Chevy SS Forum banner

"New Vehicle Inspection"

5K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  2074 
#1 ·
Perhaps this is a question for the Chevy customer service reps on here, but is it a common practice for dealerships to set up an appointment to "check on/go through a new car" 2-3 weeks after it was purchased?

To me it seems a bit bizarre, but maybe they are just trying to get that perfect survey score that they keep harassing me about! they are borderline out of control with begging that I give them perfect ratings.

Anyway, I think I am going to bring up a possible alignment issue. It seems that I have to constantly keep the wheel slightly to the left to keep her running straight down the road. And no this isn't just the angle of the road. After seeing some other threads about alignment issues, there MIGHT be some merit to it...?

#2 ·
Thanks for posting this good info......Let me know what they say. I have the same issue with my steering wheel. It's been that way since I drove it home from the dealer. I've had my SS for 3 weeks now. I plan to take it in for service in a few weeks. It would be nice to let them know I'm not the only one with this issue.

Thanks

#3 ·
The askew steering wheel seems to be pretty common (pretty straight forward to rectify) and I have been told it is likely due to the way the cars get strapped for transport on the ship.
Others on here have been told to do several hundred miles before getting a second alignment done which is part of the delivery process I believe from memory.
There are alignment specs you can print off and take to your dealer to ensure they have the correct specs for the SS.
I will have a look for the specs unless another member has the link or specs handy to post, otherwise if you PM Customer Care they can get the specs for you

#11 ·
Make sure you don't let it out of your sight and INSIST that you be in the passenger's seat whenever anybody is driving it especially if they want to take it out for the obligatory "road (smoke up the rear tires and see what she will do) test."

I think at least one person at your dealer wants to road test it because GM don't pay for what they want to do.....

#7 ·
I thought you needed to have a minimum 700 miles before the re-alignment would be covered by GM. The theory is that the car and suspension need time to settle.
Maybe Customer Care can chime in on the specifics.

Reactions: z51vett
#15 ·
Free alignment for first so many miles I can't remember how many. Get about 500 to 700 miles on it to settle suspension and then say it pulls. I don't trust the chev tech so I go to a race shop, they checked mine found it okay 25.00 bucks out the door.
z51vett
Doug

#16 ·
$25 is good. I can't find a shop for less than $100. So I use the dealer. They did a good job when I took it in. Almost in the center points on all tolerances.

//Nick

#20 ·
I remember those too. This one checks front and rear toe and camber, basicly everything except caster.

HUNTER
It says "Win Align" on the screen.
Model on the cabnet says "WQ330"

Reactions: 2074
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.