Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody try the newest ceramic coatings, from Adams or any other supplier? If so, how does it compare to the dealer installed ceramic coatings in the past.

Thanks

Hoopla

·
Registered
2017 Black, Auto, All Stock, Sunroof & Spare
4,131 Posts
DO NOT let the Dealership touch your paint. Don't even let them wash it when you bring it in for service. Here's what I did

https://ceramicpro.com/

After a ton of research that's who I went with. They did a spectacular job

·
Registered
2017 Black, Auto, All Stock, Sunroof & Spare
4,131 Posts
I had Opticoat Pro applied a little over 3 years ago, and it’s held up fairly well. It’s pretty much lost its hydrophobic properties, though I usually have something on top of it anyway.

I am looking into a new self-healing coating from https://www.feynlab.com/technology/ which is getting good reviews. I also like the fact that the company is local to me.
Always good to learn about different products. Thanks bud.

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Looks good. Any personal experience?

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk
Not yet. Just bought a bottle of Bead Maker to try when Majestic came out with theirs. They’re local to me and I know them well. They’re excited about the stuff. And as sore as my back is today after doing juniors Suby, I’ll have to give it a shot!

·
Registered
559 Posts
Ceramic coating threads on automotive forums are becoming like motor oil threads.

That said, I have Crystal Serum Ultra on the Z06, it's pretty serious stuff. Not too may detailers around who apply it.

https://usa.gtechniq.com/products/auto/crystal-serum-ultra

And to answer the OP's question; I do not believe any product being applied at a dealer, or any product designed to be sold over the counter, can compete with the truly high-end coatings that are to be applied by professionals. Do those aforementioned products add protection, yes, however they just aren't on the same level.

Lastly, any protective-coating product is pointless until the surface has been properly prepped and corrected.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Ceramic coating threads on automotive forums are becoming like motor oil threads.

That said, I have Crystal Serum Ultra on the Z06, it's pretty serious stuff. Not too may detailers around who apply it.

https://usa.gtechniq.com/products/auto/crystal-serum-ultra

And to answer the OP's question; I do not believe any product being applied at a dealer, or any product designed to be sold over the counter, can compete with the truly high-end coatings that are to be applied by professionals. Do those aforementioned products add protection, yes, however they just aren't on the same level.

Lastly, any protective-coating product is pointless until the surface has been properly prepped and corrected.
Doubt they are like motor oil threads... considering theres only a handful of oils to choose from... but jeepers man theres too many Ceramic coatings avail , but i agree :)

The self healing coating looks cool "if it works". gotta trust those comparison tests on youtube. quite a few less than stellar coatings out there!

I ended up using Cquartz UK 3.0, time will tell how it does, though i do have good expectations

I agree, never have a dealer do any of the work they will "simonize your car for $5 and charge you 2K" only good thing is they dont charge extra for swirls & scratches

and i agree again, the surface has to be 100% prepped . if it's not your pissing away money and time. and its a TON of work.

biggest recommendation after applying the coating purchase/use a light stand when applying/removing. unless you have a ton of light you could fail to remove all of the residue.
(i need to clean up three small areas, lighting was poor)

normally i just use klasse however if this last considerably longer I'll never have to worry about detailing the car to this level ever again.

ppp

·
Registered
214 Posts
I used Adams ceramic coating about a year ago. Then hit it with Adams Ceramic Boost after every couple of washes. Shine Shine Shine Baby.

Reactions: PaulMarSS

·
Super Moderator
14,325 Posts
I have Opticoat Pro+ on my SS. I have no complaints.
Older formula OptiCoat Pro was applied to my 2014 in October 2014. Just had fourth annual water bead test last week. No issues as usual. Detailer mentioned that the current formula is even better.
She has a new ceramic product - don't know name - that claims to be self healing of minor scratches.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts