Chevy SS Forum banner

No Cars In Midwest

7K views 28 replies 17 participants last post by  Chevrolet Customer Care 
#1 ·
Ok I am confused by dealer tells me their cars are in port in CA but they are not releasing them any time soon. Can someone help me with this?

Thanks

#2 ·
It depends what boat your car came on. The cars on the first ship, that arrived in US on Oct 17th and the cars are now getting to the midwest. z51vette, just got his yesterday. It took them about 29 days after to make it to Michigan from when Headrat filmed them coming off the boat in California.

By what you were told, I sounds like your car was on the second boat, which got into Cali on Nov 5th. Since your car in the US (only two ships have arrived) and the first ship's cars left Cali a few weeks ago, your car being on the second boat seems likely.

Based on the first ship's distribution timeline within the US, your car will probably make it to the Midwest in early December.

#3 ·
It depends what boat your car came on. The cars on the first ship, that arrived in US on Oct 17th and the cars are now getting to the midwest. z51vette, just got his yesterday. It took them about 29 days after to make it to Michigan from when Headrat filmed them coming off the boat in California.

By what you were told, I sounds like your car was on the second boat, which got into Cali on Nov 5th. Since your car in the US (only two ships have arrived) and the first ship's cars left Cali a few weeks ago, your car being on the second boat seems likely.

Based on the first ship's distribution timeline within the US, your car will probably make it to the Midwest in early December.
This is correct and its 2 weeks in inspection give or take a few days. My car left Ca. on Oct 30th and arrived at dealer Nov. 14th. One member in Az. got his on the Nov. 11th same shipment.
z51vett
Doug

#4 ·
How many cars are on each ship?

#5 ·
The first ship had almost 600 SS's and a few hundred Caprices. That was the initial production run of about three and a half weeks. The second shipment was only two weeks production and I would estimate about 300-350 SS's and maybe a hundred Caprices. The third shipment should be larger than the first because production wrinkles should have been ironed out. And it was for a full four weeks of production. The fourth shipment was for two weeks production, so probably 300-350 SS's. These ships carry other brands of cars at the same time. The first ship went to Port Hueneme after Benicia to deliver other brands. The second ship went to Portland Oregon to drop off other brands. The ships of 650 feet (199-200M) length can carry about 4500 cars.

#6 ·
Mid-Atlantic States Delay?

The SS my dealer had on the first boat had an expected delivery date 11-15.

It did not show up as of today.

He called and was told it was still on a railcar in Cali !!!

... and mine is still at 3100 which is where I hope it sits until after the summer shutdown.

#9 ·
Maybe the railroad will not ship a partially loaded rail car. Might be waiting for the second batch of cars to fill up the train cars.

#12 ·
My dealer in Michigan just got his two cars today... working with him to see if one of them is going to be mine ;)

#14 ·
Dexter (LaFontaine) Chevrolet has the Mystic Green and a Black one. Headed there today to have a look. I see Marty Feldman has two silver and one black listed on their site but no pictures meaning they probably don't have them yet. Moran Chevrolet just popped up with a red one too! Really glad to see these hitting the dealers here in Michigan however the timing certainly sucks given the weather of late!!

#15 ·
Mystic Green does not work for me in person. The black however is awfully **** nice.... trying to work a deal the next 24 hours....

Attachments

Reactions: Commodoreman2000
#17 ·
Mystic Green does not work for me in person. The black however is awfully **** nice.... trying to work a deal the next 24 hours....
Agreed. They can keep the Mystic Green. The black looks F'n SWEEET...

#23 ·
Finally came in.

My Phantom Black SS got delivered to my dealer in Baton Rouge La. 11/18 and I picked it up on the 19th. Had 19 miles on it and they let me drive it to fill it up. Then 70 mile drive home. It is everything I thought it would be and can't understand why people feel it is overpriced compared to the G8. Of course I got it at employee price. A lot of nice features that were not on the G8. Love the interior. Look forward to driving it again today.

#26 ·
My Phantom Black SS got delivered to my dealer in Baton Rouge La. 11/18 and I picked it up on the 19th. Had 19 miles on it and they let me drive it to fill it up. Then 70 mile drive home. It is everything I thought it would be and can't understand why people feel it is overpriced compared to the G8. Of course I got it at employee price. A lot of nice features that were not on the G8. Love the interior. Look forward to driving it again today.
Congrats, proe12! That first drive home had to be something special. Let us know what you think after more driving.

Mike

#24 ·
The reality is I would love this car to be priced at $40,000 but still love it at $47,000. i've owned 3 G8's so obviously I didn't feel the price was bad there either. The upside is I made money on every G8 I bought and sold.... Think the SS is going to be ok priced where it is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.