Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title states.. our TDI sportwagen is about due for some new rubber. The car gets driven spiritedly as much as a car with 150HP can! with the TDI TQ it will break the tires loose on wet roads. I run the car 60 miles a day commuting and we use it on weekends to go mountain biking. The SS is the primary kid hauler for my wife.

Currently has eco tires on it. I don't need anything super sticky or heavy, buddy of mine put DWS06's on his wife's acura tsx wagon and she noticed less miles per tank. I can average 47 in good weather, don't want to lose that.

Conti has a new all season tire that looks good to me and is priced fair. I have DWS06's on the SS and they're great.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Like the Vredestein Quatrac Pro tires put on wife's 2020 CRV Hybrid AWD. Little better than typical A/S...comes with 3 season snowflake rating. Did ok on recent NM-GA 3000 mile Christmas roundtrip. Last week got 51mpg city driving and was awarded a Trophy on IP when pulled in garage...lol

Picked up set of 4 from Tire Rack. 235/60R18.

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Thumbs up on Conti DWS06. Have them on my SS and my 911. My son runs them on his GTI.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Tell your buddies wife her new tires have a bigger circumference than her worn tires...thus her calculated mpg has BIGGER miles than before. All same-same.
Don‘t fear the DWS06s. I get great mileage out of them on my SS. 24.5 MPG on trips.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts