Chevy SS Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Condom huh? That's why I turn them inside out..... For my pleasure not hers (LOL)!

Anyway, I ordered the Michelins this morning. Got a call a few hours later and was told the 275's were on back order from Michelin for at least 2 months. The 255's were in stock. But that was only half of the equation. I really needed the rears, because as of last Sunday I had 1/32 tread remaining on those.

So, they did some checking and found the Pilot I have on my SHO were available. BUT, those were in load rating 98Y. So that went out the door. I was on the verge of having them order the Conti's when they did one last check. They found the 4S' were available in 285s for the rears. So they ordered those. All four should be at the store in a couple of days. Lets hope they work out. B.

·
Premium Member
3,038 Posts
My next set will be 255/285. My son has AS3's in those sizes on his 2015 and IMO they fill out the stock, non-lowered wheel well perfectly.

Reactions: bourmb

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
I like both, and have had both on wheels. Currently have 4S on mine, had a set of wheels with the Conti extreme on my wife's briefly.

I like the 4S quite a bit as well as the extreme, but for that price difference I'd go with the 4S. I also have A/S3+ on a Saab my mom drives, and on my G8 GXP on a set of Fifteen52 wheels.

Can't go wrong with either brand.

Reactions: G8a550

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
GOODYEAR
EAGLE EXHILARATE
These tires are more than capable and I would think an excellent choice as well. I have had nothing but compliments to say after purchasing these for my SS. These tires are also manufactured in the USA (if that matters to you) which is a rarity in the tire industry from what I have encountered.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I've been running the Continental DWS06s for the last 100K miles on my 2014 SS. Living in Oregon I need a great wet weather tire. They are a little softer than OEM when you go into a curve hot but I have to push over 1G lateral before I feel the back tires start to complain. I'm getting 50K miles out of the front & 40K miles out of the back tires and I run a 245/285 setup on factory rims.

Last week I installed my 2nd set of Continental DWS06s on my Challenger. Got 54K miles out of the last set running 275/40/20 on all 4. Those tires saw many 1.1+G lateral as I was carving up some of the awesome backroads. I also replaced the garbage Pirelli summer tires that came stock on my Mustang GT with the Continental DWS06s for a much improved driving experience.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
The DWS06's are a different tire than the Extreme contacts correct? B.

Reactions: SilverSport

·
Registered
2017 Chevrolet SS; RH2, 6M, Sunroof, Full-size spare, #53 of 58 built in 2017
689 Posts
My next set will be 255/285. My son has AS3's in those sizes on his 2015 and IMO they fill out the stock, non-lowered wheel well perfectly.
That’s why I like them as they fill out the wheel well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 28 of 28 Posts