1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
The missing late 15’s and early 16’s with the gel but no epoxy.... I assume.

Great now I have to find a dealership that I trust to do the work. That’s not going to happen.

·
Registered
884 Posts
So my MY 16 car has a steering rack with a part # which the original recall said “needs to be replaced”...yet my car was NOT on the recall.

So those like me don’t have “the gold connectors“ and they are talking about us?

·
Premium Member
14,522 Posts
Another light weight article.

Read the real documents:

NOTE THIS:

Recalled Component Part Number:

Another "Gold plated terminal" inspection and looking at the motor part number instead of the rack part number by dealer techs ???

The installed rack part number rules. Not looking at the terminals.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
It is all speculation until the recall notices go out but I'd bet my Thanksgiving dinner that roughly 476 late 15/early 16 owners who were excluded from the previous recall get notices this time. The language used in the real documents has a CYA slant to deflect from the fact that the decision to exclude those cars was purely financial -- and the wrong one.

·
Premium Member
14,522 Posts
You can check your recall status here:

Note well that the status will not change until the recall notification letters go out.

This will most likely not be until after the New Year ... Holidays and everyone using up their use or loose vacation time accumulated.

"Hurry up and wait" ... patiently ....

·
Premium Member
14,522 Posts
It is all speculation until the recall notices go out but I'd bet my Thanksgiving dinner that roughly 476 late 15/early 16 owners who were excluded from the previous recall get notices this time. The language used in the real documents has a CYA slant to deflect from the fact that the decision to exclude those cars was purely financial -- and the wrong one.

The decision was NOT financial.

Period. Full stop.

It was due to the non-sequential VINS combined with the urine poor data from Holden that had to be manually compiled since Holden and GM US computer systems were incompatible and could not 'talk' to each other. This was also the reason for the '15 misbuilds.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
The decision was NOT financial.

Period. Full stop.

It was due to the non-sequential VINS combined with the urine poor data from Holden that had to be manually compiled since Holden and GM US computer systems were incompatible and could not 'talk' to each other. This was also the reason for the '15 misbuilds.
I don't believe it. They had failures on record for 14/15's; and failures on record for later 16's with the Nyogel & epoxied connector. GM thought they could get away with not recalling the 15/16's with the Nyogel-only infused connector because none had failed at the time of the recall. Purely financial decision. Some of those 15/16's are now starting to fail so CYA time.

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Peachy so my car was built on 12/17/15 and I guess I’ll be getting a notice for this...

·
Premium Member
14,522 Posts
I don't believe it. They had failures on record for 14/15's; and failures on record for later 16's with the Nyogel & epoxied connector. GM thought they could get away with not recalling the 15/16's with the Nyogel-only infused connector because none had failed at the time of the recall. Purely financial decision. Some of those 15/16's are now starting to fail so CYA time.
... believe what you will.

I know :hidesbehindsofa:

Reactions: Slizzo and Headrat

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
CB750,
I never had the recall done on my '14 because of the terrible experience I had with that recall on my '15. Now I have a different dealer that has demonstrated much more competence. In your experience, what would be the case with heavy mods, for instance I even have a custom tubular front subframe now. Will they still do it?

·
Registered
85 Posts
We also have to wait for the parts to be available!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
14,522 Posts
CB750,
I never had the recall done on my '14 because of the terrible experience I had with that recall on my '15. Now I have a different dealer that has demonstrated much more competence. In your experience, what would be the case with heavy mods, for instance I even have a custom tubular front subframe now. Will they still do it?
pics.

Up to dealer. Should be OK since it is a recall. Might be pushing your luck waiting too long though.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
I’m in the “gap” as well. Having not had any problems, I’m not anxious to have the dealer tear into a perfectly functioning car to fix something that might not break. I don’t put a lot of miles on the car so it could be years before I have a problem, if ever.

Any possibility to talk the dealer/GM into giving me the part and me eating the labor if I ever need it installed???? I’m guessing not since it is theoretically a safety-related recall.

I haven’t had the seat belt recall done either for the above reasons...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 60 Posts