Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every Saturday I check the order guide.

This hit me like a big heavy thing.

From now on any 1SS, 2SS or ZL1 Camaro CANNOT be ordered for delivery to dealers in CA or WA.

LT1 Camaros are the ONLY V-8 Camaros that can be ordered for delivery to dealers in CA or WA.

I have no idea why; got to send a couple emails and make a few calls .... wink.

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 SS, Heron White, No Sunroof, added OEM spare
3,173 Posts
It's just like the old days, ...I wondered if they were going to stat that up again.
From the late seventies through early eighties, there were no stick shift high-perf V8 Tans Ams, Camaros or Corvettes. TransAm 6.6 TA Pontiac Engine was not available in Kali, we got the Olds 403 6.6 instead. I think that stuff got cleared up in 1984.

·
Super Moderator
6,273 Posts
No offense to our members (and/or moderator) living in commiefornia, but how can you look at your statehouse, your government leaders, governor, mayors, city councils, and of course the speaker of the house and not expect something like this, or be surprised when it happens? They will tell you it's bad for the environment, unlike people crapping in the streets. Maybe they'll tell you that it's to keep the residents safe, while they tax the heck out of and profit off of every pack of cigarettes sold.
The weather is fantastic. The beaches, the sunsets, and many of the ladies are beautiful. I would take in as many of those things as I could for a short period of time, and then I would run like he!!.

·
Super Moderator
6,273 Posts
An oldie but a goodie:

·
Registered
2014 SS, Heron White, No Sunroof, added OEM spare
3,173 Posts
Kommunism, any real American needs to leave Kali already.
Its a failed police state. Just let it drift off into the pacific ocean.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
I do wish that more people would leave here, as I wouldn't live anywhere else.

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts

I CAN'T BREATHE. ANOTHER REASON TO BE GLAD I DID LEAVE.
AND BESIDES, THEY FENCED OFF EVERYTHING. AND THERE IS
NO PARKING ONCE YOU GET THERE.

One for the road, when they do open up!

Reactions: z51vett

·
Super Moderator
6,273 Posts
Tonight, I would just refer y'all to post #5.

Well thought out and superbly written.
Thank you sir, kind of you to say. I must admit however that "well thought out" would be a first in my life. I tend to be a shoot from the hip now what have I done kind of guy. 😉

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Cali has a limit of 91 octane, so that might be why those cars are not being sent to dealers, but that doesn't mean people can't buy one in another state and bring it to Kafasqornia.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
I think that 93 octane is the recommended fuel, but the car will run OK on 91 with reduced power,etc.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
You can buy gas with higher than 91 octane here. You can also buy leaded gasoline.

GM is going to stop making the Camaro in the next couple of years anyways.

·
Premium Member
2,690 Posts
You can buy gas with higher than 91 octane here. You can also buy leaded gasoline.

GM is going to stop making the Camaro in the next couple of years anyways.
They will probably stop making every decent car again as they descend back into irrelevancy.

Their new cars are trash again and have problems up the wazoo as they send their mfg to China and Mexico...

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
14,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Octane has nothing to do with it.

The LT1 has EXACTLY the same engine and calibration as the SS Camaro except decontented bells and whistles for a lower entry price !!!

No answers yet; but I am thinking for meeting each state's fleet fuel economy standard.

The pickemups and SUVs are WAY more profitable than the Camaro so I'm sure if this is the case it was a profitability decision.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts