Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
17 SBM M6
558 Posts
Well, I got confirmation the supercharger is on its way. Once I have it in my possession, I will start ordering more parts. Might as well start a thread for the build.

So while still acquiring parts, I have a few questions to start.

1: How did you wire the pump?

2: What is the best hx for off the shelf without crazy modifications needed?

3: What is the part number for the heater core hoses that aren’t in the way? The ones that run down the firewall and along the frame rail.

I am open to suggestions on parts to swap out from oem to aftermarket but I still have a budget in mind. I need to keep the rest of the parts at or below 3500.

Can’t wait to finish this.
Exciting!!
1. Pump wiring- depending on who you got the kit from (this is an assumption), they should include a relay that would connect to the engine fuse panel and pump.
2. Best HX- this is highly subjective. I have one new in box from BoostDistrict, their "big" hx...I went with a chiller instead. IAT's during my 800+ HP run was low 90* if I remember correctly.
3. Blazin Billet makes a kit for a G8 that also fits our cars. Rubber off the firewall, dives down and runs along the frame rail with AL tubing and then rubber into the water pump. This really uncluttered that space around the dipstick and abs module...
4. What parts do you need? What blower did you go with?

·
Premium Member
17 SBM M6
558 Posts
Got it. DM me and let’s help each other.

·
Premium Member
17 SBM M6
558 Posts
I did the same thing for the pump. Relay is directly wired to the positive post on the fuse box and I think fuse 48 triggers it. I also wired a switch in so I can run the pump car off. It make it easier to fill and vent. The dms kit was really nice for the lid and plumbing.
so, dumb question....how did you wire your switch into the pump wiring. It irritates to no end that I can't figure this out...

·
Premium Member
17 SBM M6
558 Posts
Reactions: 16HeronSS

·
Premium Member
17 SBM M6
558 Posts
Have some questions.

1: What is exactly the issue with the washer fluid reservoir?

2: Where does the supercharger oil go?

3: Is it worth getting the stock lsa balancer or get the ATI?
1. As jcoulter36 mentioned above, washer reservoir will likely need to be removed. I think Glanzer and Turbo Joe make a tube crashbar that can accommodate a fullsize HX and the reservoir. You can also get an aftermarket one and mount it somewhere also.
2. see jcoulter36 comment above
3. I would get the ATI. It gives you easy pulley change capability to + or - boost. I run an 8.660 lower with a stock 3.4 upper on my 2650 and get around 14# boost. 3 bolts is all it takes.

I will guarantee that all of us commenting in this thread have enough parts laying around to complete your build...lol

·
Premium Member
17 SBM M6
558 Posts
i got some LSA parts. brand new valve covers and a LSA engine cover for sure. DM me

·
Premium Member
17 SBM M6
558 Posts
that looks great! what are the targeted power levels?

Reactions: Fedge378

·
Premium Member
17 SBM M6
558 Posts

·
Premium Member
17 SBM M6
558 Posts
While you have everything apart still, put a manual switch on the HX pump. You'll thank me later...

·
Premium Member
17 SBM M6
558 Posts
It’s all back together and just went for it’s maiden voyage for some data logging. Omg this thing is rolling!!! Can’t wait for some WOT hits!!!!!
HELL YEA!!

·
Premium Member
17 SBM M6
558 Posts
if you are talking about the driver side interior, they are always hot, is my understanding.

·
Premium Member
17 SBM M6
558 Posts

·
Premium Member
17 SBM M6
558 Posts
Sounds like a 416? It’s gonna run awesome with all the other existing upgrades that you have!

·
Premium Member
17 SBM M6
558 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts