Chevy SS Forum banner

321 - 340 of 377 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
My latest addition to the family: Steyr M40 A1 (40 S&W). Still sitting in purgatory; I'm anxiously awaiting it's release.

Nice .40 Beauh...instead of modding my early gen Glock 23 trigger and procuring a Tungsten Guide Rod might just trade it for a Steyr. Easier takedown, key lock, more positive grip, and unique sights. Just been shooting .45 and 9mm last 20-years...

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
I finally bought a gun safe, had a good sale at BassPro Shops....

Tired of going without. My sons girlfriend has a 10 year old son, and not that they visit that often, just need to be safe. Less for me to worry about.....

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
i dont unnerstan why anyone needs a machine gun
No one needs a 415HP car that can exceed every legal speed limit in the country.
Machine guns are super fun. Everyone who shoots one has a big grin. Touring Vietnam, the Krakatollah shot a M16. The woman who never curses simply said "D*mn" when I asked her how it was. She wanted to shoot more.
BTW, legally owned machine guns are not used in crimes. Never. Zero recorded incidents. It's a rich man's game. So what's your issue with ownership?
In fairness, tell us why you need an 8-cylinder 415HP engine in a car that can accelerate from 0-60 in a deadly 4.6seconds? No one needs one.

·
Registered
801 Posts
i dont unnerstan why anyone needs a machine gun
No one needs a 415HP car that can exceed every legal speed limit in the country.
Machine guns are super fun. Everyone who shoots one has a big grin. Touring Vietnam, the Krakatollah shot a M16. The woman who never curses simply said "D*mn" when I asked her how it was. She wanted to shoot more.
BTW, legally owned machine guns are not used in crimes. Never. Zero recorded incidents. It's a rich man's game. So what's your issue with ownership?
In fairness, tell us why you need an 8-cylinder 415HP engine in a car that can accelerate from 0-60 in a deadly 4.6seconds? No one needs one.
I have no issues with full auto legal ownership at all, and I have enjoyed a LOT of full auto fun.....but legal full auto weapons have been used in 2 or 3 murders since 1934. Easy to research and verify. Not a common thing at all.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Followed outside crowd protocols and spent 3-hours at Range with newly purchased M17. Trigger action is impressive, was dead nutts in azimuth and once adjusted front sight slightly higher than rears consistently grouped within first circle and bulleye. Shot my buddy's Uzi Pro with Red Dot at 30-yards for a bullseye then immediately gave it back to keep perfect score after initial shot..lol

Free HBO this weekend; binge watching first two seasons of West World before Season 3 Premiere Sunday Night. Might skip 8am Mass in morning...

5399.jpeg

IMG_20200222_1357284_rewind.jpg

·
Super Moderator
5,815 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
I like this idea!
I haven't done a ton of online shopping for guns and ammo but I have used the following with good results:
MidwayUSA - Shop Shooting, Hunting, & Outdoor Products
Gun Deals | Discount Ammo | Firearm Parts & Accessories - Cheaper Than Dirt
You end up getting a LOT of emails from them though...

I've purchased online but only done in-store pickups from SGCUSA - Online guns and firearms accessories - SGCUSA so I can't speak to shipping.
CTD is well known for attempts at price gouging. I choose not to do business with them and stopped buying from CTD 20 years ago. Slimeballs like that will never again get my business.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Ammo getting hard to get. I'm covered except for recent 6.5 Creedmoor Acquisition. Will breakout 5.7 X 28 -mm Stargate and West World Carbine in a pinch

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Ammo getting hard to get. I'm covered except for recent 6.5 Creedmoor Acquisition. Will breakout 5.7 X 28 -mm Stargate and West World Carbine in a pinch
I realized this morning I hadn't restocked after my last range day. You're not kidding! I may have to dust off the reloading equipment.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Went to buy some 9mm range ammo at Shop off beaten path this morning after scoring some TP for seniors from Dollar General. Came out with 50-rounds of Winchester and a SIG P320F X-series w/nightsights chambered for 40 S&W...owner sweetened the deal with military discount.

Can convert later to 357 SIG or 9mm. Found out that our excellent Range just off I-10W is closed now until further notice. Wish my AMG wagon is produced for 2020 and shelter in place is finished so can start making Car Payments again...lol

Not showing anymore pics...

·
Registered
801 Posts
So the LA County Sheriff closed gun shops over safety concerns about “first time gun buyers”. Certainly an unconstitutional act...
But aren’t we all “first time gun owners” at some point? I was at about 10 years of age.
I pray that the LA Sheriff closes the DMV to protect Californians from first time drivers.

·
Registered
637 Posts
My recommendations to any new owners (and it looks like there may be some newer ones put there now) are:

-get some training; range or friend, but something. And don't stop.

-find a few good on line resources to keep up your skills. I like ASP (Active Self Protection – Attitude | Skills | Plan they are on YouTube and FB also. In VA, VCDL (Virginia Citizens Defense League - Home) is also awesome. And GOA is not state specific (Gun Owners of America | The only no compromise gun lobby in Washington)

The specific tools are AWESOME! And fun! And it's skill with them that makes the tool useful.

On that note, VP9 (love it!) probably needs a visit. :)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

321 - 340 of 377 Posts