Chevy SS Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Haven't updated this in a while only because I've spent the majority of time I'm not working in Mooresville, NC away from home in Raleigh.

Mooresville for those not in the know is known for being racing country. SSs, G8s, and GTOs are plenty here. You would think Holden was a brand sold continuously for the last two decades, truly an awesome place to be.

Well I saw something yesterday that was truly noteworthy. A white Holden Ute (GTO generation, VZ?). Have to say I freaked (geeked?) out a little, makes me want a VE/VF Ute badly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm in western North Carolina, and despite keeping an eye out on several road trips, every SS sighting has been in this area.
I passed a blue Ute here a few months ago. A great looking car in person--should have followed it back into town to ask where it came from (thought maybe a LHD conversion from Colorado).

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
There's actually a guy in Charlotte that does LHD conversions on Utes and wagons, I saw his Facebook a while back. Possibly came from him?

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
I don't understand how I only have SS sightings when I'm driving my Toyota. I drive it 2k a year compared to 20k a year in the SS, yet I'm always in the Toyota when I spot an SS.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Well I was in my Hummer when I passed the Ute so I couldn't do a Holden-Holden wave. But I know what you mean, I seem to see a lot of Holden's when I'm not driving my SS.

·
Premium Member
7,079 Posts
There's actually a guy in Charlotte that does LHD conversions on Utes and wagons, I saw his Facebook a while back. Possibly came from him?

Only people in the country I’ve heard of that do the conversion is Lefthandutes.com, and they’re on Colorado. Interesting.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Here we go, I think this is it.

https://m.facebook.com/HoldenImports/

I don't use Facebook so I can't see the whole page but I'm fairly certain last time I looked at it (scrolling down pictures) that they had built a couple for some customers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here we go, I think this is it.

I don't use Facebook so I can't see the whole page but I'm fairly certain last time I looked at it (scrolling down pictures) that they had built a couple for some customers.

Interesting that NC is such a Holden-friendly state. There's a police department here with a fleet of Caprice SSVs.

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Had a black 16/17 pull in behind me going into Friendly Center in Greensboro this evening. It was one of the rare spottings for me where I was actually in the SS!

·
Registered
264 Posts
I've seen SS and G8s pretty regularly around here.

I've seen a gent in a black 15, it looked like a few times. One such time I was passing through an intersection and whomever was at the red of the cross street. We both noticed each other's cars and did the wave.

I do see quite a few Caprice PPVs around as well, and always wonder if the drivers realize my SS is family.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
About mid last week I was in Wake Forest turning into a business park when a SSB drove by and honked at me, I noticed you in my rear view a little before you passed me

And then on Saturday in Mooresville NC, I saw a gray 2017 with Holden badges and aftermarket rims, couple miles down the same road later I saw a black SS with Chevy badges.

Yesterday I saw a red SS at an auto repair store beside Randy Marion Chevrolet, last 3 times I was in my H2, so no good waves.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Also this happened several months back but I was pulled over in one of my trucks by a Caprice, I tried talking about his car, may have helped since I just got a warning

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Spotted a black (maybe RPG) 2016/2017 in Kernersville Saturday morning over off Salisbury St./Union Cross Rd. Also spotted a white G8 GXP the evening before in Greensboro, and both times I was driving my FJ... Figures.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Went in a weekend trip and saw two, an orange on top of a semi car transporter, and the second was a darker car that followed me out of Mumford and Sons concert at PNC Arena in Raliegh.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,079 Posts
Parked near a HW ‘17 at Waverly Place in Cary last week. Highlight of my day until the food poisoning kicked in :eek::dizzy::blowup::shithappens:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Spotted an HW with Holden Badges exiting the interstate this morning about 720 in Greensboro.

·
Registered
2017, Silver, full spare, auto
10 Posts
Saw a black SS with Holden badges on US321 in Gastonia, NC yesterday (Feb 20,2021).
It was headed north, I was headed south I couldn't tell what year it was.

I've had my SS for just over a year and that's the first one I've seen in this area. Got a little excited, weird huh?

21 - 36 of 36 Posts