Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New cam, some valvetrain components added
Also had the tech replace the serpentine and AC belts, thermostat, oil pump, spark plugs, and various bolts... and more. I put my shopping list in the video description.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
That Cam is Sick! Did you hide the children in a quiet place away from that xenomorphic liverNoise and explain: "It is alright to be scared kids, there is no courage without fear!" The Red_SS Cometh...the Meek shall abandon the Earth unless saved by the green new deal. @Armin DeFiesta and @15SuperSport V8's are Abhorrent Beasts...I WANT ONE!

·
Super Moderator
6,020 Posts
Sounds fantastic @Armin DeFiesta . Just be aware of the fact that your mileage will go down. No, not because of the engine work, but because you will be looking for every red light and stop sign you can just to feel and hear the SS dancing beneath you.
You will also find it entertaining to see all of the heads turning and looking for anything but your nice clean sedan to be making all of that glorious noise.
Oh, and one more thing. You're gonna need tires. ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm becoming more and more intrigued by the SS. I saw you OP on YouTube first, nice to make the connection to this forum here. I appreciate the info you make available to the rest of us :) Your cam sounds sick.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sounds good ! Love the videos..I really like these LS setups... thinkin hard about going LS in my pace car , but gotta avoid hot rodding the SS and that video isnt helping me squelch those urges, and warranty excuse expires in November

Reactions: Armin DeFiesta

·
Premium Member
2,371 Posts
Sweet, the Lion Roars! Gets serious when you step mash pedal 🦾

·
Premium Member
2,159 Posts
Sounds amazing.

how did your stock trunion needle bearings look?
GONE!!! He went with the CHE brass bushings!! I recommended the caged bearing trunions from BTR,,, which come ready to bolt up!! No press work involved. BUT they are more expensive!!! The upshot is that they dont cause the parasitic loss that the bushings do,,, but that said,,, the bushings are just as reliable at the end of the day!! I used em on my sons G8 GT rebuild!!

;)

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I saw the upgraded trunions in the video. And the previous video where he unboxed it all. I’m asking how the stockers looked after 100k

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sounds amazing.

how did your stock trunion needle bearings look?
Thanks, loving it so far!!

I didn’t inspect the old bearings, but my tech said they looked fine, none were missing. Oil pan was clean, showed no bearings in there either. He said the CHE trunnions were easy to put together and install. He just had to press out the old ones and just put these in with the capture rings. Found a video of the CHE install if you’re interested...

Reactions: 16PB6MT and ESindon

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had a similar sized cam. Custom tune and it made 460 to the wheels. Check it out if you like.

Great result!

·
Registered
794 Posts
Armin, you are killin' me man! Just when I get my credit cards under control, you go a post a video like this. Oh well....early Christmas gift to me....

I want to do this but keep my stock headers since I'm running solos in the back. I know if I get headers, I will need to get mufflers too.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Armin, you are killin' me man! Just when I get my credit cards under control, you go a post a video like this. Oh well....early Christmas gift to me....

I want to do this but keep my stock headers since I'm running solos in the back. I know if I get headers, I will need to get mufflers too.
Lol! Gotta say this cam brings the shake-and-bake experience back to life. I’ll sometime put in neutral while stopped at a light just to feel the shake and thump of the car a little more.

·
Super Moderator
6,020 Posts

I'm running 1-7/8" x 3" ARH long tubes with cats back to the Solo Performance axle back system I installed when the car had 13 miles on it... ;)

·
Super Moderator
6,020 Posts
Lol! Gotta say this cam brings the shake-and-bake experience back to life. I’ll sometime put in neutral while stopped at a light just to feel the shake and thump of the car a little more.
Someone needs to update his signature. Rumor has it you can insert a video... 😮

·
Registered
794 Posts
I'm running 1-7/8" x 3" ARH long tubes with cats back to the Solo Performance axle back system I installed when the car had 13 miles on it... ;)
How loud is it? I always thought it would be NASCAR loud unless I had something back there to keep it quiet. Had a set of Borlas that maybe I should have held on to.

You still get the burble and pops on decel or did you ever get it since you have an auto? My neighbor's dogs know it's me pulling up when I do, lol.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
How loud is it? I always thought it would be NASCAR loud unless I had something back there to keep it quiet. Had a set of Borlas that maybe I should have held on to.
I ran like that for a bit. Not bad if you don't use the engine, otherwise NASCAR loud is correct. If he tells you otherwise, he's gone deaf.
Doing a hard pull to 6500rpm would bring every cop within a 2-mile radius around here. Kept the headers, kept the Solos at the rear with some Magnaflow in between. Very streetable now. I really need to get a video from the dashcam at some point for reference.

·
Super Moderator
6,020 Posts

You still get the burble and pops on decel or did you ever get it since you have an auto? My neighbor's dogs know it's me pulling up when I do, lol.
It isn't quiet to be sure, but it isn't as loud as you would think. No drone of course, and cruising on the interstate is no different than before. I'm very pleased with the setup.
I will pm a vid to you as to not highjack @Armin DeFiesta 's thread. (y)

Reactions: ESindon
1 - 20 of 24 Posts