Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my new Apex EC-7 wheels (18 x 9.5) +35 ET mounted today with 275/40 R18 Goodyear F1 Supercar 3s all around. Just in time to have all the driving events cancelled!

I've never had a set of aftermarket wheels before. I think they look pretty good. They do poke out a bit - hopefully nothing rubs in the corners.

Attachments

·
Registered
939 Posts
Really beautiful wheels, and I love the 18" diameter -- should have gone that way myself.
I do hope they don't rub, but...
Where were you planning to track the car?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!

I had signed up for an HDPE day at Palmer on 4/2 with SCDA but that got cancelled. The next event I am planning on is Thompson in May. I did both tracks last year with the SS, Actually did Palmer clockwise twice last year and that was so much fun. The car did really well completely stock but the front tires got very worn on the outside edges. I thought this year I would try a square setup with some more camber to get some more life out of them. I had this idea in my head that 18s would save some money on tires and open up the tire choice a bit.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Great thinking. I do believe though that 18" wheels are more challenging to find in the correct offsets for the car (clearing both brakes and fenders), as I discovered when searching for my "homegrown" spare.

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
Nice

I bought a set and never even got to use them, already plan on losing my butt still as they have been in storage.

TBD if I will actually use them this year with all of this going on. I did buy them maybe 2 years ago though. Haha

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I took it out for a quarantine therapy drive today and when I got back I can see some evidence that the tire had made contact with the inside of the rear fender. Sadness.

How major of surgery is fender rolling?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts