Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the Phoenix area. Specifically Chandler and the 2 closest dealers to me are Freeway and Earnhardt. Anyone have a recommendation or experience with either dealer?

·
Registered
164 Posts
I am new to the Phoenix area. Specifically Chandler and the 2 closest dealers to me are Freeway and Earnhardt. Anyone have a recommendation or experience with either dealer?
I'm WAY further northwest just south of Cave Creek. I'm only posting because I have had good experience with Courtesy Chevrolet off of 12th street and Camelback, which might be worth the drive for you as it is for me (plus I work nearby). Lousy experience with Van Chevrolet in N. Scottsdale.

Welcome, glad to hear there's another SS roaming the valley!

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
I too am farther north so don’t have any experience with Freeway or Earnhardt. My uncle will only go to Courtesy. I’ve had bad experiences with Van as well.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Paul at Earnhardt is a good guy. Last March he got my deal done on my used 2017 SS 6MT. It was not easy as I was under water on my old ride. Drove my SS home to IL. Exact same car was available in north suburban Chicago but that dealer was a D***head.

PSA: Car dealers are in business to make money.

·
Registered
278 Posts

Freeway Chevy is great, My rep is Chris Esquer. My car is cammed and other stuff and he is all good about it, no warranty voids. Well aside from the engine :). He has a few Holdens that he mods, he knows what's up.

They know how to work on the SS and best part, they know how to Align our cars lol. Not too many chevy dealers in 'Merica can say that.

Welcome to the Valley

Reactions: LAG

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Freeway Chevy is great, My rep is Chris Esquer. My car is cammed and other stuff and he is all good about it, no warranty voids. Well aside from the engine :). He has a few Holdens that he mods, he knows what's up.

They know how to work on the SS and best part, they know how to Align our cars lol. Not too many chevy dealers in 'Merica can say that.

Welcome to the Valley
Thank you everyone for the replies. I will give Chris at Freeway a call. I plan to go with a Livernois tune soon as well. Looking at the 91 performance. If not then Courtesy will be my 2nd choice. Thanks again.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Chris at Freeway is legit. He has a soft spot for these and G8's.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
I had to buy out of state due to unavailability. I've had my services at Thorobred, again after Earnhardt bought them, and now Freeway.

I had an initial good experiences with Thorobred. Earnhardt carried over many of the same people, but something changed. They were supposed to call when recall parts were in but never did.
My last visit at Earnhardt was to prep the car for another track day, but the paperwork showed they put DOT3 in the brakes and then the service manager tried to BS me it was all good. I insisted they replace it with the proper DOT4 fluid but I'm not sure they did. 90 minutes later the part number on the paperwork was adjusted, but also the brake pedal went to the floor and I went all four off on just my second hot lap two days later. I simply don't trust Earnhardt service anymore.

Since then, I've been to Freeway once and I get the impression they're a bit more knowledgeable and have better attention to detail. We'll see how they do going forward.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Mine is for sale and I bought it in Arizona and I’m more than happy to bring it back down. Tell your friends I have the cleanest black one around! It is on Craigslist there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts