Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning, everyone! I hope you all had a good Easter/Passover/April Fools Day/weekend. I've been traveling as I do for work and thought I would check in and see where these plans have gone.

Someone suggested starting a new thread to discuss the meet up some of us have been discussing for April. The 15th was the proposed date and I had suggested meeting for breakfast at Hot Cakes in East Windsor, CT.

As we all know, we won't be able to find a date or location that can please everyone. What I think we have mostly agreed on is Sunday morning, April 15 and getting breakfast. I had suggested Hot Cakes in East Windsor, CT, which is not a far drive from Springfield, MA where I live. It will be a bit farther for some of our MA members and I'm not sure whether any VT, NH or ME members would be able to make it. Otherwise, it's kind of central for MA/RI/CT.

One concern I have is whether this breakfast restaurant can accommodate a large group but in our last meet up two years ago in New Britain, CT, there were 5 owners that showed up. I can check with the restaurant about the size of the group. If at least one other owner shows up, we can have a good conversation and meal but if not, I'll just enjoy the meal.

So, let me know your interest and if you have other suggestions that you think might work better. We could plan another meet up later in the summer, maybe in conjunction with one of the local car shows or something.

Thanks,
Vernon :whatdoyouthink:

Registered
Great sounds like a plan! Lets see if other New England SS owners chime in 馃檪

Registered
I鈥檇 like to attend a get together after they start sweeping the roads. Maybe mid May or later.

Hi Pic18, what do you mean by sweeping up the roads? I'm from the land of eternal 82 degrees, my first winter:eek

They actually sweep up all the dirt and salt I have been driving in the past 5 months????

Hope others chime in too!

Registered
This weekend I have an SCCA event.

Weekend after the meet up I have a PCA event at NHIS in Loudon, N.H.

Don't want to be doing car things three consecutive weekends, so, much as I'd like to be there...maybe next time.

Registered
Sorry to hear that but those events look fun.

15th at Hotcakes what time?? All those that can make it would be great!

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
This weekend I have an SCCA event.

Weekend after the meet up I have a PCA event at NHIS in Loudon, N.H.

Don't want to be doing car things three consecutive weekends, so, much as I'd like to be there...maybe next time.
We'll miss you and your bright Jungle Green SS but have fun!

By the way, I've seen no sign of sweeping up the sand and salt around here in Western MA after 6 years of living here.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry to hear that but those events look fun.

15th at Hotcakes what time?? All those that can make it would be great!
What time would be good? I'm thinking 9:00 - 10:00 am but some people get a late start on Sundays.

Registered
Street sweeper here from Quincy. We have been sweeping for the past week and a half with one more to go. We have 6 sweepers go out and do the whole city. 2/3 of the way done. Wouldn't be able to make the meet. Working overtime that day.

Registered
Street sweeper here from Quincy. We have been sweeping for the past week and a half with one more to go. We have 6 sweepers go out and do the whole city. 2/3 of the way done. Wouldn't be able to make the meet. Working overtime that day.
Never knock the OT! Well next time then!

9-10 sounds good!

Registered
It's been a while since I've been on the forums but count me in for the meetup I'll be there!

Premium Member
Post some photos of the turnout. Sounds like fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
So, it's Monday, Apr. 9 and looking back at the two threads pertaining to this meet up next Sunday, Apr. 15, these are the members that have definitely said they would be at Hot Cakes in East Windsor, CT, around 9:00 am.

Me

SSMax, Windsor Locks, CT

Midnicrow, Clinton, CT

Noble91, CT

Also,

Maxspeed12CT if we meet at night, Plainville, CT

GFerrara not sure if the message was a commitment ??

I'm open to meeting in the evening if everyone wanted to change plans now but otherwise, it looks like a small group for breakfast.

Did I miss anyone that has decided to attend?

Vernon

Registered
Sorry guys, I literally just got out of work its 340am Saturday morning.. Unfortunately, I don't think I'm going make it for 9 am but I'll definitely be there the next meetup!

Registered
Sorry guys, I literally just got out of work its 340am Saturday morning.. Unfortunately, I don't think I'm going make it for 9 am but I'll definitely be there the next meetup!

Sorry to hear that. Sleep well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #18
Ok; with the winter weather headed this way for tomorrow even though today was a beautiful day, do you guys still want to do this? I know some owners don鈥檛 like to get their cars wet. Mine is still spotted from the last time it was in the rain a week ago or so. They are forecasting freezing rain starting early in the morning turning to a wintry mix later in the day for Massachusetts and Connecticut.

It looks like only 3 of us that have said we鈥檙e coming. We can try to reschedule, possibly for the next Sunday.

What do you think?

Registered
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Inspite of the cloudy, cold, threatening weather, we had a meet up anyway with 2 cars. Better than none. Midnicrow came with his daughter and we enjoyed breakfast at Hot Cakes in East Windsor, CT. Hopefully, the next one will draw more cars.

Here's a picture of the two cars.

IMG_2889-reduced.jpg

Registered
I seem to always miss when I meet up was being planned, though I did go to the Celtics game on Sunday and works if missed it. Would like to see if we can do one mid May, hopefully the weather is good I can get it all shiny

1 - 20 of 33 Posts