS 06's, with 4K miles on em!!!! Just under 56K miles on it!!!

For $17K,,, we feel like we STOLE IT!!!!!

:devil

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,390 Posts
Cool place ... you could spend a week there.

The 750 is a K1 - 1971

Mine is a 1970 pre-k called K0 but wrong.

Many differences but the seat gives it away before you can blink.

But it is the best color of the three original colors ... Candy Gold.

·
Premium Member
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool place ... you could spend a week there.

The 750 is a K1 - 1971

Mine is a 1970 pre-k called K0 but wrong.

Many differences but the seat gives it away before you can blink.

But it is the best color of the three original colors ... Candy Gold.
I could spend 2 weeks there,,,, if I had the time available!!!

For me,,, the place is DISNEYLAND FOR GEARHEADS!!!!

·
Premium Member
14,390 Posts
I Love that G8 GT!!!!! It has great road manners!!! Different than our SS's, but of course,,,, very similar in many respects. There are quite a few features that it has, that I wish had made it to our SS's (Locking Gas door,, Glovebox,,,,,) This one was a verified 1 owner car!!! It was sold and serviced at the same dealer, obsessively cared for!!! Every single recall item, and TSB was remediated!!! All routine service performed every 4K miles!!! The ENTIRE service history from day one came with it, along with a set of Conti DWS 06's, with 4K miles on em!!!! Just under 56K miles on it!!!

Is that the one from Ohio that I pointed out a few things in my PM???

If it is did you find the unspecified damage listed on the carfax and what about the missing trunk stuff???

Reactions: SilverSport

·
Premium Member
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is that the one from Ohio that I pointed out a few things in my PM???

If it is did you find the unspecified damage listed on the carfax and what about the missing trunk stuff???
Yeah!! The trunk floor was over in the detail shop. The girl that does their web stuff forgot to put it back in before she shot it!!! The "Damage" was not collision damage, but the issue with the front lower control arms and ball joints, that have an active TSB/Recall. The previous owner had an issue with the alignment at 38K, and it was directly related, so the entire front end was rebuilt with the recall parts, and noted as "Damage", on the report.

ALL GOOD!!!!

There is some MINOR surface rust in places, which I will remediate shortly. Not too time critical at this point, since the car lives in New Mexico now!!! It was driven sparingly in inclement weather, and garage kept!! Not even any door dings!!! The dude really loved the car, and his pride of ownership was definitely on display here!!!

·
Premium Member
14,390 Posts
Yeah!! The trunk floor was over in the detail shop. The girl that does their web stuff forgot to put it back in before she shot it!!! The "Damage" was not collision damage, but the issue with the front lower control arms and ball joints, that have an active TSB/Recall. The previous owner had an issue with the alignment at 38K, and it was directly related, so the entire front end was rebuilt with the recall parts, and noted as "Damage", on the report.

ALL GOOD!!!!

There is some MINOR surface rust in places, which I will remediate shortly. Not too time critical at this point, since the car lives in New Mexico now!!! It was driven sparingly in inclement weather, and garage kept!! Not even any door dings!!! The dude really loved the car, and his pride of ownership was definitely on display here!!!

Sweet.

Carfax sucks; they had my '14 listed as 3 owners because the computer counted each yearly registration renewal as a new owner. I got it fixed; but TG I saved the expired registration cards to prove it !!!

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
I was just in there not that long ago and it wasn't there. Must have been put in just a few months ago.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
I went to a wedding there a couple years a go. It was the coolest setting for a wedding, never thought of having one there. I've been there more times than I can count, and still amazed every time I go. Another cool place is next door at Greenfield Village, well worth a days visit.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Reactions: 1Evil55 and wilkin4

·
Premium Member
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Been a while since I posted up here!!

WELLLL today it was announced that there will be a fantastic reason to make the pilgrimage to Dearborn MI,, again!! Of course,, real gearheads never need a reason do they?? ;)

A new feature, sponsored by GM and focused on 100 years of American Race Cars, will open this summer!!! AND,,, its a permanent fixture, including some pretty cool interactive experience, as well as the up close and personal!!!

Again,, thanks to C and D for posting the information!!

I'm searching for an excuse to go there, I think I am gonna have to go back up there and see if I can find that disposable contact lens I lost, while at the museum!!!

?

·
Super Moderator
5,653 Posts

Same color as my old G8GT
z51vett
Doug

1 - 16 of 16 Posts