Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Gents. I've posted pics of my car in the past but since then i've done quite a bit more modding, so I thought I'd just start a build thread. The pics you'll see below are of the car and how she sits currently, and frankly I don't think I'm done. At any rate here is the list of mods I've done and pics to showcase. Obviously i'm open to hearing peoples opinions and questions so please speak freely. Enjoy!

BMR adjustable lower control arms
BMR adjustable toe rods
BMR front and rear end links
BMR super pro rear differential mount
BMR tunnel brace
MM coilovers
Whiteline upper strut mount bushings
2PC Niche Alpine forged wheels 20x9 +41, 20x10.5 +50 brushed and painted Monaco Copper
Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires 255/35/20, 295/30/20
Red powder coated calipers
HW painted rear lower valance
MM CF rear spoiler
Headlights painted w/ demon eyes
Holden Conversion, badges painted satin black
Blacked out trim: grill, windows, mirror scalps, side vents, door handles, and roof wrapped in gloss black vinyl
CF XAir OTR CAI
Kooks 1-7/8 headers
Corsa catback w/ black diamond tips
ZL1 steering wheel, with Holden airbag and Vitesse paddles
Holden instrument cluster and radio conversion
PBM painted interior trim
MM and Autotecnica CF covers and trim in engine bay

[URL=http://s827.photobucket.com/user/rdnshala/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160310_111819.jpg.html]

[/URL]

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Looks great Man!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Looks great! What's your opinion of the coilovers? I've heard a little mixed emotions about them

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Looks awesome, curious if the tires rub at all at that size/offset. Would even consider taking some pics for you just to get a closer look ;-)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Very nice - awesome build! Great pics also!!

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Thanks for the compliments, everyone.

Looks great! What's your opinion of the coilovers? I've heard a little mixed emotions about them
They are a good value for the dollar spent, and when dialed in to your liking exhibit good body control. They are a little rough over expansion joints, but otherwise fairly compliant over harsh roads. Still tweaking but I'll update on my final opinion.

Looks awesome, curious if the tires rub at all at that size/offset. Would even consider taking some pics for you just to get a closer look ;-)
As of right now since my BMR parts have been installed and an alignment completed I have experienced no rubbing. I've taken pictures that I can post if you need visual proof.

That is absolutely bloody perfect mate! Perfect stance, love the wheels and wheel colour, painted rear valance looks amazing. I bet it handles like a dream with all those mods.

One of the nicest VF/SS I've seen, including over here in OZ.

Great pics too! Well done.
I have to adjust the front end links a bit as the steering feel is a little looser since the install, but otherwise it handles like a totally different animal. Thanks

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
What a fantastic mod setup. Looks great. Keep up with more photos down the road

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Is it me or is the tire/wheel setup like $6500 alone?

No need for visual proof on non rubbing, I believe you.

Give me a heads up if you plan to attend any of the local meets, would love to see it in person.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What a fantastic mod setup. Looks great. Keep up with more photos down the road
Will do. Thanks

Is it me or is the tire/wheel setup like $6500 alone?

No need for visual proof on non rubbing, I believe you.

Give me a heads up if you plan to attend any of the local meets, would love to see it in person.
A girl never tells of her price for the cost of beauty. I'll let you know of any upcoming events.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Favorite build on here, we'll done. I need to crack my headlights open to blackout the chrome, looks really good.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
I wasn't actually asking what you paid...was just thinking out loud after I looked them up, I know what the tires cost as I priced them for the new car and then someone else I know bought a set and now setting track records while I put all seasons on...

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I wasn't actually asking what you paid...was just thinking out loud after I looked them up, I know what the tires cost as I priced them for the new car and then someone else I know bought a set and now setting track records while I put all seasons on...
Sorry, confused your question mark for a question mark.

Also, the last time I saw you i do remember thinking that you drive like a girl ;-)
Touché. I drive like a girl and you drive a girls car ;-)

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
My wife wanted the MDX actually for the longest time, I drove it, told her she can have it but I won't drive it. She felt it was worth keeping her driver around...

1 - 20 of 55 Posts