Chevy SS Forum banner

North Carolina spottings

6K views 36 replies 11 participants last post by  WYT_LION 
#1 · (Edited)
Seen quite a few lately, memorably,

North of High Point, NC I was headed to Belew's Creek on 68 I spotted a heron white Holden badged car probably a 14/15 with aftermarket rims with a different offset. That was yesterday afternoon. Might have had roof racks I can't remember.

While I'm not sure you could consider this a spotting,,, I saw a very clean PBM 2015 with Holden badges and the commodore model badges at RPM motor sports at 40/42. Wanted to run in and see whose it was but I was just riding around and didn't have time.

Also spotted a 16/17 chebby badged Heron white on Covered bridge in Clayton, NC. Might even be the car I looked at in Wendell before I bought the one I did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 ·
The HW on Covered Bridge is just north of me (he's a forum member), I'm right in the same area. I spotted a '17 NGM in Knightdale Friday, I was in my car for once and waved but he didn't see me.

Reactions: z51vett
#5 ·
I still haven't seen the majority of the colors, HW, PBM, Red, Slipstream, silver? are all that I've seen in person. I'd like to see that NGM almost went to Wilson to look at one before I bought mine.

#9 ·
There's a great Cars & Coffee in Greensboro! And our local ones in Morrisville and Wake Forest ;-)

#12 ·
On 9-16 there was a white one parked in Banner Elk, it's owner was attending a wedding and the following day 9-17 the driver of a perfect blue and I each gave the other a big thumbs up (I was driving my NGM) before we went opposite directions on I-40 in Morganton...

Sent from my SM-N920R7 using Tapatalk

#15 ·
Passed a blue Holden-badged SS with roof rack on 66 in Kernersville this afternoon. Pretty sure it was blacked out and tinted as well since it looked darker than usual. Spotted it a good distance away but wasn't sure it was an SS until it got closer because of the roof rack (kinda ironic since I've also got a roof rack). Anybody here?

#18 ·
Hey Jason
Pretty sure I met the owners at last weeks C&C in Greensboro. Dont remember woman's name but her husband introduced himself as Nick.
I sat next to and conversed all morning with a guy who owned a 99 Corvette. All tricked out, customer engine, HUGE blower, etc.... Get this 1185HP! 8.67 sec 1/4 mile. Now that's movin.
Bill

#19 ·
Haven't updated this in a while only because I've spent the majority of time I'm not working in Mooresville, NC away from home in Raleigh.

Mooresville for those not in the know is known for being racing country. SSs, G8s, and GTOs are plenty here. You would think Holden was a brand sold continuously for the last two decades, truly an awesome place to be.

Well I saw something yesterday that was truly noteworthy. A white Holden Ute (GTO generation, VZ?). Have to say I freaked (geeked?) out a little, makes me want a VE/VF Ute badly.

#21 ·
I'm in western North Carolina, and despite keeping an eye out on several road trips, every SS sighting has been in this area.
I passed a blue Ute here a few months ago. A great looking car in person--should have followed it back into town to ask where it came from (thought maybe a LHD conversion from Colorado).

#20 ·
A Ute in this area? Even Bigfoot would be surprised!

#25 ·
Only people in the country I’ve heard of that do the conversion is Lefthandutes.com, and they’re on Colorado. Interesting.

#29 ·
I've seen SS and G8s pretty regularly around here.

I've seen a gent in a black 15, it looked like a few times. One such time I was passing through an intersection and whomever was at the red of the cross street. We both noticed each other's cars and did the wave.

I do see quite a few Caprice PPVs around as well, and always wonder if the drivers realize my SS is family.

#30 ·
About mid last week I was in Wake Forest turning into a business park when a SSB drove by and honked at me, I noticed you in my rear view a little before you passed me

And then on Saturday in Mooresville NC, I saw a gray 2017 with Holden badges and aftermarket rims, couple miles down the same road later I saw a black SS with Chevy badges.

Yesterday I saw a red SS at an auto repair store beside Randy Marion Chevrolet, last 3 times I was in my H2, so no good waves.

#32 ·
Spotted a black (maybe RPG) 2016/2017 in Kernersville Saturday morning over off Salisbury St./Union Cross Rd. Also spotted a white G8 GXP the evening before in Greensboro, and both times I was driving my FJ... Figures.

#34 ·
Parked near a HW ‘17 at Waverly Place in Cary last week. Highlight of my day until the food poisoning kicked in :eek::dizzy::blowup::shithappens:

#36 ·
Saw a black SS with Holden badges on US321 in Gastonia, NC yesterday (Feb 20,2021).
It was headed north, I was headed south I couldn't tell what year it was.

I've had my SS for just over a year and that's the first one I've seen in this area. Got a little excited, weird huh?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.