Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recent brought a 2014 Chevrolet ss , with mods.. and it drives crappy(the trans) I can get thru 1-4 perfect, soon as I hit 5th , it’s a thump in the gear change ? And it doesn’t give much power sometimes :/. I need help

·
Super Moderator
3,286 Posts
Welcome to the SS Forums @Demon.Ls3 !!!

Sorry for you woes!!! Perhaps, since you are new,,, have a look at this,,, First,,,,

More info will help the community,, help you with the issues!!!

Per your second post,,,, ANYTHING is possible!! Did you have the vehicle checked out by a trusted mechanic prior to the purchase??? Not knowing how technically inclined you may be makes it tough without more details!!!

Good Luck!!!

ES

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I find everything that’s been done to it soon. Ik it’s cammed, suspension, flex Fuel sensor, long head , cold air .not a lot i know maybe it wasn’t tuned or bad trans. With 104k miles

But thank you!!

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
104k miles is definitely a lot. The 6L80s have blown with much less than that. Especially if the trans tune was too aggressive.

·
Super Moderator
14,249 Posts
First step - find a trustworthy shop that is familiar with LS3 and 6L80E. Let them diagnose and determine what you need.
Them being familiar with the SS or Holdens in general would be a big bonus.

·
Registered
334 Posts
First step - find a trustworthy shop that is familiar with LS3 and 6L80E. Let them diagnose and determine what you need.
Them being familiar with the SS or Holdens in general would be a big bonus.
Or at least a place that deals with newer corvette's.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I would think it's either a transmission problem or a BAD tune, not a lack of tune. If it's a transmission problem, I'm surprised it has that behavior without throwing a code.

What are the mods? Are you able to ask the previous owner about the issue?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would think it's either a transmission problem or a BAD tune, not a lack of tune. If it's a transmission problem, I'm surprised it has that behavior without throwing a code.

What are the mods? Are you able to ask the previous owner about the issue?

Texas Speed Stage 3 LS3 Cam 231/246 .640"/615" 111 LSA, 109 ICL
Circle D Triple Disc 3600

Fuel injectors are Clinic 80 lbs.

Flex fuel

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I don't think a Diablo tuner is going to do the trick. You probably need to go to an experienced tuner.
I brought the tuner before I came across the problem. so I never hooked it up or did anything with it . But thank you for the advice !

·
Registered
505 Posts
HPTuners is the brand. Are you sure you wouldn't be better off consulting a local tuner before shelling out $600 for tuning software?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts