Chevy SS Forum banner

101 - 120 of 126 Posts

·
Premium Member
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
It’s all back together and just went for it’s maiden voyage for some data logging. Omg this thing is rolling!!! Can’t wait for some WOT hits!!!!!

·
Premium Member
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #102

By the time I put the nose back on the car it was dark. No more pics until it’s washed and detailed a bit. Omfg she is dirty!!!

Almost forgot....she’s a whiny little **** now!

·
Premium Member
17 SBM M6
456 Posts
It’s all back together and just went for it’s maiden voyage for some data logging. Omg this thing is rolling!!! Can’t wait for some WOT hits!!!!!
HELL YEA!!

Reactions: 16HeronSS

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
This post does not do the squeals of joy last night any justice LOL

·
Registered
96 Posts
For the intercooler I'm running stock ZL1 cooler and it is sealed, I didn't tee my cooler into anything. I'm running it identical to the stock ZL1 with coolant antifreeze mix. The car survived the -17 degree day during the deep-freeze last month and no issues. Waiting for summer to see if it actually gets hot or not. No real pressure build up. I check it today in 75+ degree weather and in town commuting, not an issue yet.

·
Registered
96 Posts
How are you tuning it? Or did you get it with a tune? I've been dialing this thing in for weeks with my hptuners software and I'm still not done. I am stuck with the fact that I have an automatic and if I am cruising it gets into sixth gear then when I get on it it doesn't drop into PE mode fast enough, starts to get too lean and will have some spark retard. I'd I roll into it or manual shift it goes into it then I get something pig rich in the 10:1 range.
I started over again tuning the VVe table and now and pretty confident, but still dialing in the LS7 maf curve.

·
Premium Member
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #108 (Edited)
How are you tuning it? Or did you get it with a tune? I've been dialing this thing in for weeks with my hptuners software and I'm still not done. I am stuck with the fact that I have an automatic and if I am cruising it gets into sixth gear then when I get on it it doesn't drop into PE mode fast enough, starts to get too lean and will have some spark retard. I'd I roll into it or manual shift it goes into it then I get something pig rich in the 10:1 range.
I started over again tuning the VVe table and now and pretty confident, but still dialing in the LS7 maf curve.
Pat gave me a base tune. Sent a log then crickets. Got impatient after 4 days. Learning how to do it myself. I used the zl1 maf curve instead. It’s a zl1 pretty much not a n/a corvette. Also I slowly crept up to heavier throttle removing KR until there wasn’t any from the HO table. Once that’s done I set PE super early. 15kpa 0 0 0 0 also first two in next table for PE were left alone the rest are 5 and then 5%

after wondering why I was using so much gas I figured out by having the KPA so low it stays in all the time. I will be changing it to like 65kpa because at cruising you’re in 50 range.

I didn’t do anything with the VVE table yet but you need to disable the maf to do that so I hope you did.

·
Premium Member
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Oh yeah I’m also peaking at 14psi!!!!

·
Premium Member
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Once the weather warms up and the tires aren’t so hard I’ll really be able to tell if I need the f1 supercar 3. 255/40/19 and 285/35/19 are both XL rated. Those might be the new tires. Shoulda kept my other set of wheels. LOL

·
Premium Member
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
Is there any tasteful gauge pods available for our car to buy today?

·
Premium Member
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Anyone know where keyed 12v is in the interior fuse panel?

it seems like every one I check is hot all the time.

·
Premium Member
17 SBM M6
456 Posts
if you are talking about the driver side interior, they are always hot, is my understanding.

Reactions: 16HeronSS

·
Premium Member
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
if you are talking about the driver side interior, they are always hot, is my understanding.
Using that for now for tuning. Will disconnect face when I’m done for the day.

Wasn’t there someone on here making and selling DOC connector fuse panels? If so pm me!

·
Premium Member
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
Here is my cheesy temp solution so I can at least tune it. Oh well it’ll git-r-done!!!

This is how I have to turn it off because I’m using the driver side fuse panel for power.

·
Premium Member
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
Dialed in my MAF last night with the EQ error ratio all at -0.xx-0.xx. Removed all the KR. Need to do SD next and PE. Omg is she fat!! AFR 8.9(lambda .7xx) at times when the commanded AFR on PE is 11.01. Something isn’t right but at least it’s not lean!!! What a learning experience this is!

Did get to make some WOT passes for a good time but once I hit around 100 the shocks turn into pogos. Looks like I need to get another one as both rears are blown out now. Overall I’m quite happy with how it’s running.

I’m guessing she will prolly run mid 11s with all the stuff I recently seen but trap a nice mph.

·
Premium Member
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #119 (Edited)
I have one from here. I have single pillar model.

You’re the one who works with will pate on those grills. Nice work! Got any pics of the cubby one installed? Also does it come unfinished with the material lines on it?

Edit: I misread your post. You bought the a pillar one. I contacted zac directly about it and they do some unfinished and the cubby if finished properly looks amazing when done.

·
Premium Member
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
So finally got my shocks but it’s raining. Been reading about that EPS recall horrors and really don’t want to get it done. My car tracks straight and tires are wearing well. What is exactly the issue with it so I can possibly avoid it all together? Don’t want to bring it to a dealer because the last one did the balancer replacement and never replaced the original bolt and reused it. I only noticed this when I removed it for the lsa one and it took no torque at all. The balancer didn’t even rotate backwards when I turned it loose! For a reference the fuel rail and manifold bolts took more effort to loosen than the balancer bolt.

from what I gathered it seems that the harness and connector are made form different materials like one isn’t gold plated. Couldn’t this just be stuffed with a dielectric grease? If this isn’t the case lmk.

101 - 120 of 126 Posts