Chevy SS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks everyone. PPV told me he had one. I really want the zl1 lid so I’ll wait until this is the last part I need. If i still cannot get it by then I’ll look at what options are available at that time.

I don’t have Facebook. I’ll have my wife join though. Thanks for the tip indebt.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Well to answer my own question...lid is still on national backorder.

I’m not in dire need of a lid now anyways so this is ok for me. I still have options. I’ll gather everything else up until this is the only part left and figure out what to do. I am going to hope by then I’ll be able to get it. If not it’s going to be either the ctsv lid or Kong.

If someone using the Kong 2650 upgrades to their lid to the Kong and wants to sell theirs I wouldn’t mind buying it.
Did you see how much the Kong lid cost???OMG I’m staying with the Dedicated MS Lid

Side note, I think I have a couple IC pumps - one Bosch and one Varimax. I gotta look around the garage later

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Did you see how much the Kong lid cost???OMG I’m staying with the Dedicated MS Lid

Side note, I think I have a couple IC pumps - one Bosch and one Varimax. I gotta look around the garage later
Was worth a shot. LOL

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Have some questions.

1: What is exactly the issue with the washer fluid reservoir?

2: Where does the supercharger oil go?

3: Is it worth getting the stock lsa balancer or get the ATI?

·
Registered
193 Posts
The heat exchanger will most likely interfere with the washer reservoir unless you get one of the short ones.

In the back of the blower think it's like 5 oz. Have to change it with the blower removed.

Ati all the way and use the ati pinning kit

·
Premium Member
17 SBM M6
435 Posts
Have some questions.

1: What is exactly the issue with the washer fluid reservoir?

2: Where does the supercharger oil go?

3: Is it worth getting the stock lsa balancer or get the ATI?
1. As jcoulter36 mentioned above, washer reservoir will likely need to be removed. I think Glanzer and Turbo Joe make a tube crashbar that can accommodate a fullsize HX and the reservoir. You can also get an aftermarket one and mount it somewhere also.
2. see jcoulter36 comment above
3. I would get the ATI. It gives you easy pulley change capability to + or - boost. I run an 8.660 lower with a stock 3.4 upper on my 2650 and get around 14# boost. 3 bolts is all it takes.

I will guarantee that all of us commenting in this thread have enough parts laying around to complete your build...lol

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
I’m open to parts. Found the lid. I’m sure I’ll have to source valve covers and the electrical harnesses. Let me know what you have

Edit: Waiting for pat g to tell me if I can reuse my injectors.

@Fedge378 @jcoulter36 @a6d9cmro @indebt

if you guys have extra parts lying around to help me with my build pm me I’ll give you my number and we can talk so you don’t have to post classified ads for everything.

·
Premium Member
17 SBM M6
435 Posts
i got some LSA parts. brand new valve covers and a LSA engine cover for sure. DM me

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Pat said I could reuse my injectors if I don’t change pulley sizes. Otherwise I need an aftermarket one. Like fic or id.

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Ahhh I see why the washer reservoir is an issue. It’s a brick right behind the crash bar. Didn’t know it was that wide and located there. Makes sense full size hx will need it removed/relocated.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I used a PLM ZL1 HX and kept my wiper reservoir in the Oem location. There is some minor trimming to the header panel that has to be done but nothing crazy. You wouldn’t even tell it was trimmed had I not mentioned it
FF2ABC2A-5387-4DDE-858D-73CA2930E24E.jpeg 78D9F5D4-0775-4D93-8384-74DA4BA66E0D.jpeg

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Waiting to see what everyone has before I place an order with gm for all of the gm parts.

I updated the first post with a parts list of what I already have.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Get in touch with Greg Was at Pace Performance. He can get most of the GM parts you're talking about, and for cheaper.

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Thanks. All I need is hx hoses and pump. Got everything else.

@Fedge378 said he might have a pump. I want the Varimax if you have it. Dedicated has them. I’ll buy one if you don’t. Let me know

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Updated the list of what I have, what’s been ordered, what I might need

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
I see no one had mentioned it. Do not touch the supercharger oil. Don’t take the rear off the blower, this is known as a ‘no maintenance’ blower - so unless you’re having it rebuilt, you should not hafta worry about the oil

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Wish someone would’ve said it. Oh well. I’ll shelf the oil.

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
So I was removing the vcm otr today and can’t seem to find my oem radiator brackets. Idk if I shipped them off with the rotofab or just misplaced them. Anyways can someone help me with the part numbers for these so I can order them?

21 - 40 of 53 Posts