Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I don't have a SS yet but I have been lurking on this site for a while. I first drove one in 2015 with a manual but had my heart set on a BMW M5 at the time. Then life happened. Didn't end up buying either one. Fast forward to today and I am now starting my search for a '16 or '17 SS.

I've always been a sedan guy. 60's Sedan DeVille's, a couple of Audis, BMWs, and Mercedes', but I have been enamored with the simplicity of the LS engines since they came out in '97. My daughters '74 Nova has a stockish 5.3. My '69 Camaro has a modified 6.0. A 400+ hp V8 with a manual transmission in a 4 door sedan is what I've been craving.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

These cars are worth the search and effort to find one. They truly are amazing cars. There are several folks here that have more than one.

BTW, always cool to meet a fellow first gen owner. I have a 1967 that I am currently actively restoring. Have had it since 1995, and it was my daily driver for the first 8 years I owned it. It's been sitting since, so it's finally getting the full restoration treatment now.

Reactions: 2yellow69

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks to both of you!
I actually do want a unicorn version of this car. Ideally it would be a slicktop with spare NGM.

I've had my first gen for over 20 years also. It was my daily driver for about 5 years; even had snow tires for it. It will be back on the street this spring after a long hiatus.

Reactions: TommyV

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Welcome, checkout the “Colorado Holdens” group if you are on Facebook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Good luck, I just bought the car you described. 2017 NGM M6 Slicktop with Full Size Spare. Just under 10,000 miles.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congrats! I'm looking!

·
Premium Member
34 Posts

This seems like a good deal for a SSB Manual. FYI, the link works for me.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I saw that and confirmed they had it. I asked them for photos. hopefully they get back to me soon.
Thanks for keeping your eyes peeled for me!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Someone got a nice car. I got the pictures, the Carfax, and the history on the car. Asked if I could put a deposit down on Friday at about noon and was told they needed to confirm with their manager. Didn't hear back so I called them this morning. Car was still available. Gave them a credit card to put a deposit, filled out the financing, and received a call from the sales manager saying they got a deposit 10 minutes ago from someone else. So sorry.

My search continues.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
After a few failed deals and missing out by hours on one I finally made a deal! 2017, SIM, 6M, Roof, Full spare, 27K miles, 1 owner, completely stock. My wife was adamant on a sunroof and I changed my mind about what color I wanted more than once. We are going to fly to Virginia on the 22nd to pick it up and drive home to Colorado.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
After a few failed deals and missing out by hours on one I finally made a deal! 2017, SIM, 6M, Roof, Full spare, 27K miles, 1 owner, completely stock. My wife was adamant on a sunroof and I changed my mind about what color I wanted more than once. We are going to fly to Virginia on the 22nd to pick it up and drive home to Colorado.
Congrats !! You're going to love it, and especially on the drive home. (y)

·
Super Moderator
3,254 Posts
Congratulations on your Unicorn acquisition!!!

Get ready for one of the funest drives home you will ever have!!! AND,,, your choice of colors is excellent!!! After all,,, SIM is the FASTEST color!!!

Ask me how I know?????

Bought my new SIM M6 in Michigan and drove it home to LA back in September of17!!!

Good Luck!!!

;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
"Get ready for one of the funest drives home you will ever have!!! AND,,, your choice of colors is excellent!!! After all,,, SIM is the FASTEST color!!! "

That's what I've heard!! Especially about being the fastest color! Can not wait to pick it up!

Reactions: ESindon

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Congrats, enjoy brining it home. SIM is a great color on the car. Btw, what part of CO, I am in the C Springs area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,184 Posts
Congrats. If you find yourself westbound on I-80 and not I-70, I have a cup of coffee for both of you in Des Moines. (y)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
copacetic1 - Thanks. We basically live right up against Buckley AFB in Aurora.

15SuperSport - We appreciate the offer! We might take you up on it! I have heard the Cabelas in Kearney, NE is something to check out.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts