Chevy SS Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Just food for thought, they would be useless in any snow but they most definitely do just fine into the mid-upper 20s in my experience.
I've had no issues with the DWS06s in my snow travels. Of the 70K miles of DWS06 miles on my 2017 Challenger about 30K was on snowy/icy conditions without any issues. Even my 2013 Mustang GT & 2014 SS have seen some snow miles on their DWS06s without any issues.

·
Registered
RotoFab & LMS 93 aggressive + tune|resonator delete|275/35 square set up
194 Posts
I've had no issues with the DWS06s in my snow travels. Of the 70K miles of DWS06 miles on my 2017 Challenger about 30K was on snowy/icy conditions without any issues. Even my 2013 Mustang GT & 2014 SS have seen some snow miles on their DWS06s without any issues.

Any more than an occasional light dusting of snow and I’m running a dedicated winter wheel/tire set. Nice pic 👍🏻

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
You cant go wrong with either of those.
Agreed, can’t go “wrong” with either the Conti’s or Michelin’s...buyers choice though comparable Conti’s will almost always be cheaper than Michelin.

As for DWS06 Plus vs PS4, really depends on what “fringe” areas of use are important...mild winter conditions/temps, or track duty. One is all season, the other is summer UHP. With Saber’s build and LizardSpit weather I would think a UHP tire would be best. Stating the obvious I know...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: SaberOne

·
Premium Member
Inception Date: 1 March 2017, Chevy SS Sedan, White, A6, Spare, No Sun
1,586 Posts
Agreed, can’t go “wrong” with either the Conti’s or Michelin’s...buyers choice though comparable Conti’s will almost always be cheaper than Michelin.

As for DWS06 Plus vs PS4, really depends on what “fringe” areas of use are important...mild winter conditions/temps, or track duty. One is all season, the other is summer UHP. With Saber’s build and LizardSpit weather I would think a UHP tire would be best. Stating the obvious I know...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I heard that.👂 I decided to split the difference and order the Extreme Contact Sports'. My DW06 set is 4+ yrs old, and the desert AZ heat has dried them out; it feels like I'm driving a shopping cart. Recently, I had her up to ludicrous speed, and it was dicey! 😇. It was utterly a one-off thing,' and I still can't figure out why I did that. Anyway, I know I should opt for something gummy for my 400-mile freeway R/T's to the Phoenix valley.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Almost any NEW tire will reduce steering precision and turn in. This is due to your new/deeper depth of tread. There is more flex/squirm now than your worn out, shallow tread depth old tires.
If your old tires are anywhere near ”slicks” don’t expect your new All Seasons to be as “racy”.
Think of an F1 driver going from slicks to intermediates to full wets....increasing levels of tread squirm!

·
Registered
497 Posts
We tour in our SS. I just bought a second set of DWS 06s right before the + came out. I’m good with that as the prior set went 62,000 miles & looked like this... View attachment 289448
HOW?! I got 20,000 miles out of my DWS06 and the rears were down to 2-3 mm with fairly uniform wear. You mentioned touring in your SS, does that imply you are almost all highway with rare performance style driving? I drive my car pretty hard and enjoy .9+ g turns on a weekly basis.

Reactions: good2go

·
Registered
939 Posts
HOW?! I got 20,000 miles out of my DWS06 and the rears were down to 2-3 mm with fairly uniform wear. You mentioned touring in your SS, does that imply you are almost all highway with rare performance style driving? I drive my car pretty hard and enjoy .9+ g turns on a weekly basis.
Yes, Highway runs, and there are more 13 mile straightaways in the Southwest than .9g curves. SS Performance is used to pass on 2 lane roads. There isn’t much wheel spin at 60 mph.
and before someone asks....
I didn’t buy a Camry because I didn’t want one! 😉

·
Registered
416 Posts
Any more than an occasional light dusting of snow and I’m running a dedicated winter wheel/tire set. Nice pic 👍🏻
I carry tire socks in my cars running the DWSs to stay legal when it's "chains required" season. Don't know how well they work because I've haven't had a need to try. I rented a Chalet near Leavenworth WA for my wife's Bday & got 2ft of snow dumped on us while driving there. My AWD Challenger with 275 DWSs had no issues with the elements. Back home I rarely see more than a few inches of snow.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts