21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,407 Posts
What's a front cap???

·
Registered
340 Posts
Sorry to hear about your dealer experience. However don't let it ruin your pursuit of this amazing machine.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

·
Registered
377 Posts
I live in upstate ny and bought my17 ssb in memphis, the sales person had no problems taking a video of the car and sent me specific photos as i requested knowing i was 1200 miles away. She even thought it was odd i wanted a photo of the spare wheel well ( to know if was a no sunroof but spare car).

If sales guy doesnt want to send you photos via text then move along i say pure lazyness or hiding issues

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I live in upstate ny and bought my17 ssb in memphis, the sales person had no problems taking a video of the car and sent me specific photos as i requested knowing i was 1200 miles away. She even thought it was odd i wanted a photo of the spare wheel well ( to know if was a no sunroof but spare car).

If sales guy doesnt want to send you photos via text then move along i say pure lazyness or hiding issues
Exactly. It can be one or both.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I have been working on this one, but the sales guy keeps trying to send me pics through their google account which isn't working. I have been begging him to just text them to me. At one point, he said I am just going to have to make do with the pics on the website. I almost fell out of my chair laughing....
Used 2014 Chevrolet SS For Sale | Kingsport, Near Bristol, Johnson City, Elizabethton TN
Don't be so hard on him, he probably has a flip phone and is a bit computer illiterate.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have been working on this one, but the sales guy keeps trying to send me pics through their google account which isn't working. I have been begging him to just text them to me. At one point, he said I am just going to have to make do with the pics on the website. I almost fell out of my chair laughing....
Used 2014 Chevrolet SS For Sale | Kingsport, Near Bristol, Johnson City, Elizabethton TN
Is it too much to ask to clean the **** floor mats before taking pics? Lazy...

·
Premium Member
13,407 Posts
them rotors are mighty rusty ....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Time to keep looking again. The incompetence of the VW dealer in Kingsport TN was breathtaking. They couldn't even figure out how to text me pictures.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Keep your eyes open, & bide your time...

Don't Quit Looking!!!

When I found mine the sales girl told me "it's not gonna be here long sweetie" (6) people couldn't get it financed this week. While I was there making my decision after the nice extended test drive (2) others wanted to drive the car, but I wouldn't give up the keys. Needless to say those (2) left in what they drove in.
YEP!! I didn't wait when mine appeared either (see below).

So what's the reason(s) for the LOW $$$ ???

You ain't gonna get a good one for the $$$ you want to pay.

This is a mistake many make; cheap purchase price = money spent fixing the issues; unless it is just cosmetic and you can live with a bashed up ride.
EXACTLY correct - I mean, how many people do you know that don't care about getting paid everything they can get for something?? You could luck into someone who's selling an SS & thinks that it's just a optioned-up Malibu or something, but it's pretty unlikely. (And taking advantage of someone like that is probably unethical anyway...)

=====================================

I feel your pain - several weeks ago, I was lusting over a low-mile gunmetal silver/blue CTS-V coupe that was about a day's drive from here. Called the seller a couple of times, asked some questions about it, then called a garage that was local to the seller & made an appointment to have them do a pre-purchase inspection. If the car checked out, I planned to fly out there & drive it home.

SUDDENLY the seller stopped answering his phone - and when I did reach him a day or two later, he told me that he'd sold it on the day that I'd scheduled the inspection. Burned my hide a little bit, but like my wife told me - "You probably dodged a bullet with that car..." I figure she's right.

Two or three days after that happened, my SS appeared - just FIVE MILES from my house! (And just to "stir the pot" a bit, another CTS-V coupe showed up about 70 miles south of here.) I went & looked at the SS one day before work, & planned to check out the V on my weekend. After thinking about it for about a day, I put a deposit down on the SS, & never even looked at the other CTS-V. (And apparently it was a good thing I did, because one guy told me that another guy had been driving it within the last day or two.)

I don't want to say that it's a "game" - but it kind of IS a game. When I got serious about finally getting a performance-oriented car, I knew exactly what the values of the different cars were, exactly what my credit score was, how much I could put down, pay per month, etc, etc, etc. - so when my SS showed up, I was able to jump on it like a Rottweiler on a ribeye.

Like a few others have said - keep your eyes open, & be ready to hit it when the right car/right deal shows up. The way that my SS appeared almost "in my lap" after I'd been looking for cars within a 500-mile radius made my wife tell that it was "meant to be". (I'm not sure about that, but ****, it sounds good!) You're in a MUCH better location than I am, I have only two large metro areas within several hours of my home. You'll find a good deal as well if you're persistent & keep your eyes open. Good luck, & post some pics when you get your SS!!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts