Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Fixed it so you look trendy! PS, image manipulation is hard to do with only a laptop, on my lap, using silly touchpad.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
I've considered a wrap myself but not in a matte orange, you'll definitely stand out in the crowd. Hope you get your vents soon too! Any plans for the wheels?

Reactions: Cheyanne Denise

·
Registered
32 Posts
I like the matte orange but would never give up my Silver 17'. I'm just curious the 14's didn't come with the hood "vents". Did you have them installed and was wondering why you chose to put them farther inboard?
Nice car keep it classy!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I like the matte orange but would never give up my Silver 17'. I'm just curious the 14's didn't come with the hood "vents". Did you have them installed and was wondering why you chose to put them farther inboard?
Nice car keep it classy!
Ok well originally I wanted the orange blast metallic, I wouldve kept that, but when I went to the body shop I saw the matte and just wanted something different, I love it. & yes, I did have the hood vents installed, I know the hood vents on the newer ones are much further out, but I just had this idea in my head for where I wanted the placement of em'
Thanks s'much!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've considered a wrap myself but not in a matte orange, you'll definitely stand out in the crowd. Hope you get your vents soon too! Any plans for the wheels?
Its definitely an eye catcher, kinda always the odd ball out lmao
& Im ordering the z28 wheels but im not sure how fitment is gonna work, I can do 20x9 in the front and 20x10 rear, or just send it and do 20x11's for the rear.. But the problem I have is rolling my fenders, Idk if it will be do-able with the matte wrap because too much heat can gloss it

·
Registered
232 Posts
Ok well originally I wanted the orange blast metallic, I wouldve kept that, but when I went to the body shop I saw the matte and just wanted something different, I love it. & yes, I did have the hood vents installed, I know the hood vents on the newer ones are much further out, but I just had this idea in my head for where I wanted the placement of em'
Thanks s'much!
Are the hood vents functional? How much work was it to have them installed?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Are the hood vents functional? How much work was it to have them installed?
Yes, they are functional! & It wasnt that difficult, we ran into some complications because of the placement I chose though, had to cut out some of the thicker support beams I guess you'd call them?? But that just made us run through blades alot faster

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
The vents on the 16 and 17 are somewhat guided by a directed down spout underneath the hood. I always assumed it was to direct possible rain water entry away from the motor. Not sure if its worth worrying about with your set up or not.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
was thinking the same thing :laugh
We were at a cruise-in a couple weekends ago and a guy came in with the yellow on his splitter and Susie said, "Look rookie stripes"! (Rookies in NASCAR have to have yellow stripes on their car.) Pretty funny:grin

Reactions: Ayrick
1 - 16 of 16 Posts