Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Well to answer my own question...lid is still on national backorder.

I’m not in dire need of a lid now anyways so this is ok for me. I still have options. I’ll gather everything else up until this is the only part left and figure out what to do. I am going to hope by then I’ll be able to get it. If not it’s going to be either the ctsv lid or Kong.

If someone using the Kong 2650 upgrades to their lid to the Kong and wants to sell theirs I wouldn’t mind buying it.
Did you see how much the Kong lid cost???OMG I’m staying with the Dedicated MS Lid

Side note, I think I have a couple IC pumps - one Bosch and one Varimax. I gotta look around the garage later

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
I see no one had mentioned it. Do not touch the supercharger oil. Don’t take the rear off the blower, this is known as a ‘no maintenance’ blower - so unless you’re having it rebuilt, you should not hafta worry about the oil

·
Registered
3,179 Posts

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
I'd give pat a call and see what he wants if he's tuning it. He told me ngk tr7ix iridium 26 gap for my stock lsa
I had them too...2.50 upper/9.1 lower .28 gap

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
The install has begun

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Looks like we will never know how it turns out.

It’s only 5 more days...he’ll be back

Meanwhile, I’ve been providing guidance via phone LOL.

Reactions: dDUBb

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Reactions: a6d9cmro

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Actually it's a bit deeper than that.
There are a few 'rules of conduct' on this site that most folks seem to understand and agree with.
I know, he told me - I was keeping it light.

He’s not a bad dude, just made a mistake.

Anywho, another pic

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Getting there

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Yeah he’s making good progress. Heat exchanger is in now.

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
He said around 7-800rwhp

Reactions: a6d9cmro

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Nah I’m screwing around. 550ish

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Yeah, I left that part out - talk about determination. Though I’ve gotten and appreciate the praise - you win the prize, hands down!

Reactions: 16HeronSS

·
Registered
3,179 Posts

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
While you have everything apart still, put a manual switch on the HX pump. You'll thank me later...
Did that with a fan switch once.

Once.

Reactions: dDUBb

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
It’s all back together and just went for it’s maiden voyage for some data logging. Omg this thing is rolling!!! Can’t wait for some WOT hits!!!!!
This post does not do the squeals of joy last night any justice LOL

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
You just lose steering with no warning. The resulting steering is very heavy (much heavier than most manual steering vehicles of automotive past) and needs some serious manhandling. I lost mine a few times before the recall and had mine replaced under warranty (not recall). Serious pucker factor when you're in a corner and lose it. I'm ~200lbs with good upper body strength and very fast reflexes and about lifted myself out of the seat leaning on the steering wheel to keep it out of a divider wall on a corner in the highway when it went out. Low speeds like turning into a parking lot, or onto a road would definitely send you into the oncoming lane or off the road if the timing of the steering failure is bad.

They tried the grease thing but still had failures, so it seems the replacement is the best option. I've got a good dealer, so not a big concern on my end there.

Disclaimer: I'm on wider, stickier tires that stick out a bit farther than stock, so that might've impacted steering effort a bit.
I second that emotion. **** sucks when it happens

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Been a job, but you’re almost there

1 - 18 of 18 Posts