Chevy SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I got confirmation the supercharger is on it’s way. Once I have it in my possession I will start ordering more parts. Might as well start a thread for the build.

So while still acquiring parts, I have a few questions to start.

1: How did you wire the pump?

2: What is the best hx for off the shelf without crazy modifications needed?

3: What is the part number for the heater core hoses that aren’t in the way? The ones that run down the firewall and along the frame rail.

I am open to suggestions on parts to swap out from oem to aftermarket but I still have a budget in mind. I need to keep the rest of the parts at or below 3500.

Can’t wait to finish this.

Current parts I have:
Supercharger
Zl1 lid
Solid isolator
ADM harnesses
Casper break out
Magnuson relay kit
All gm parts
LSA covers
HX pump
Pin kit
Balancer puller and installer
ARP bolt
2.50 griptec upper
ID1050xds
HX

Parts ordered:

Parts needed:
Spark plugs (NGK tr6?)
anything else someone can think of

·
Premium Member
17 SBM M6
529 Posts
Well, I got confirmation the supercharger is on its way. Once I have it in my possession, I will start ordering more parts. Might as well start a thread for the build.

So while still acquiring parts, I have a few questions to start.

1: How did you wire the pump?

2: What is the best hx for off the shelf without crazy modifications needed?

3: What is the part number for the heater core hoses that aren’t in the way? The ones that run down the firewall and along the frame rail.

I am open to suggestions on parts to swap out from oem to aftermarket but I still have a budget in mind. I need to keep the rest of the parts at or below 3500.

Can’t wait to finish this.
Exciting!!
1. Pump wiring- depending on who you got the kit from (this is an assumption), they should include a relay that would connect to the engine fuse panel and pump.
2. Best HX- this is highly subjective. I have one new in box from BoostDistrict, their "big" hx...I went with a chiller instead. IAT's during my 800+ HP run was low 90* if I remember correctly.
3. Blazin Billet makes a kit for a G8 that also fits our cars. Rubber off the firewall, dives down and runs along the frame rail with AL tubing and then rubber into the water pump. This really uncluttered that space around the dipstick and abs module...
4. What parts do you need? What blower did you go with?

·
Premium Member
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Exciting!!
1. Pump wiring- depending on who you got the kit from (this is an assumption), they should include a relay that would connect to the engine fuse panel and pump.
2. Best HX- this is highly subjective. I have one new in box from BoostDistrict, their "big" hx...I went with a chiller instead. IAT's during my 800+ HP run was low 90* if I remember correctly.
3. Blazin Billet makes a kit for a G8 that also fits our cars. Rubber off the firewall, dives down and runs along the frame rail with AL tubing and then rubber into the water pump. This really uncluttered that space around the dipstick and abs module...
4. What parts do you need? What blower did you go with?
I need everything. Didn’t buy a kit. I’m buying everything loose or packaged. I was not expecting the base to be shipped out and on its way already. Should be here Sunday.

I was lookin at that hx and the weaponx one for the ctsv and the new era afco one for ctsv and zl1.

I was considering the dedicated motor sports lid hoses and pump kit. It’s milled and reinforced brick.

I’ll check out blazing for hoses.

I need to stay on a budget.

·
Premium Member
17 SBM M6
529 Posts
Got it. DM me and let’s help each other.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I did the same thing for the pump. Relay is directly wired to the positive post on the fuse box and I think fuse 48 triggers it. I also wired a switch in so I can run the pump car off. It make it easier to fill and vent. The dms kit was really nice for the lid and plumbing.

·
Premium Member
17 SBM M6
529 Posts
I did the same thing for the pump. Relay is directly wired to the positive post on the fuse box and I think fuse 48 triggers it. I also wired a switch in so I can run the pump car off. It make it easier to fill and vent. The dms kit was really nice for the lid and plumbing.
so, dumb question....how did you wire your switch into the pump wiring. It irritates to no end that I can't figure this out...

·
Registered
217 Posts

·
Premium Member
17 SBM M6
529 Posts
Reactions: 16HeronSS

·
Registered
362 Posts
I can send you my excel spreadsheet from my build, part numbers, vendors and prices are on it. Don’t show my wife

just send me your email.

Reactions: Fedge378

·
Premium Member
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I can send you my excel spreadsheet from my build, part numbers, vendors and prices are on it. Don’t show my wife

just send me your email.
Thanks. That would be helpful! Pming you now.

anyone know if arp makes stainless bolts kit for the supercharger?

·
Premium Member
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well to answer my own question...lid is still on national backorder.

I’m not in dire need of a lid now anyways so this is ok for me. I still have options. I’ll gather everything else up until this is the only part left and figure out what to do. I am going to hope by then I’ll be able to get it. If not it’s going to be either the ctsv lid or Kong.

If someone using the Kong 2650 upgrades to their lid to the Kong and wants to sell theirs I wouldn’t mind buying it.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Wanna say I've seen both a stock CTS-V lid for sale here or on one of the other forums (G8, CTS-V or here) and a reinforced brick ZL1 LSA lid as well, also on here or one of the other forums.

EDIT: Yeah, here on this forum is a V lid for sale, and he's within state (even though NY is massive, lol)

Reactions: a6d9cmro

·
Registered
924 Posts
1 - 20 of 147 Posts