Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 2085 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dealer called and said they couldn't let me take possession of my '16 SS because GM just sent them an email this morning with a new recall on safety belts (?).

Can anyone confirm that there is a new recall?

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Yes, there is a stop-sell on the SS. No details yet.
Please delay your panic response until additional detail is released.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Myron. Just looking to confirm the news and assuming dealers can still "sell" an SS just not let you drive it off the lot...

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Thanks Myron. Just looking to confirm the news and assuming dealers can still "sell" an SS just not let you drive it off the lot...
I don't have any details at all. I would not assume anything.

·
Premium Member
13,791 Posts
Correct.

There is a stop sale on the SS and PPV's.

If your dealer did not successfully enter it in Global Connect as sold prior to the close of business on Wednesday and it falls within the specific VINs listed on the stop sale it cannot be sold or delivered until further notice.

The time frame to clear the stop sale order is unannounced.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Well now, this could certainly pee-off some who think they will get the 20% off only to find, uh, no way?

Time for special deal extenders. does GM do "rain checks"

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was supposed to check one out after work, but got a call about this issue and was told I would not be able to drive the car. :/

·
Registered
243 Posts
Glad I left the SS in the garage today.
I just checked my VIN and found this:

Recall Title:
Seat Belt Tensioner Cable

Recall Description:
General Motors has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in 2014-2016 model year Chevrolet Caprice Police Pursuit Vehicles (PPVs) and Chevrolet SS vehicles. The flexible steel cable that connects the safety belt to the vehicle at the outside of the front driver seat can fatigue and separate over time if the driver’s movement into the seat repeatedly bends the steel seat belt cable down against the seat edge.

Safety Risk Description:
In a crash, a fatigued cable could break, reducing the effectiveness of the vehicle’s safety belts and increasing the risk of injury to the occupant.

Repair Description:
Dealers will inspect and, if necessary, replace the tensioner cable assembly. For vehicles that do not require tensioner assembly replacement, a cable guide will be installed. All vehicles will receive new seat trim with a redesigned opening for the cable routing.

Recall Status: INCOMPLETE. REMEDY NOT YET AVAILABLE

·
Registered
1,110 Posts

Recall Title:

Recall Description:
General Motors has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in 2014-2016 model year Chevrolet Caprice Police Pursuit Vehicles (PPVs) and Chevrolet SS vehicles. The flexible steel cable that connects the safety belt to the vehicle at the outside of the front driver seat can fatigue and separate over time if the driver’s movement into the seat repeatedly bends the steel seat belt cable down against the seat edge.

Safety Risk Description:
In a crash, a fatigued cable could break, reducing the effectiveness of the vehicle’s safety belts and increasing the risk of injury to the occupant.

Repair Description:
Dealers will inspect and, if necessary, replace the tensioner cable assembly. For vehicles that do not require tensioner assembly replacement, a cable guide will be installed. All vehicles will receive new seat trim with a redesigned opening for the cable routing.

Looks like I'm taking my 14 in for another recall

·
Super Moderator
13,377 Posts
Won't do any good to take it in until notified that a "remedy" is available. Same deal on my Silverado. May take awhile for those units already in service.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I just checked the Chevy.com Owner's Section,

Yep, mine is a recall. Built in November of 2015

Hasn't this been listed previously? Especially for the PPV's.

·
Registered
366 Posts
What exactly is this new seat trim? Is it where the seat belt attaches to the body? Are they talking about new plastic molding on the drivers side? Not actually to do with the seats, right? What about the passenger side?

Repair Description:

·
Registered
860 Posts
GM Recall #:
NHTSA #
Date Issued:
Jul 07, 2016
Recall Title:

Recall Description:

Safety Risk Description:

Repair Description:

·
Premium Member
6,873 Posts
Similar to g8 issue.

·
Premium Member
13,791 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,791 Posts

Recall Title:

Recall Description:

Safety Risk Description:

Repair Description:

... I purposely left this out and was waiting to see who "did their homework" so you earn a double:

:3tens:

:bestpost:

·
Premium Member
13,791 Posts
What exactly is this new seat trim? Is it where the seat belt attaches to the body? Are they talking about new plastic molding on the drivers side? Not actually to do with the seats, right? What about the passenger side?

Repair Description:
FRONT SEAT BELTS for 2014 Chevrolet SS

1 - 20 of 2085 Posts