Chevy SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone! If you happen to subscribe to MotorTrend On Demand (free 2-week trial), there are a couple of videos you might find interesting:

1) Search for the show "Ignition" Season 13, Episode 152 "2016 CHEVROLET SS SEDAN: THE NEW BENCHMARK SPORT SEDAN" - With Jason Cammisa driving and Rand Pobst as well! This episode got me interested in my favorite car of all time ;)

2) Search for the show "Wide Open Throttle" Season 5, Episode 55 - "HAS MAZDA LOST ITS ZOOM-ZOOM? PLUS CHEVY SS AND ULTRA-LUXURY SUVS!"
- Forward to the 7min 19sec mark and they will discuss the "new" Chevy SS haha - interesting to see their perspective of the "upcoming" Chevy SS... ;)

Again, there's a 2-week free trial so you can check these out - have fun!

·
Super Moderator
3,142 Posts
These were put behind the paywall last year!! Used to be able to watch em for free!!! In fact,,, it was the Cammisa/Pobst video that convinced me to go ahead and purchase my car sight unseen,, never having test driven it,, and fly to Michigan,, to drive it home to SoCal!!!

I have met Randy, and he is a pretty business like guy!! He rarely displays much emotion!!! When he got in the 16 SS, M6, and before about turn 5 or so at Streets,,, Carrying on Laughing and giggling,,, like a toddler in his playpen,, playing with a favorite toy,,, and he uttered the words,,, "I LOVE This Car!!!"!!! That was good enough for me!!!

Best decision I have made in a LOOONNNNGGG TIME!!!

😎

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Yeah the Jason Cammisa video used to be available for free ..... AND was the video that turned me from just thinking about looking at buying an SS to becoming a serious potential buyer.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Pobst pranged a Tesla doing the top end of Pike's Peak. Pretty good videos out there if you search. The quiet, silent power of those cars is awesome and strangely disconcerting at the same time...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah the Jason Cammisa video used to be available for free ..... AND was the video that turned me from just thinking about looking at buying an SS to becoming a serious potential buyer.
I'm glad I wasn't the only one! Pure joy - I think the comparison to the E39 M5 was also what did it - not to mention the reactions of Jason and Randy!

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
No video or 3rd party endorsement needed for me. My '04 GTO was all I needed to convince me that I wanted a G8 and then the SS (many years before they the became available here). But the Pobst endorsement is certainly of value.

·
Registered
465 Posts
That Pobst/Cammisa video helped push me over the edge as well. I think I watched it three times when it was still on youtube. They did what GM has no idea how to do in marketing, which is make a performance car look awesome. Instead of playing 4-D chess with focus groups churning out completely forgettable ads, just put a stunt driver on a track and mic up the exhaust.

Did you guys know Pobst bought a Camaro 2.0T 1LE as a personal car? Not sure if he still has it, but clearly that's a strong endorsement of GM performance engineering.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Yes, his IG is a good follow and he heaps a lot of praise on his 2.0T 1LE...of course that's also where I saw his pics of the Tesla wreck!

Reactions: cp-the-nerd

·
Registered
435 Posts
Yup. The Cammisa/Pobst video comparing the SS to the E39 sealed the deal for me. I knew I had to have one and started looking. After 4 months or so of looking for THE ONE, I drove 1,750 miles to pick mine up and drove it 1,750 miles home. Every single time I take the Lion out I hear comments and get thumbs ups. My avatar is from the very day that I picked up my SS.

·
Premium Member
1,651 Posts
Randy is a cool dude

·
Premium Member
7,127 Posts
Randy likes the SS. He drove the snot out of my instructor’s at VIR.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That Pobst/Cammisa video helped push me over the edge as well. I think I watched it three times when it was still on youtube. They did what GM has no idea how to do in marketing, which is make a performance car look awesome. Instead of playing 4-D chess with focus groups churning out completely forgettable ads, just put a stunt driver on a track and mic up the exhaust.

Did you guys know Pobst bought a Camaro 2.0T 1LE as a personal car? Not sure if he still has it, but clearly that's a strong endorsement of GM performance engineering.
Didn't know that about Pobst - yeah it does say a lot if he bought the 1LE as his personal ride!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yup. The Cammisa/Pobst video comparing the SS to the E39 sealed the deal for me. I knew I had to have one and started looking. After 4 months or so of looking for THE ONE, I drove 1,750 miles to pick mine up and drove it 1,750 miles home. Every single time I take the Lion out I hear comments and get thumbs ups. My avatar is from the very day that I picked up my SS.
That's awesome and my dream - find the ONE and drive it back on a nice long roadtrip... :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts