Chevy SS Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,631 Posts
Hey Don, can you share that picture with us? You can blur the rat's face as to not incriminate him if you'd like to. ;)

·
Premium Member
14,014 Posts
I don't know CB, you're far more knowledgeable on this subject than I. Really curious as I did look the strut assembly over several times. Don
Ask them for the P/N ???

Look at the RO for the P/N ???

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I have the top of my motor sprinkled with cayenne pepper, because I found evidence of a rodent trying to build a nest there about a month ago. Luckily he was not eating my wiring, but I found small pieces of bread, and other food remnants stored there, along with rodent excrement. No traces of the little critter since I seasoned my LS3....:)

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
I used to pull the manual gearboxes from the junkyard for my Volvos in college.

The stuff I'd find in a junkyard Volvo on top of the trans or otherwise...some of it may have been a rat!

Where I live, they are demolishing older homes...opening up sewers. After the major flood in 2014, that also provoked the sewers residents to flood out.

Some rat ate through a new mustangs engine harness and it was on the news not long ago. It can always be worse! :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thread title sounds awful but you'll understand and it might attract advice.

I love my car it runs beautifully but for the past 10-12 days it simply smells awful. The car is aways garaged and as I said about 10 days ago it started making the entire garage stink. The odor is coming from the front of the driver's side engine bay, specifically around the air box. This odor does not come out of the HVAC air ducting inside the car, only from the engine compartment.

I've taken the entire air box out twice now thinking some POS rodent might have gotten in there and died. Several years ago I opened the lid on my G8GT and found a mouse had taken paper towels into the air box, that's why I was suspicious of a rodent.

So, nothing in the SS air box, used water generously and stuck the hose into the junction of the air box and an opening that goes forward. Nothing. I've used a low pressure soap gun with Dawn dishwashing detergent multiple times to no effect. Yesterday I pulled the fender liner off and thoght that might be the culprit. Nothing.

I can worm my arm into where the air box meets a steel tunnel and it opens up into an area near the grille. Nothing. I don't see a way to spray into that opening from the grille.

I'm at a loss as to where to go with this and while I like the two local dealers, I hate paying for something I think I should be able to cure. I will go there if I can't fix it. Any good suggestings would be very welcome. Thanks Don.
The converters

·
Premium Member
14,014 Posts

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Funny, I'll see if I can get that picture from the service writer, I know him pretty well. Might the rat look like Adam Schiff? Don
Adding insult to injury for the rat, RIP...;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Just got the car out of the pest control agency, aka the dealer. Joked with the service mgr and service writer both of whom I know that I didn't know ASE certified technicians had training in pest extermination.

Profusely thanked the technician for fixing the issue. He said he didn't know how the rat managed to squeeze itself into the spot he found it but it couldn't get out. Died and nuclear level disgustin stench. He said he'd goofed his smart phone and deleted the picture.

Primarily for CB750, the part that the bast**d rat dug into is 92266076 8153C F-Filler, part of the crash mitigation system of the front bumper. Don

·
Premium Member
14,014 Posts
Just got the car out of the pest control agency, aka the dealer. Joked with the service mgr and service writer both of whom I know that I didn't know ASE certified technicians had training in pest extermination.

Profusely thanked the technician for fixing the issue. He said he didn't know how the rat managed to squeeze itself into the spot he found it but it couldn't get out. Died and nuclear level disgustin stench. He said he'd goofed his smart phone and deleted the picture.

Primarily for CB750, the part that the bast**d rat dug into is 92266076 8153C F-Filler, part of the crash mitigation system of the front bumper. Don
Well I was close.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Well I was close.
Well in this case, close is still a good call.

The service writer told me they had a Buick that was so completely contaminated by rodents that the final bill was $5,000! ACK! Don

·
Registered
411 Posts
Well, we officially have a true SS 'Rat Rod' ...although technically it needs to be a big block....... You could call it a "mouse' motor....... but it wasnt a mouse and it wasnt in the motor....

21 - 37 of 37 Posts