Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Same drill as years past, we are again meeting at Martinez Waterfront Park which is just across the bay from Port Benecia where all our cars became US citizens.

Our 2021 Martinez Seashore/Marina picnic will be held Saturday June 12th from 10am till 2pm.
As prior years the picnic is BYO - bring your food, bring chairs, Ez-ups, hats, anything you might want. Food is available in town - Subway, grocery store, Starbucks. Unclear is the Bait Shop’s Snack Shack will be open or have available food. There are decent restrooms close by at the Harbor Master's office. If you have younger kids or grandkids there is a playground ~10min walk from where we'll be. There are flat walking paths around the edge of the waterfront and around the harbor.

Only three ground rules,
1) No exhibition of speed, no burnouts, doughnuts, or side show antics. Zero tolerance, anyone performing these acts will be asked to immediately vacate the area. Failure to comply will result in a call to Martinez PD.
2) If you chose to bring adult beverages please keep them under control.
3) This is a family friendly park so be RESPECTFUL at all times !

·
Premium Member
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
forgot this - no plans for any sort of social distancing and masks are 100% personal choice as most responsible adults are fully vaccinated now.

Reactions: dDUBb

·
Super Moderator
7,388 Posts
Sounds like a great time, always good to meet fellow SS owners. A bit too far for me to make it. Have fun!

-irresponsible in Iowa

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
Thanks to Russ for putting this meet together again !!
It was really great seeing everyone out there today. Beautiful day for it too (even though I did get a tad sunburned). If anyone got some pics to share, please post them up. (y)

ETA: the only bad thing about the event is that now I have to contend with a bad case of supercharger envy after seeing all them boosted babies.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts

I forgot to take more pictures. Too busy talking to cool people 😎 and getting slightly sun burnt also. Unfortunately I did not get a chance to meet everybody who showed up, but I did get some good information from fellow SS owners about certain types of envy inducing modifications .. Coming soon. 😉

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Wow, nice turn out.....

Wish we could get that attendance in south florida....... :(

Reactions: rjcalif and dDUBb

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
If I still lived in California would definitely go for that retro black plate on Holden Muscle. Just had blue plate on my 1985 Suzuki GS550E/F...

Nice turn out!

Reactions: rjcalif and dDUBb

·
Registered
313 Posts
Bummer...I missed this. Was on my way back from a week long vacation playing with the toys up in the dunes on the Oregon coast. I'll shoot for next year.

·
Premium Member
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We had 32 cars total and about 70 people, not our largest turnout but it was great all the same. Good people, great cars, and perfect weather made for a wonderful day. Here's a few more pics

·
Super Moderator
7,388 Posts
Lots of good stuff, almost perfect. ;)

Reactions: rjcalif
1 - 14 of 14 Posts