Chevy SS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've actually had two different order experiences with them lately, a Magnaflow exhaust and a Rotofab intake.

The Magnaflow order was WAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY cheaper than I could have gotten it anywhere else.
When Kristie found out that they were backordered at Magnaflow, she found one elsewhere and I had it in my hands in a couple days. The price and shipping time on that order was beyond expectations.

I then decided to get a Rotofab for my SS, which btw from the looks of the increased airflow numbers in my logs, ended up giving the SS MORE than the advertised ~11rwhp.

I ordered the Rotofab from Maryland Speed, and was told I should see it around the end of May. Then I made the mistake of reading a thread on here about how "horrible" Branden and Maryland Speed was. I made the mistake of ASSUMING that my experience would be the same as some have "said" their's was. (I put "said" in quotes because some of the things that are said here have zero truth or any basis in reality. Some of the things said in that particular thread were out and out lies.)

I ended up calling Branden last Friday, before he had seen the thread that is now closed. I was "influenced" by what I'd read, and he honestly had no idea why I was questioning when I'd get my Rotofab. He simply said I would get it when I was originally expected to get it, and didn't understand why it would be a problem.

It was only a "problem" because of what I had read on an internet forum. Had I not read all that negative BS, I wouldn't have bothered Branden. I would have basically ordered a Rotofab, been given an estimated delivery date, and I would have gotten it on that date.

As it happened, I DID get my Rotofab on the EXACT date that was estimated. And not only that, 15 minutes after UPS dropped it on my doorstep, Branden called me to make sure I got it and everything was OK. That's what I call service!

Here's the moral of MY story... I'm NOT posting this to start up another disaster thread. If this thread goes that way, I'll ask the mods to close or delete it. If they can't, I'll just delete everything I've said if nothing else. I'm posting this to share my attitude on vendors, and people in general. I judge vendors and individuals on how they treat ME, not anyone else. If a vendor or person treats me right, they've treated me right. Simple as that. I believe in one thing in life over pretty much everything else... Karma. I believe that if you treat people well, they will respond in like fashion. I've spent the last 4 decades of dealing with vendors in the automotive industry precisely that way. If a vendor screws me for no good reason, I won't use them anymore. If they treat me well but (allegedly) "screw" somebody else for (again, allegedly) no good reason, I'll still use them. I judge people and vendors by my OWN experiences with them. Sure, vendor feedback is fine, but my point in all of this is don't just assume that you're going to be treated a certain way because that's how some guy on the internet said that particular vendor would treat you. That's wrong. And unfair to the vendor. Give vendors, and people for that matter a chance to do good or do the right thing and they'll usually surprise you. And remember that how you treat THEM has a huge influence on how they treat you.

Thanks for reading all that. And THANKS Branden and Maryland Speed! Your prices were awesome and you delivered the products when you estimated they would be delivered. I WILL be ordering from Maryland Speed in the future.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have never ordered anything from Maryland Speed. I have no knowledge if their service is good or bad other than reading the thread you reference. I have no dog in this fight.
I am glad your experience with MS was beyond good.

The rest of your post about relying only on personal experience is garbage. I see no sense going thru life without using other people's experiences and wisdom to my benefit. Life is to short

·
Registered
852 Posts
It's a mixed bag for sure. I waited 4 weeks for an axle back Solo, after being told it would ship during the same week I ordered. Tried each week asking for an update and kept getting the promise for this week, this week..4 weeks later it showed up. The few bucks I saved wasn't worth the wait IMO.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I'm not commenting on MS as I have never used them, but just because you had a positive experience with a vendor or dealer, doesn't mean that the others who have had negative experiences are BS. As a made up example, if someone sells 100 items to 100 different people and 99 of those people had a terrible experience and you were the only 1 with a good experience, that doesn't mean the other peoples' complaints are BS. That is why there are forums and such for people to go to and discuss stuff like this, and then people can use that collective knowledge to make their own choices. Just saying.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Sharing experiences is what forums are about. It isn't hard to reason that people are more prone to complain than to compliment so harsh reviews are likely to make more frequent appearances than kudos. With that in mind you have to find your own balance and give your own weight to the available information.

I am not sure if you are saying that as a result of reading a negative forum thread about a vendor, you acted on the information by making a call, and after your call came to the conclusion that you now
judge vendors and individuals on how they treat ME, not anyone else.
or if you worked in violation of your own assertion because of that same thread. If the former, then, a lesson was learned (though I would disagree as I'd rather people did share experiences with vendors) and if the latter, then I'd say there is a contradiction as you did exactly the opposite of what you advised (acted on information that was not your experience with a vendor).

In any case, I am glad you shared your positive experience about a vendor and the part that you have received.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
buh- dry filter.

Guys, I didn't make this thread to have my comments psychoanalyzed or told they're "garbage". (btw- wow.) I made the thread because I wanted to convey my experience with this vendor and MY OPINION that assuming how a vendor or person is going to act before actually giving them a chance to act is wrong. It's my opinion, you don't have to agree with it, call it garbage or say it's wrong. It's an opinion. I'm entitled to my own opinion. You can take it for what it's worth.

Der- Yes, it was the latter. I did stray from my beliefs, and I was wrong in doing it. I guess it's the open minded part of me that allowed some bad information in. I actually apologized to Branden for assuming my order was going to be screwed up before even giving him a chance to meet the expectations of the order. Nobody's perfect, I admit I did not treat Branden fairly.

Smann- The reason I used the term BS is because I heard the other side of the story. Let's just say there's always two sides to every story, and the other side of some of the stories that have been told relating to Branden and Maryland Speed are vastly different than what was portrayed.

All of this MS stuff and that other thread has dealt with how a vendor treats customers. There IS another side to that though, it's how customers treat a vendor. Just keep in mind that all vendors have to deal with every type of person, just like we have to deal with every type of vendor. If we can all agree that there ARE vendors that are crooks, liars or just general a-holes, then we HAVE to also agree that there are customers out there with the exact same traits.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
14,028 Posts
I have learned from dealer satisfaction surveys, CCC, zone rep and service manager complaints that the old saying "never let the truth get in the way of a good story" applies more often than not.

Many customers have unreasonable expectations.

Further, it is a proven psychological theory that 'people hear what they want to hear'.

There are also customers "looking for a fight" regardless of the actual circumstances and just outright make up their own 'tale of woe'.

That being said; there are always valid complaints. More often than not however the first four paragraphs apply.

The hardest function of a manager dealing with complaints is to separate the valid from the invalid. The rest is cake.

My personal experience; take it for what it is worth to you.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Smann- The reason I used the term BS is because I heard the other side of the story. Let's just say there's always two sides to every story, and the other side of some of the stories that have been told relating to Branden and Maryland Speed are vastly different than what was portrayed.
And how do you know that the side you heard from them wasn't BS? You can't say whether one was BS or the other unless there is actual proof. That's what I was getting at. And considering there were multiple people with the same exact experience in the other thread... Just saying, again.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok I gave my feedback on my recent personal experience with Maryland Speed. I gave my opinion on the subject. I don't think we need this to dissolve into a discussion about whether I can determine BS or not. That's a personal issue and like I've already said, I don't need any internet therapy or a psych evaluation right now. Maybe later, but I'm ok right now. I think. lol.

Mods- can you please close this thread now?

·
Super Moderator
13,427 Posts
Closed as requested.
Gratefully....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.