Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 377 Posts

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, being that we've been talking about a lack of new Topics/Threads, I thought I'd start one and share a website I came across which has some really good deals for handguns, rifles & shotguns, along with some sites I've come across for ammo & accessories. I've seen posts in the past about many of us who enjoy these kinds of things and just wanted to have a place to share good deals and sales, and maybe learn a thing or two. My intention was to start this Thread in the Lounge Section so if I've managed to mess that up, or if the Mods don't want this discussed on the Forum, please either move it or shut it down. I just wanted it to be a place where we can ask questions of one another, and have a place to share ways of saving money for supplies. I don't get anything out of it in case anyone is wondering.

So, the website I've come across has some awesome deals, and if you don't live in Florida (stinks for me), you don't have to pay sales tax or shipping on new firearms. On accessories like optics, magazines, holsters, or anything else, you do have to pay shipping. Here's the site:

https://www.gunbuyer.com/

You can sign up for their newsletters, request to get an email when an out-of-stock item comes back in stock and so on. They sell pretty much everything and even some things the manufacturers don't have or sell on their own sites. It really is cool. And for Florida residents, they have a "sister-store" called the Florida Gun Exchange in Ormond Beach which is a massive store, although I haven't been there yet. You can check that out online as well.

For ammunition, I've found a few good sites but you have to shop the prices and be weary of the shipping charges on some. Also, you can sign up for emails for when they're having sales.

www.bulkammo.com

www.ammunitionstore.com

www.ammunitiondepot.com

www.ammoforsale.com

I'm always on the lookout for specials and sales, and the above sites are some of the ones I've used in the past. Also, every now and again you can use coupon codes for even more discounts but those can be tough to come by.

It's an expensive hobby and I hope this can help others find some good deals for things they're looking for, and that this Thread grows into a place where members can share other websites they've used and saved money so others can too. It's meant to be a friendly atmosphere, but like I said, if the Mods don't approve, by all means close it down because I DO NOT want to start any problems. A year ago, I wouldn't have dreamed of starting a Thread like this, but being that we are where we are today, I thought maybe why not. And of course no one has to visit it if they don't want to. But once again, my first concern is for maintaining the integrity of the forum we all like so much, so please, Moderators, close this down immediately if you think it's wrong to start it. No explanation required or worries of hurt feelings or any of that nonsense. Just simply close it. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
529 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,652 Posts
Speaking only for myself -- I have no problem with this topic so long as it doesn't morph into a "who I'm gonna take down" venue. That won't fly now just as in the past. Members have been shown the door for making such statements.

As it relates to this topic -- I'm an LTC holder and carry concealed regularly. That would be mean a SD weapon is within reach around the clock.

Here's hoping this thread and it's companions can remain on-topic and survive.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I always start at ammoengine.com for ammo. It gives a quick listing of what each site is selling for by the piece cost. Buds has deals on long guns regularly as does Palmetto State Armory. I've build a few AR's from PSA. They are supposed to be releasing an MP5 clone this year. Cash is in hand for one.

·
Premium Member
734 Posts

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I keep toying with the idea of getting a new 12 gauge and can't decide between the Mossberg 500 and 590. Anyone have either or any thoughts about either one? Was looking at Mossberg 50567 in particular. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
The Mossys are good shotties at a good price. Can't pimp them out like an 870, but that's not necessary for getting the job done.
Besides, in the Southeast, if you have duct tape you don't need no stinkin expensive accessories:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
SS owners with no sun roof should look at getting one of these (first pic) as an accessory. Refer to tailgater thread.
Those with more spare change may want to accessorize their ride like this owner seen at a C&C (second pic).

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,815 Posts
Speaking only for myself -- I have no problem with this topic so long as it doesn't morph into a "who I'm gonna take down" venue. That won't fly now just as in the past. Members have been shown the door for making such statements.

As it relates to this topic -- I'm an LTC holder and carry concealed regularly. That would be mean a SD weapon is within reach around the clock.

Here's hoping this thread and it's companions can remain on-topic and survive.
I agree with @Pinetree. I'm all for new subject matter and hope that everyone can share constructively. I do hope that this doesn't turn into a pro vs anti thread, or a "those people are trying to take our guns" thread. If that happens, I'll shut it down with no warning and no reservations.
Guns. The wife and I both carry Sig Sauer P320's, hers being a 9mm compact and mine being a .40 full size.
Ammo. I've never ordered ammo online, but I need to in order to save money. I usually purchase at Scheels or Mills Fleet Farm, depending on any sales going on. I prefer American Eagle (Federal) 180 grain FMJ for target practice. Seems pretty clean compared to many. I also carry with Federal, .40 HST JHP, also 180 grain.
Accessories are very few. I have a trigger guard (my safety), and an Alien Gear gun belt(my holster). I've an OWB leather holster as well, but people get all freaked out so I usually carry concealed.

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
I keep toying with the idea of getting a new 12 gauge and can't decide between the Mossberg 500 and 590. Anyone have either or any thoughts about either one? Was looking at Mossberg 50567 in particular. Thanks.
I like my Winchester 1200 Defender in 12 gauge. I shoots great and works every time no matter how many dust bunnies have collected on it wherever it may reside for a time. The barrel and tube are about equal length and it balances good for me. Six plus one in the pipe, all #4 buck, and I'm ready to rock with a host of 25 cal lead balls. Mossbergs are great and I doubt you will go wrong with either. It just comes down to what feels right when you hold them in my book.

My normal house gun is a 45 ACP Ed Brown Special Forces 1911 anyway and the shotgun is there for critters that 9 rounds of 240Gr +P Winchester Ranger T Series won't stop. I doubt that critter, whatever it may be, will ever just wander into my house in Houston and several well placed 240Gr Ranger Talons will definitely suffice for most any reasonably unreasonable critter. Suffice to say, I like big holes.

·
Premium Member
1,816 Posts
NEITHER,,,, and I own a 500!!!! Go with the Remmington!!!!! Mossbergs usually need some tweaking on the extractor to keep that last shell or two from mis feeding!!!!

Just my $0.02

:wink

·
Premium Member
1,816 Posts
OH!! And California Sucks Cuz.....

You cannot buy Ammo online and have it delivered to your door!!! It has to be delivered to an FFL Dealer, and then the sale reported after they charge a processing fee of course!!!!

Gets even worse 7/1/19 cuz NOW,,,, EVERY SINGLE BOX OF AMMO WILL BE SUBJECT TO THE SAME REPORTING AND HOLD AS A REGULAR HANDGUN PURCHASE!!!!! 10 DAY HOLD!!!

ANDDDDD!!!! You will have to fill out a form and process seperatly,,,,, EACH INDIVIDUAL BOX!!!!

FUN HUH!!!!

:devil

·
Registered
64 Posts
Another site if looking for some good pricing / deals is: https://gun.deals/ That is usually where I start to check for anything I am looking for just in case it is on sale at a dealer / site that I am not familiar with.

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks to @Pinetree and @15SuperSport for letting the Thread happen. And yes yes yes, the instant it turns stupid, close it down. Hopefully it doesn't.
@15SuperSport I always ammo in bulk online. Depending on which caliber, usually between 500 and 1000 rounds at a time. Much cheaper per round that way. For the range I prefer Federal, Winchester White Box and Blazer Brass. When you buy in bulk you will definitely save money on a per round basis. For carry ammo I buy in smaller quantities when I need to get over a threshold for free shipping or when I'm rotating inventory. Personally I like the Federal Premium HST hollow points. I buy range ammo in bulk because my kids and I thoroughly enjoy going to the range and it's nothing for us to blast off 500 rounds or more each trip. Lots of fun for sure and one can never train enough. What really makes me happy is that my daughters love to go too. It's a given with my son, and the funny part is that all three can shoot remarkably well. Little monkeys are good at everything they do. I'm blessed with them, no doubt.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Food for thought for those having .40S&W chambered handguns. For a whole host of reasons a lot of law enforcement agencies are going away from the .40 S&W round. I don't want to start a discussion on why this is happening, but it is. The good news in this matter is that .40 S&W ammunition will probably be a bit cheaper in the future than it has been. Keep your eyes open if you want some deals in the not to distant future. I buy a lot of my ammunition from Target Sports USA. They are great people to deal with. Sometimes ammunition retailers like Target Sports USA, Brownells and Midway have special sales on ammunition and they don't charge a Haz Mat fee for shipping. You just have to keep an eye on their websites.

Rick H.

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I like my Winchester 1200 Defender in 12 gauge. I shoots great and works every time no matter how many dust bunnies have collected on it wherever it may reside for a time. The barrel and tube are about equal length and it balances good for me. Six plus one in the pipe, all #4 buck, and I'm ready to rock with a host of 25 cal lead balls. Mossbergs are great and I doubt you will go wrong with either. It just comes down to what feels right when you hold them in my book.
Thanks @NativH. I'll look into it.

·
Premium Member
1,816 Posts
You cannot buy Ammo online and have it delivered to your door!!! It has to be delivered to an FFL Dealer, and then the sale reported after they charge a processing fee of course!!!!

Gets even worse 7/1/19 cuz NOW,,,, EVERY SINGLE BOX OF AMMO WILL BE SUBJECT TO THE SAME REPORTING AND HOLD AS A REGULAR HANDGUN PURCHASE!!!!! 10 DAY HOLD!!!

ANDDDDD!!!! You will have to fill out a form and process seperatly,,,,, EACH INDIVIDUAL BOX!!!!

FUN HUH!!!!

:devil
OH and one more continuing thought or so!!!

SOOOO you wanna come and HUNT in California!!!!! HA HA!!!! Its illegal to import ammo here!!! Via a Vis,,,, you MUST purchase it here!!! OH you can bring your long weapons,,,, BUT,,, Leave the ammo home,,,, Ya gotta buy it here,,, cuz,,,, driving in to the state with it,,, IS an arrest-able offense,,, effective 1/1/2018!!!!

SOOO you book a hunting trip, and technically,,, I suppose,,, its SOON gonna be impossible to purchase ammo,,,, CUZ YOU AIN'T A CALIZUELA CITIZEN!!! Only locals can buy the brass,,,, and that will take 10 days or more,,, before you can pick it up!!!

Thanks to Moonbeam and Prop 63!!!!

:frown

1 - 20 of 377 Posts