Chevy SS Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

Registered
2014 Chevy SS Heron White
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
Update 1/5/23:
Spoke with Frankenstein Engine Dynamics by phone. Tried getting an update on my heads. They transferred me to another line that of course, nobody answered and I couldn't even leave a message because their voice-mail box was full. This was the 3rd and last time I got tired of getting brushed off so I called back, a little heated and finally spoke my mind. Told them it's absurd that I've been waiting for 16 weeks and still no update or ETA. Told them I missed out on a $300 discount on BLACKFRIDAY (7 weeks after ordee was placed) and that if they didn't give me a realistic answer that I'd like my money back and go with AFR heads. They put me on hold for awhile, got back to me being apologetic, that 16 weeks is really long (typical turn around for them is "6 weeks"). They provided the full truth saying they're out of shipping boxes, materials, etc. And that my heads are assembled but waiting on shipping boxes to ship out. Got reimbursed $400 dollars and finally got them shipped out same day the call was made. Waiting for arrival tomorrow mid day. Sadly I work a 12 hour shift but when I get them, pics will be in order. Almost ready for final assembly. Waiting on my custom grind from Cam Motion who have been amazing since my original cam purchase back in 2020. According to my calcs based off build spec sheet, CR will be 12.26:1 among other things so I really can't wait to finally put things together 馃檶
Automotive tire Vehicle brake Crankset Automotive wheel system Gas

Registered
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Got off the phone with Cam Motion this morning. Everything is going as planned, cam getting shipped in a week. Have some pics of all the stuff I have at the moment. Received the heads finally. They are some good looking piece of aluminum imo. Almost that time to measure pushrods...enjoy the pics!
Light Automotive tire Auto part Machine Gas

Circuit component Audio equipment Computer hardware Electronic engineering Gas

Automotive design Bicycle part Material property Bicycle saddle Composite material

Bicycle part Crankset Automotive tire Barware Bicycle chain

Motor vehicle Gas Technology Auto part Electronic device

Automotive tire Gas Bumper Automotive exterior Auto part

Automotive tire Auto part Metal Wood Urban design

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Automotive exterior Automotive design

Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Crankset Gas Audio equipment

Registered
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Beautiful, heck I'm excited for ya. Getting a lot of crickets finding equipment at work as well.
Going to be worth it, :

View attachment 302602
Thanks man! Yea I'm excited about it. Neighbors won't be so much. My previous build was beyond loud and on shorties, stock heads and a tame cam. Now I have aftermarket heads, 2 inch long tubes and race cam. I'm gonna love it. Others, not so much. 馃槀馃槄

Reactions: SS WOT and Taze

Registered
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I know its a late night, but just wanted to share some pics of the custom grind I just received from Cam Motion. Excited now that I have all the pieces to move forward. On another topic, I just purchased a BTR cam for my LM7 (5.3l) in my suburban. Gonna swap out my springs on the stock ls3 heads into the lm7 and run the BTR truck norris cam. Now I got 2 projects going on. It never stops! 馃槀馃槀
Handwriting Font Wood Bumper Metal

Wood Audio equipment Gas Automotive tire Engineering

Finger Thumb Gas Circle Wood

Hood Automotive lighting Wood Bumper Automotive design

Audio equipment Gas Machine Auto part Gear

21 - 25 of 25 Posts