Chevy SS Forum banner
41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
And thanks for the warm welcome too.

I tried to post Photobucket links and for that i need more posts.

The only issue i have come across so far is that the Air Temp (on the app) is reading considerable higher than actual for some reason. I believe i can create custom PID's that may fix this - but i'll have to do some reading before i get comfortable with this.

Pretty sure this is a generic PID - not the GM PID from the list.
The GM one actually shows no data.

More research required !

Incidentally - i bought the V Gate WiFi ODB device and it works very well - with one slight issue.

I cannot remote start the car with the device left plugged in when it has gone into sleep mode (after 30 mins it goes to sleep apparently).

Strange !

Anyway - some great info in this thread.

Thanks all.

·
Super Moderator
14,675 Posts
Welcome to the forum ddr1958!

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
I recently picked up an OBDlink MX and am using it in conjunction with the Torque Pro app via bluetooth. This thing is awesome! So much to learn, but I've got some of the basics figured out. I've added the GM-specific PIDs as noted in this thread.

I'm mostly watching the fuel trims, timing and knock currently to get an idea how the engine is running, What other displays should I be watching? Oil pressure/temp? AIT?

·
Registered
4,357 Posts
Here is what I keep track of. The oil temp flashes at me until the oil is warm enough to use boost. The coolant, oil temp, oil pressure, trans temp and catalyst temp will flash at me if they violate thresholds I have set. All the data is logged if I am running the app and monitoring.

I really wish our cars had factory wide band O2. My 10 year old winter beater suzuki 4 banger has a factory wide band in it I can get AFR via OBD2.

On another page in the app, I monitor OBD2 errors, OBD2 readiness monitors for the current drive cycle and overall readiness to emissions test. Not shown here.

Attachments

·
Registered
703 Posts
Here is what I keep track of. The oil temp flashes at me until the oil is warm enough to use boost. The coolant, oil temp, oil pressure, trans temp and catalyst temp will flash at me if they violate thresholds I have set. All the data is logged if I am running the app and monitoring.

I really wish our cars had factory wide band O2. My 10 year old winter beater suzuki 4 banger has a factory wide band in it I can get AFR via OBD2.

On another page in the app, I monitor OBD2 errors, OBD2 readiness monitors for the current drive cycle and overall readiness to emissions test. Not shown here.

I like it, nice use of tech there..

Reactions: nothingtoseehere

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Any reason you're not watching LTFTs? Also, what is the ACHSPres? When datalogging, does it log data on all pages, or just the displayed page? Sorry for all the questions.

·
Registered
4,357 Posts
Any reason you're not watching LTFTs? Also, what is the ACHSPres? When datalogging, does it log data on all pages, or just the displayed page? Sorry for all the questions.
No, not really. ACHSPres is the Air conditioning high side pressure. It lets me know when the AC compressor is on. In my SS I have found the compressor will still run in automatic mode when the AC is turned off. I probably don't really need that one most of the time. I play around with the little gauges between the big ones. I have a few more on another page and drag them over to the main display when I want them in view with the rest.

IIRC, data logging is setup separately from the display.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Does anyone have the PIDs to track torque management?

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Since I just went through the set up process, I'm posting instructions that work as of August, 2018.

If you want access to your car's:
  • Oil temperature
  • Oil pressure
  • Transmission temperature
  • Coolant temperature
  • And many many more...

Do the following:
  1. Buy the BAFX OBDII Reader (for Android devices)
  2. Download Torque Pro from the Google Play store
  3. Plug in the BAFX below the steering wheel
  4. Turn on your car
  5. Open your phone's bluetooth settings and pair with the BAFX (pairing code: 1234)
  6. Open the Torque Pro app on your Android Phone
  7. On the home screen, click the settings icon in the bottom left
  8. Then choose the "Settings" right above "Vehicle Profile"
  9. Select "Manage extra PIDs/Sensors"
  10. Click the 3 buttons in the top right of the screen and choose "Add predefined set"
  11. Choose Pontiac / GM / Open / Vauxhall

While everyone in this thread has already shared the correct PIDs for Oil Temp, Trans Temp, etc, this option will pre-load every standard code for GM vehicles.

Now when you go to "Add Display", all of the GM PIDs are pre-populated. No need to come back to this thread to figure out what the PID is for the main things you want access to.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
61 Posts

Looks good, would you mind exporting your profile so we could use it?

41 - 60 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.