Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time fan of Zaino but considering a move to something possibly newer/better. The Zaino I use today seems to be the same product I used in 2002. Not saying that's good, bad, or indifferent... Just an observation.

Anyway, Chemical Guys has an overwhelming number of products. I'm interested in a deep wet look for my RPG. I like to use a sealant plus a spray detailer. I want something I can safely layer for 10-20 coats per year. Hydro Slick and JetSeal seem decent, but not sure what spray detailer to use with either..

I've considered paying someone to do a professional ceramic application, but I do enjoy the DIY aspect of detailing without getting complicated.

Anyone have suggestions for me? I'm interested in all opinions.

//Brew

·
Registered
598 Posts
I have done several vehicles with Adams ceramic products and while they might not be “professional grade” i am impressed and happy with the ease of use and outcome for a ”do it yourself” product. I found spending a day prepping then taking my eyes off of it and coming back in the morning to make sure no spots got missed before the coating helped me.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I used Zaino before, it held up very well.

+1 for ceramic coating I used quartz UK 3.0 . its not brain surgery but i will suggest very bright lights when applying and removal.

deep wet look 10-20 applications... cant help you there. I just applied 2 and was good to go.

ppp

·
Registered
2014 SS, Heron White, No Sunroof, added OEM spare
3,009 Posts
I, too, an I Zaino user since 2002, not really considering a switch, since it works so well for me. I use the sealer and a "few" coats a year and water never stops beading up all year long on both cars, and, one is kept outside. But, I do still look at other products to see what they have and how they compare.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Long time Zaino user as well and I'm sticking with it. I usually go with what my buddy (2018 SS 1LE) recommends as he experiments with newer products from time to time. He applied a ceramic coat at home but I honestly don't remember what he used. I'll 2x check with him.

·
Premium Member
494 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Long time Zaino user myself, using it before it was even known, always got compliments and 'what' do you use questions all the time. However this is 2020 and the ceramic stuff is no joke and 22nd century stuff. I am not sold on the 5-7-9 year ceramic longevity claims yet but i have 2 cars done now and after 1 1/2 years on 1 it still is holding up well, and its daily driver. I haven't given up on Zaino's but finding little information on ceramic and zaino compatibilities and/or the need to top coat ceramic after time. I am getting older and too many cars to Zaino now so the ceramics is just up my alley for my cars not driven a lot. So my opinion is outside of ceramics i don't think zaino can be beat. But a fresh ceramic job (on properly paint corrected car) is nothing but stunning, probably more so than Zaino but with longer lasting and harder, but i beleive a refresher of some sort whether that is another wax or polish or zaino will be necessary during the ceramics lifetime to get the original shine. Again just my opinion. Gtechniq is what I use and generally considered one of the top if not the top ceramic coating in the industry.

Reactions: willy92

·
Premium Member
6,995 Posts
Move to Adams. You won’t go back.

·
Registered
2014 SS, Heron White, No Sunroof, added OEM spare
3,009 Posts
Move to Adams. You won’t go back.
I'm almost tempted, but, I have a few years worth of Zaino left. After that I may be too old put on anything else..

Reactions: bourmb
1 - 9 of 9 Posts