81 - 100 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
3,075 Posts

·
Premium Member
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Should have it together and running by Sunday if everything shows up on Friday. Pretty excited!!!

·
Premium Member
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Never mind. Not looking good. Between shipping delays and people shipping the wrong items. I should’ve went out and bought the stuff I needed instead of relying on people to ship!!!

·
Premium Member
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #85

Still waiting for my intake to show up from Maryland....going on since the the 16th.

intake, heater hoses, vacuum and fill both cooling systems, oil change, load tune, prime system, fire it up.

I may pull out the hx and spray it so it disappears before I fill it. Depends on how I feel. LOL

Thanks to @Fedge378 for all the help!

Now I gotta sell all the usual stuff left over.....

·
Premium Member
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #86

Glanzer tubular crash bar

If IAT high I have room for a pusher

·
Registered
344 Posts
I took my newera decal off but it was on correctly unlike that one. I also trimmed the bottom of the tube a inch or two to get the filter off the belly pan. Looks like it’s all coming together now! Good Work

Reactions: 16HeronSS

·
Registered
344 Posts
I’m jealous of that crash bar....

Reactions: Fedge378

·
Premium Member
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
I took my newera decal off but it was on correctly unlike that one. I also trimmed the bottom of the tube a inch or two to get the filter off the belly pan. Looks like it’s all coming together now! Good Work
Yes it being upside down irks me. I already fixed it also wired and mounted the pump relay kit with RIVNUTS!!

Now waiting on heater hoses. They will be here tomorrow I hope.

Also need m3x8mm bolts for the maf. M4 too big. Got everything except those two things now.

Need to order a green filter as well tonight.

·
Premium Member
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
So I have a question...

To the people that have used the cobalt res degas tank, where did you plumb the top port to? Magnuson uses the same one yet they let it vent to atmosphere behind the headlight but that seems strange to me.

·
Premium Member
17 SBM M6
456 Posts
While you have everything apart still, put a manual switch on the HX pump. You'll thank me later...

Reactions: 16HeronSS

·
Premium Member
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
While you have everything apart still, put a manual switch on the HX pump. You'll thank me later...
I’ll do that later. It’s just a matter of running 12v to the trigger wire on the relay. I’m actually trying to find socket end for a wire to fit in the fuse block connector. 48 is the location where my finger is in the picture below. Goes between the striped green and purple. I want the female pin that goes on the wire to fit that connector. Then all I have to do is put a fuse in the panel.

·
Registered
344 Posts
So I have a question...

To the people that have used the cobalt res degas tank, where did you plumb the top port to? Magnuson uses the same one yet they let it vent to atmosphere behind the headlight but that seems strange to me.
I “t”d mine into the radiator overflow line. I run the same coolant mixture in both.

·
Premium Member
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
I “t”d mine into the radiator overflow line. I run the same coolant mixture in both.
What fitting did you use? The degas bottle is way bigger than the hose for the overflow.

·
Premium Member
513 Posts
So I have a question...

Vent to atmosphere is normal for a pressure relief cap .. It will only spit if your coolant boils over and exceeds the cap rating.

·
Registered
344 Posts
What fitting did you use? The degas bottle is way bigger than the hose for the overflow.

you can follow the overflow line from the cobalt filler neck to where it’s “t”d into the radiator overflow line. On a side note you can see the fuse tap I used for the h/x pump.

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
Did that with a fan switch once.

Once.

Reactions: dDUBb

·
Premium Member
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
Vent to atmosphere is normal for a pressure relief cap .. It will only spit if your coolant boils over and exceeds the cap rating.
That’s what it’s doing now

81 - 100 of 126 Posts