Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Seen quite a few lately, memorably,

North of High Point, NC I was headed to Belew's Creek on 68 I spotted a heron white Holden badged car probably a 14/15 with aftermarket rims with a different offset. That was yesterday afternoon. Might have had roof racks I can't remember.

While I'm not sure you could consider this a spotting,,, I saw a very clean PBM 2015 with Holden badges and the commodore model badges at RPM motor sports at 40/42. Wanted to run in and see whose it was but I was just riding around and didn't have time.

Also spotted a 16/17 chebby badged Heron white on Covered bridge in Clayton, NC. Might even be the car I looked at in Wendell before I bought the one I did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,079 Posts
The HW on Covered Bridge is just north of me (he's a forum member), I'm right in the same area. I spotted a '17 NGM in Knightdale Friday, I was in my car for once and waved but he didn't see me.

Reactions: z51vett

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
That would be me on 68 north of High Point/Greensboro.
Holden badged, Holden roof rack, aftermarket wheels/tires, though I'm a 16.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The HW on Covered Bridge is just north of me (he's a forum member), I'm right in the same area. I spotted a '17 NGM in Knightdale Friday, I was in my car for once and waved but he didn't see me.

I still haven't seen the majority of the colors, HW, PBM, Red, Slipstream, silver? are all that I've seen in person. I'd like to see that NGM almost went to Wilson to look at one before I bought mine.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That would be me on 68 north of High Point/Greensboro.
Holden badged, Holden roof rack, aftermarket wheels/tires, though I'm a 16.

That's great, I was in my work truck headed to night shift when I passed you. Your car looks fantastic. Were you debadged on the lower grille of your car? If so that might be why I assumed 14/15.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How come I never see any of you guys around the Triad? Strange............

I've seen more than a few around at least once I saw a lady at Crabtree that looked like she had no idea her car was special. I honked and waved and received a look questioning WTF I was doing.

I guess there are at least 4 of us that all live close to each other SouthEast of Raleigh including GXPaycheck and myself.

Unfortunately I probably won't log more than 50 miles until after December, if I'm that lucky...

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
That's great, I was in my work truck headed to night shift when I passed you. Your car looks fantastic. Were you debadged on the lower grille of your car? If so that might be why I assumed 14/15.
Thanks! I've removed the white vinyl on the 'SS' to reveal the black vinyl below it for a more stealth look. Glad you said you were in your work truck since I didn't think I missed a fellow SS spotting.

Unfortunately I probably won't log more than 50 miles until after December, if I'm that lucky...
That's just sad. :frown

·
Premium Member
7,079 Posts
There's a great Cars & Coffee in Greensboro! And our local ones in Morrisville and Wake Forest ;-)

·
Registered
61 Posts
On 9-16 there was a white one parked in Banner Elk, it's owner was attending a wedding and the following day 9-17 the driver of a perfect blue and I each gave the other a big thumbs up (I was driving my NGM) before we went opposite directions on I-40 in Morganton...

Sent from my SM-N920R7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Passed a blue Holden-badged SS with roof rack on 66 in Kernersville this afternoon. Pretty sure it was blacked out and tinted as well since it looked darker than usual. Spotted it a good distance away but wasn't sure it was an SS until it got closer because of the roof rack (kinda ironic since I've also got a roof rack). Anybody here?

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Ran into a nice lady in an orange 17 6MT with Holden badges today in Oak Ridge, NC. She'd just moved up from Florida to the area and also has an 09 G8 GT.

If you're here, welcome to the area!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Ran into a nice lady in an orange 17 6MT with Holden badges today in Oak Ridge, NC. She'd just moved up from Florida to the area and also has an 09 G8 GT.

If you're here, welcome to the area!
Hey Jason
Pretty sure I met the owners at last weeks C&C in Greensboro. Dont remember woman's name but her husband introduced himself as Nick.
I sat next to and conversed all morning with a guy who owned a 99 Corvette. All tricked out, customer engine, HUGE blower, etc.... Get this 1185HP! 8.67 sec 1/4 mile. Now that's movin.
Bill

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Haven't updated this in a while only because I've spent the majority of time I'm not working in Mooresville, NC away from home in Raleigh.

Mooresville for those not in the know is known for being racing country. SSs, G8s, and GTOs are plenty here. You would think Holden was a brand sold continuously for the last two decades, truly an awesome place to be.

Well I saw something yesterday that was truly noteworthy. A white Holden Ute (GTO generation, VZ?). Have to say I freaked (geeked?) out a little, makes me want a VE/VF Ute badly.

·
Premium Member
7,079 Posts
A Ute in this area? Even Bigfoot would be surprised!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts