Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been watching them for years, after my first deployment almost got one but last minute orders made that fall through. After this last deployment however I found one that I knew I had to have! After contacting the owner he told me that it was basically sold (after it only being online for 8 hours!) And that if color didn't matter to me his brother was selling one too! Well I didn't care one bit about color so I called his brother and took ownership of a 2014 SS with 21k on the clock and some mods already done. Typically id be weary of buying a car that's already modded but with miles this low I knew I had to have it. Right now the mods I know it has are a comp cam (I got the cam card with the specs) A tune, Brembo rear calipers and an aftermarket Torque converter (yeah yeah its not a stick, hard luck finding one of those) also has headers and full exhaust. First order of business is rebadging!

·
Super Moderator
7,080 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the SS @Nmxhustla . First and foremost, thank you for your service. Second, no manual in '14 so your good. Third, you got the best suspension, the best wheels, and the most cupholders, you done good!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the SS @Nmxhustla . First and foremost, thank you for your service. Second, no manual in '14 so your good. Third, you got the best suspension, the best wheels, and the most cupholders, you done good!
Hey thank you! And I literally didn't know any of that I really gotta do more research haha

·
Super Moderator
7,080 Posts
Hey thank you! And I literally didn't know any of that I really gotta do more research haha
I'll start you out with a few basics. '14 has the best suspension as it is not magride. Magride is cool, but I had a '14 and it handled incredibly well, better than most on the road. Magride handles well also, but has seen it's share of failures. Around $400 diy or $1K per corner to fix 😮.
'14 -'15 has the lighter, stronger, and (personal opinion here) better looking polished and clear coated forged Alcoa wheels vs the painted cast wheels on the '16-'17.
'14 is the only year with slide out cupholders in the front of the rear seat bottom. They are pretty flimsy, but they are an exclusive so who cares!
'14-'15 also had a CD player and aux jack vs '16-'17 without if you need either.
Bottom line, all years are awesome, you just happened to buy the most basic, least complicated and maybe the best year SS there is. While the miles per gallon may not be stellar, the smiles per gallon are up there with the best. The driving experience, combined with the confused looks you'll get and the conversations that you'll have make for one of the most enjoyable automobiles available today. (y)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll start you out with a few basics. '14 has the best suspension as it is not magride. Magride is cool, but I had a '14 and it handled incredibly well, better than most on the road. Magride handles well also, but has seen it's share of failures. Around $400 diy or $1K per corner to fix 😮.
'14 -'15 has the lighter, stronger, and (personal opinion here) better looking polished and clear coated forged Alcoa wheels vs the painted cast wheels on the '16-'17.
'14 is the only year with slide out cupholders in the front of the rear seat bottom. They are pretty flimsy, but they are an exclusive so who cares!
'14-'15 also had a CD player and aux jack vs '16-'17 without if you need either.
Bottom line, all years are awesome, you just happened to buy the most basic, least complicated and maybe the best year SS there is. While the miles per gallon may not be stellar, the smiles per gallon are up there with the best. The driving experience, combined with the confused looks you'll get and the conversations that you'll have make for one of the most enjoyable automobiles available today. (y)
Thank you for the info! I was actually just in the general discussion area reading about all the differences between the years. Sounds like i got lucky getting the 14. And MPG means nothing to me the 454 in my current daily gets 6 mpg lmao!

·
Premium Member
7,127 Posts
Welcome and congrats!

·
Registered
75 Posts
I had no idea the '14 has a CD player. That's the one thing I miss having in my car.

·
Registered
2014 SS, SOLD!
3,473 Posts
Thank you for the info! I was actually just in the general discussion area reading about all the differences between the years. Sounds like i got lucky getting the 14. And MPG means nothing to me the 454 in my current daily gets 6 mpg lmao!
I had a 454SS and know what you mean about 6 mpg. I averaged 11-13 mpg on my '14 SS and cared nothing about gas mileage, I just drove like I wanted to, and enjoyed it for 6 1/2 years.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had a 454SS and know what you mean about 6 mpg. I averaged 11-13 mpg on my '14 SS and cared nothing about gas mileage, I just drove like I wanted to, and enjoyed it for 6 1/2 years.
Hahaha yeah you know the struggle man, I have a 1991 k5 blazer and that hot hog is going to make thr ss look like a hybrid lol

·
Registered
885 Posts
From one vet to another, congrats and welcome!

Yeah, '14 and '15 have a CD player, '16 and '17 don't. Slightly different looks on the front end of the '14 and '15 compared to '16 and '17, and wheels are different on '16 and '17 compared to our '14 and '15. Plus the rear brakes as mentioned before, and magride vs. not on the rest.

Otherwise, interior is the same, driving experience is mostly the same. I don't find too many differences between my current '15 and previous '16.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
From one vet to another, congrats and welcome!

Yeah, '14 and '15 have a CD player, '16 and '17 don't. Slightly different looks on the front end of the '14 and '15 compared to '16 and '17, and wheels are different on '16 and '17 compared to our '14 and '15. Plus the rear brakes as mentioned before, and magride vs. not on the rest.

Otherwise, interior is the same, driving experience is mostly the same. I don't find too many differences between my current '15 and previous '16.
Thank you! Super excited!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Congrats on your SS buy!! I learned today my '15 has a CD player after owning it for nearly 5 years!! The Aggie Joke is on me!! I'm now curious if it works :)

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
OT:
Willy I had white '91 Sport Truck, 454SS look but with 350. First GM Employee purchase with Hughes Aircraft. Threw on Snugtop window-less shell, levelled it with Shackles in rear, added Eibach springs, and bilstein shocks, Custom sound system had ADS PH15 AMP to power Alpine head unit, midrange, tweeters, and subwoofers. Threw a Futon in rear bed. Traded that for '94 Black Z/28 since they all had black roofs that year.

Reactions: willy92

·
Premium Member
2,707 Posts
Nice, enjoy. Hard earned I imagine, Thank you! G
Grumpy idle is very cool.

Reactions: Nmxhustla

·
Super Moderator
14,199 Posts
Answered in the thread started in the Tech forum:

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Late to the party but it looks like you got an updated steering wheel, too.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts