Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a member for over 3 years when I started looking at the SS. I have several cars and added a 2014 Silver Chevy SS to my collection. It was an easy sale as my little brother sold me his 22 K car to me for a good price on my part I got it for 25K and I am now the third owner.

Its been at the dealer a good amount of time for mostly warranty work, but I think buy now its problems are behind it and I will be taking it on an out of state trip.

My wife is just OK with it so far
wish me luck

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
Congratulations slsgxpgtpman and good luck!

·
Registered
112 Posts
happy motoring!

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
What sort of warranty work? It tells us all what to watch for.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Glad you finally got your SS

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well reading my brothers notes in his (now Mine) Chevy SS logbook . The warranty work consists of

MyLink replaced, replaced alternator, replaced battery, corrected a parasitic voltage drain, replaced AC Compressor, Moonroof switch, interior rattles checked and corrected, wind noised corrected, repaired heated driver seat, corrected a too fast idle condition, corrected an engine surge at around 3000 rpm, replaced power driver seat motor, Electric Pwr steering rack replaced, serviced Stabilitrak, replaced ignition coil which gave a high rpm miss, brake squeal corrected, moonroof adjustment which was not closing all the way.

and his notes gave his mpg averages of city 14.6 mpg, highway 21.4 mpg, and best highway during 300 mile run of 23.3 mpg all using premium fuel.

I think all that is too much, and the law of averages now hoping it will be a good car.

I like driving it in competition mode which firms the steering and feels almost like my CTS V-Sport

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Thanks for posting. That's a stunning list of repairs. I hope it's all fixed and you get a lot of use out of it. It can't be typical or this board would be all whining and cursing. I wonder if it might be infancy problems early in MY14. I have a MY17 with 5K that seems okay except for a big air leak blowing over the front passenger. I haven't taken it to the dealer yet.

I think that a thread for reporting all warranty work would be a good addition here. Or even a thread with all component failures whether in or out of warranty.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Wow, that’s a list. ‘16 with 7k miles, my only issues were a bad front (lane departure) camera and leaky oil filter because “dealer excellence.” Hope all the bugs are worked out and it is smooth sailing for you.

2016 SSB, stick, hole, spare

Reactions: z51vett

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Anyone else trying to work out what his "name" means?

slsgxpgtpman

sls....gxp... gtp... man
sls... gxp... gt... pman

Hmm. :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
That's a lot of warranty work. As far as I know, the recall work was a list of about 5 things. Was the car treated poorly by the 1st owner or your brother? Especially for it to have such low mileage. I'm the 2nd owner of a 2014 with 82K miles (bought 2 years ago @ 51K miles)...Only issue I had was the power steering failure. All recalls have been corrected as well. Solid car.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Welcome and enjoy your new ride!

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
My wife is just OK with it so far
wish me luck
Great to have another SS driver on board!

Wive's tend to be very forgiving if you have some 'points' accumulated. I bought my SS last year without conferring. Surprise! Yikes! Used up all of my 'points' on that one! I find if I keep dropping the idea of something, she will nix it to begin with then bend a bit as time goes on. Taking the SS to the track in Oklahoma is now within possibilities and a Maggie is no longer a 'no way' situation. Just takes time!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's a lot of warranty work. As far as I know, the recall work was a list of about 5 things. Was the car treated poorly by the 1st owner or your brother? Especially for it to have such low mileage. I'm the 2nd owner of a 2014 with 82K miles (bought 2 years ago @ 51K miles)...Only issue I had was the power steering failure. All recalls have been corrected as well. Solid car.
As far as I know it was treated very good. The first owner was a seventy something retired car guy who bought it thinking it might be someday a collectable. It was always garaged and not driven much during the winter months. First owner said it was mostly driven highway from Tacoma area to Oregon and was never tracked. This gentleman sold it after about 6,000 miles when his health was failing and he knew my brother.

Now my brother had it garaged and treated it good, but did test it out in a drag run, and a couple days testing with me and my cousins at a track, and short autocross. ( Cousins have access a few times a year to unofficially run at a test track and they have invited me) My brother bought in late 2015 and put about 16K on it. My brother got a bit tired going to the dealer and then sold it to me after he put new Michelin Pilot sport A/S 3 plus, which seem like very good tires. It also has a dyno tune and a rotofab intake.

My wife is saying I don't need another car and it is too loud. I now own ten cars and several are stored at one of my cousins as he has a 16 car garage and is at another level of a car guy.

my login as slsgxpgtpman is supposed to represent a few of my cars
sls = cadillac Seville sls 2004, gxp is pontiac GP GXP 2007, and GTP are my 2004 Pontiac GP GTP's one is a Comp G version and both have the supercharged V6.

Good I am retired now so I have more time to drive and test cars

Now

·
Registered
2020 GMC Sierra 6.2/10 speed
8 Posts
Welcome! I just replaced the radiator cap (does that count as a mechanical repair?), and three years ago (20k miles ish) had a leak at the AC condenser on a manufacturing defect in the coupling. I did have the steering assist fail while driving on the highway and had it fixed under warranty/recall at like 16k miles. Other than that, its been solid. Now at 68k miles.

I hope your issues are behind you, and no more occur since your brother sold you his.

·
Registered
2014 SS, Heron White, No Sunroof, added OEM spare
3,173 Posts
Well reading my brothers notes in his (now Mine) Chevy SS logbook . The warranty work consists of

MyLink replaced, replaced alternator, replaced battery, corrected a parasitic voltage drain, replaced AC Compressor, Moonroof switch, interior rattles checked and corrected, wind noised corrected, repaired heated driver seat, corrected a too fast idle condition, corrected an engine surge at around 3000 rpm, replaced power driver seat motor, Electric Pwr steering rack replaced, serviced Stabilitrak, replaced ignition coil which gave a high rpm miss, brake squeal corrected, moonroof adjustment which was not closing all the way.

and his notes gave his mpg averages of city 14.6 mpg, highway 21.4 mpg, and best highway during 300 mile run of 23.3 mpg all using premium fuel.

I think all that is too much, and the law of averages now hoping it will be a good car.

I like driving it in competition mode which firms the steering and feels almost like my CTS V-Sport
I can beat that, every single car that I have ever owned, with a warranty, had at least that many repairs, but, I worked at a dealer and fixed every little thing and then some, up until the warranty expired, then, they were all good cars after that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts