Chevy SS Forum banner

361 - 380 of 387 Posts

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I've always had a real yearning for an authentic M-1 Carbine.
Many, many regrets that I didn't acquire one back in the '60s-'70s when they were plentiful and cheap.
Oh, and add a Winchester '94 to the list. Pre-1957 manufacture date, of course.
My dad bought several cases of M1s in the early 50's. He sold them about 5 years ago, and he never told me how much he got them for them, but he gets a gleam in his eye when you mention it to him....

He kept one that is always by his bed, just in case as he says...... :p

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Bless me Forums....It has been 6-weeks since my last pistol purchase. Daddy needs a 1911 stimulus too...lol

Checking pricing and availability now with matching Knife! Magnum Research made in Israel...not sure if getting Government or Commander model as of yet...

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Bless me Forums....It has been 6-weeks since my last pistol purchase. Daddy needs a 1911 stimulus too...lol

Checking pricing and availability now with matching Knife! Magnum Research made in Israel...not sure if getting Government or Commander model as of yet...
Paying all my bills tomorrow. Will count leftover pennies. Going for Government Model with matching Knife. Hopefully by end of year before election can pickup a SoCom 16 CQB. Will buy all my Optics in 2021...lol

·
Registered
190 Posts
Paying all my bills tomorrow. Will count leftover pennies. Going for Government Model with matching Knife. Hopefully by end of year before election can pickup a SoCom 16 CQB. Will buy all my Optics in 2021...lol
I've had a Socom 16 for about 8 years now. Love it. The M1A platform is a beast and tons of fun. They're a bit porky and not as "Lego" customizable as the AR10 platform but every single one I've shot is accurate, built well and reliable. They're a good purchase that will bring lots of enjoyment and hold their value for years to come.

Magnum research is good quality. Almost bought a desert eagle last year.....I just couldn't justify it's lack of practicality and the ergonomics of the pistol were TERRIBLE unless you had hands like Andre the Giant. Curious though, what made you go with them instead of any of the other many many 1911 mfg's out there?

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I've had a Socom 16 for about 8 years now. Love it. The M1A platform is a beast and tons of fun. They're a bit porky and not as "Lego" customizable as the AR10 platform but every single one I've shot is accurate, built well and reliable. They're a good purchase that will bring lots of enjoyment and hold their value for years to come.

Magnum research is good quality. Almost bought a desert eagle last year.....I just couldn't justify it's lack of practicality and the ergonomics of the pistol were TERRIBLE unless you had hands like Andre the Giant. Curious though, what made you go with them instead of any of the other many many 1911 mfg's out there?
Owned a Baby Desert Eagle last 15-years. Very accurate.

Liked the Kimber model my buddy owned. At the range I shot tight groups with it much better than my Glock 23 paperweight...lol Could not afford Kimber price because at the time was buying Diapers, a WRX sedan then a 2003 Silverado SS pickup before my 2004 LS1 GTO Re-Education.

Recently held Magnum Research 1911 in my hands and was seduced by its 3lbs trigger. Gun Shop is on my way home from Protein Shake Shop Essential Lunch pitstop...same gun store that gave me deal on SIG320 chambered for 40 S&W to replace Glock 23.

Besides sweet trigger DE1911G comes with a lot of custom features...tried to purchase it with matching Knife last two days from everyone on gun.deals but sold out throughout USA and on backorder. Bought pistol by itself this morning online from Arizona outfit for $709. Will get knife later next few months separately for $62.

Last weapon on Bucket List is Socom 16. Have room for them all in back of AMG Wagon when it shows up later this Winter hopefully.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Owned a Baby Desert Eagle last 15-years. Very accurate.

Liked the Kimber model my buddy owned. At the range I shot tight groups with it much better than my Glock 23 paperweight...lol Could not afford Kimber price because at the time was buying Diapers, a WRX sedan then a 2003 Silverado SS pickup before my 2004 LS1 GTO Re-Education.

Recently held Magnum Research 1911 in my hands and was seduced by its 3lbs trigger. Gun Shop is on my way home from Protein Shake Shop Essential Lunch pitstop...same gun store that gave me deal on SIG320 chambered for 40 S&W to replace Glock 23.

Besides sweet trigger DE1911G comes with a lot of custom features...tried to purchase it with matching Knife last two days from everyone on gun.deals but sold out throughout USA and on backorder. Bought pistol by itself this morning online from Arizona outfit for $709. Will get knife later next few months separately for $62.

Last weapon on Bucket List is Socom 16. Have room for them all in back of AMG Wagon when it shows up later this Winter hopefully.
All good reasons. Was just curious. Stoked for your purchase. You're gonna love the M1A.

Anxious to hear your review on it once you get some trigger time on it. The fit and finish on the full size Desert Eagle I was drooling over was pretty damn good. Came with both 44mag and 50AE barrels. Was just so cartoonish I couldn't justify it...that and keeping it fed wouldn't have been cheap. I know I've been super impressed from my recent, and first, 1911 purchase (chronicled early in this thread). Good luck with yours!

I still have quite a few more "bucket list" pew pew purchases left to make. Not that my current collection is lacking...I've just got a big "bucket" to fill. :p ;)

We'll see how the rest of the year goes but I'd like to build a long range rifle on a custom chassis. Just doing the math and exploring different cartridges before I "pull the trigger". Torn between .338LM and .300WM. Would love to do a .416 Barrett/.408 or .375 CheyTac but I'm not that much of a baller to afford it's ammo consumption. I can build a very nice setup in .338 and a bunch of ammo for about 2/3 the cost of the rifle in the other calibers.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I'm pretty new to Long Guns, just had Remington 12-gauge and PS90 carbine last decade+. Since you have 308 already I would go with the 338 next to reach out and touch those metal targets downrange. The ballistics of the 6.5 Creedmoor and 300WM are pretty nice though for future bolt action additions to your collection.

For 2021 might spend winter months in Tampa area with buddy who retired in SoCal before me @Raytheon. He has a boat for competitive fishing and access to land for hunting. Plus he purchased my 2009 G8 GT in July 2015.

·
Registered
917 Posts
My M1A Scout Squad is one of my favorites. A bit more barrel than the Socom. Lots of .308 ammo available compared to some of the more exotic calibers mentioned above.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Canik TP9SA Mod 2 might be a good inexpensive Carry Pistol. Turkish clone of Walther P99 with Match Grade Barrel and other military type features. Holster is included in box. My local dealer has it for $313.

·
Super Moderator
5,815 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,670 Posts
One of each in my holster at all times now. Look forward to the day when I can leave the mask out of rotation.

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,815 Posts
Newest addition to the family. Wife saw a presidential poll while I was on a run, I came home and she told me that it rained while I was gone...

·
Registered
1,272 Posts

Arrived just in time...going to Range Thursday. Tonight will celebrate @Taco Tuesday...any excuse to eat!
20200602_151751.jpg

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
361 - 380 of 387 Posts